Profile for Grace Hoffman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Grace Hoffman "Cellarmistress" RSS Feed (Des Moines, IA)

Saidoweizu (aka Sideways)
Saidoweizu (aka Sideways)
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved This Movie!, September 4, 2010
This movie is one of those rare gems that you find every once in awhile! I loved it. I had to watch it a couple times because of the half English/half Japanese (and subtitled)language barrier. The more I watched, the more I understood and picked up on. The characters are warm and funny--not completely neurotic as in the original film, and there are some laugh out loud funny moments.
The beautiful Napa Valley and northern California scenery were a plus! And no Merlot-bashing in this film. I recommend this film for wine lovers and for anyone who just wants to watch a good movie with some good laughs in it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2013 3:37 PM PDT

There's a Girl in My Soup
There's a Girl in My Soup
DVD ~ Peter Sellers
Offered by discountedmediaoutlet
Price: $29.35
25 used & new from $4.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Wine and Food Lover's Gem!, February 17, 2010
This review is from: There's a Girl in My Soup (DVD)
This film is one of the top ten Wine and Food Lover's films of all time, especially if you're a wine-lover, since there are so few good wine movies out there! It's a classic! Goldie is great as Marian, the young girl who goes on a wine tasting trip to the Loire Valley in France with British "food critic/playboy" Robert Danvers, played by the suave Peter Sellers (they should've shaved his back first--that was not very appetizing nor was it very sexy!) Instead of tasting, she drinks it all--"Why waste it?" she says. Only to get so drunk, she knocks over an entire wall of wine while standing in a wine cave and poor Peter Sellers has to pay for it all. Hilarity at its finest! I love this movie, I've always loved this movie and I can't wait to get a DVD copy of it.

Merlove ~ a Documentary About Merlot Wine
Merlove ~ a Documentary About Merlot Wine
DVD ~ Rudolf N. McClain

5.0 out of 5 stars "Merlove" Is A True Gem!, November 27, 2009
I can't say enough great things about this documentary! Not only is it insightful and humorous, but it will teach you everything you ever wanted to know about Merlot. It will also give you the winemaker's viewpoint and open your eyes up to the catastrophic consequences and impact that word of mouth advertising (such as the movie "Sideways") can have on the general public's viewpoint. Rudolf McClain is bringing Merlot back and we are excited! Help him spread the love!