Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for NC Sarah > Reviews

Browse

NC Sarah's Profile

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

NC Sarah RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
J.R. Watkins Natural Liquid Hand Soap, Aloe & Green Tea, 11 Ounce (Pack of 6)
J.R. Watkins Natural Liquid Hand Soap, Aloe & Green Tea, 11 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $23.94
6 used & new from $22.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells great, doesn't dry hands, March 5, 2012
It is so convenient to get these in a bulk pack, as we go through them with kids in the house. The smell is very pleasant, not overbearing. Our hands don't seem as dry when we use this, and we love that it is more natural. The bottle looks pretty on the counter.

Temporary Tattoo Valentine Cards
Temporary Tattoo Valentine Cards
Offered by Continental Marketing Inc
Price: $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome valentines!, March 5, 2012
I bought these and the Peaceable Kingdom fairy bracelet ones (also on Amazon). They are really great quality - they come with envelopes, and the cards and tattoos are so cute and colorful. The tattoos are also big compared to other valentines, and come preassembled (no cutting anything out or attaching to cards, which has been a major pain in the other years when we bought tattoo valentines). There are cards that would appeal to both genders, which is nicer than some of the kits that are super girly or boyish.

My kids loved them so much they each took one of the extras and used the tattoos, which actually lasted a really long time for those sorts of things. Nice to put out a "special" valentine with a little treasure for the kids that doesn't involve candy or assembly!

Only drawback is no teacher card, if you care about that. We just gave the teachers a regular card.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Valentines!, March 5, 2012
These are so sweet, and well-made cards. They have envelopes, which is not so usual with store-bought valentines these days. Of course, they also cost about 3x what store-bought ones do - but the were good quality, and I liked that my daughter could give out "special" valentines like her friends often do (the valentines that are more than a card - with treasures like candies, pencils, etc attached) without adding to the pile of candy kids bring home that day, and without assembly required on our part (you just sign and stuff envelopes).

The only issue I had was that it seemed like something the boys in her class wouldn't be interested in, as it is pretty frilly. I solved this by buying a package of these and one of the Peaceable Kingdom tattoo cards, also on Amazon - I just grabbed some valentines from the other package for the boys.

Deluxe LED Fogless Shower Mirror with Squeegee by ToiletTree Products. Guaranteed Not to Fog, Designed Not to Fall. 20% Larger Than Our #1 Selling Original Mirror.
Offered by ToiletTree Products
Price: $49.95
6 used & new from $34.24

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually works, March 5, 2012
Bought this for my husband after seeing it at another fancy homegoods site (the price was the same here, so no real discount, but with free shipping I still did better). As the reviews promised, it works very well. It is foggy when you first get in the shower, but after you fill it with water and use the attached squeegee, you are ready to go (the whole process takes less than 30 seconds). It is attractive and clean-looking.

I know some other mirrors require you to spray with certain chemicals or have finishes that can wear off, but I think this one is purely a hot water trick so there is no need for extra chemicals. You are actually NOT supposed to use glass cleaner on it ever, just a sponge and squeegee. Easy maintenance.

Finally, I liked this mirror because our shower isn't very well lit, and since it is used as a shaving mirror it makes sense to actually be able to see your face. The LED lights are not so bright that they'd correct for a totally dark shower, but we just needed a little boost of light and this is absolutely perfect.

I've had no problems with attaching it either.

Bottom line is, this isn't the cheapest mirror out there - but I am pretty confident that we won't have to replace it any time soon, and reading the reviews on the cheaper mirrors made me think they were just temporary. You get what you pay for - buy well, and take care of it, and you can't go wrong.

Japanese Sushi Tray Set for Two with Chopsticks, Sepia Gingko
Japanese Sushi Tray Set for Two with Chopsticks, Sepia Gingko
Offered by Global Village Brands
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful gift, January 18, 2012
I bought this as a gift for my sister and wow, was I amazed at the quality. Good heft to the dishes, a beautiful pattern, the chopsticks are a nice wood, and the gift box makes for a great presentation. Great price for such a nice set.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great use of space, January 18, 2012
I have tried both the riser-style and lazy susan-style spice organizers. They are both okay ways to organize spices, but the riser doesn't make great use of vertical space and the lazy susan tends to let little spices get lost in the middle and off the edges into the recesses of the cabinet. This organizer is perfect, I ordered a second one because we have so many spices. I just organized by alphabetical order like other reviewers, the labels they provide are nice but I don't think they are necessary. I love being able to pull spices out and down, the mechanism runs smoothly so long as it clears your cabinet and its doors (measure first - it is a sizeable box). It is nice to get spices closer to eye level when I am looking through them too, I am short and it makes cooking much more convenient. A bit pricey - but it also has the possibility of being the last spice rack you'll have to buy for a long time, so I'd say it's well worth it!

Kakadu Pet Explorer Fleece Reflective Dog Coat, 22", Sun (Yellow)
Kakadu Pet Explorer Fleece Reflective Dog Coat, 22", Sun (Yellow)
Offered by Kakadu Pet
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colors, be sure to measure your pet, December 30, 2010
I love the colors on this, very bright with good contrast. The velcro is very easy to use and it's easy to put on and take off (no pull-over part, which is good - just a broad fastener around the neck and one around the belly). It is securely enough closed that our dog can't work himself out of it. Feels well-made.

The sizing does run true to their chart - which is bigger than most other pet apparel. Our beagle mix is usually more comfortable in a large in some items, but with the size chart I went ahead and ordered a medium - I think he would have even fit a small better. I think the extra fabric won't bug him so I'm keeping the M, but be careful and get your measurements right.

YogaKids, Vol. 3: Silly to Calm
YogaKids, Vol. 3: Silly to Calm
DVD ~ Marsha Wenig
Price: $9.94
91 used & new from $0.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace!, December 28, 2010
My 3yo and 6yo love to do this video together. I can't believe it holds their attention, but they really do go from silly to calm when they watch it. My preschooler loves the part where they exhale and say "peace" over and over. The instruction is very sweet, helping them think about their breathing and how their bodies work in a way that is very accessible for that age. Love the instructor.

LeapFrog TAG Reading System, compatible with the older style, Green
LeapFrog TAG Reading System, compatible with the older style, Green
35 used & new from $29.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I've bought four of these things!, December 28, 2010
I bought my son this when he was just turning 5. He had little interest. He played with it some, but it does involve parental help with early readers - you have to help them learn how to pace the pen over the words, or they sound clipped and it's hard to understand the sentences. It frustrated him back then.
However, he is a non-napper at school and we asked his teacher if he could use this on his cot - he brought in headphones and a bag of books. He loved it! As did his friends - at one point, all the non-nappers were playing the games in the books with him. His first Tag broke, so I replaced it. His little sister (almost age 3) was interested so I bought her one, and the baby (age 18mos) was interested in that so now she has her own Tag Junior. I have several times found all three quietly "playing" with books - anything that gets them that engrossed in books is a winner, in my opinion! They also like them for car trips.
In addition to the stories there are games in the books, which earn them rewards on the Leap site (usually little printouts like coloring sheets and mazes) and you can see how they are performing on their "learning path" - how they are answering questions, what they are learning, etc. Also, if they place the pens on the illustrations, usually there will be little extras like a character saying something.
The books are expensive, about $12/ea. But, if you find a good sale they aren't bad (get on Leap Frog's list, they will email you - I got an email before Christmas that a store was doing 2-for-1 on the books, so I stocked up). You can also add them to multiple readers, if your kids want to share. In the past year the Tag library has expanded a lot, and now there are also "game books" (little puzzles, etc) and very cool maps. In another I-can't-believe-this moment, I found my older two "playing" with maps - how cool is that? LOVE this toy.

Deluxe Tri-Ominos (In Triangular Tin)
Deluxe Tri-Ominos (In Triangular Tin)
6 used & new from $88.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, December 28, 2010
I bought this as a gift for my dominoes-playing grandparents. They play constantly so this gave them some variety in their routine. The set itself is beautiful, with a sturdy and colorful tin - it makes a great gift. Will enjoy playing with them!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3