Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Jason L. Mcdonald > Reviews

Browse

Jason L. Mcdonald's Profile

Customer Reviews: 91

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jason L. Mcdonald RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Nelson-Rigg Stormrider Rain Suit (Black/High Visibility Yellow, X-Large)
Nelson-Rigg Stormrider Rain Suit (Black/High Visibility Yellow, X-Large)
Price: Click here to see our price
33 used & new from $53.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep Out the Rain and Look So Garrish No Car Will Dare Hit You, January 29, 2016
Excellent rain gear - keeps out the rain and has loud color (Yellow) so you don't get hit by a car.

Basico Men's 2pc Long John Thermal Underwear Set 100% Cotton (X-Large, Black)
Basico Men's 2pc Long John Thermal Underwear Set 100% Cotton (X-Large, Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars 100% Cotton and Too Small and Shrinks, Too., January 29, 2016
Too small, too tight, not stretchy. Totally no bueno. I bought these because I wanted 100% cotton. What a total mistake.

Update International (RE-105) Dinner Forks - Regency Series [Set of 12]
Update International (RE-105) Dinner Forks - Regency Series [Set of 12]
Offered by Court House Supplies
Price: $16.79
11 used & new from $15.42

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Fork: Good-Looking AND it holds food, January 29, 2016
Excellent forks. Good-looking AND it holds food. What else can one say about a fork?

Farberware Classic Stainless Steel 1-3/10-Quart Brooklyn Teakettle
Farberware Classic Stainless Steel 1-3/10-Quart Brooklyn Teakettle
Price: $17.25
23 used & new from $11.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Small and Silent: More Appropriate for Granny than a Big Honking Man With a Hair Chest Who Hunts Bears for a Living & likes Tea, January 29, 2016
It's great looking... (PRO). CONS - however. 1) it's TINY. I mean TINY. The picture is deceptive, so measure it out... it's really for a small teapot - perhaps tea for two... but not a big amount of water. I like to not only boil water for tea but also have enough left over to be able to heat up a thermos. This is not enough for that. Second CON - the whistle is not loud at all. This is more appropriate for a granny or little old ladies social at the local diner than for a big honking macho man like me. I have a very hairy chest and hunt bears for a living, and when I want tea I want to make it with a man-sized tea kettle. (Not really). But seriously it's a good kettle but too small and too silent. And it's so cheap that it's not worth returning to Amazon.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Click (and Yes It Matters), January 16, 2016
Hard to click. I know it sounds whiney. The mouse is hard to click. But, I have suffered with carpal tunnel's issues and have learned (the hard way) that the little things matter a great deal on computer. So compared with the 'classic' white Microsoft mouse that has been discontinued, this guy is too hard to click.

Seems silly but when all you do all day is click and click and click and click and click and click and click and click and... sooner or later your fingers are going to hurt.

It's also BIG and TALL and awkward. So not at all a good, cheap replacement for the original classic Microsoft mouse if you are looking for a corded USB mouse. Sigh... why do they discontinue classics?

Logitech Unifying receiver for mouse and keyboard
Logitech Unifying receiver for mouse and keyboard
Offered by BuySPRY
Price: $12.26
17 used & new from $8.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful: Read the Directions Cuz There Ain't No Goin' Back, January 16, 2016
I deal with technology on a daily basis, and I am good with computers. Here's the scoop on this product. First and foremost, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS - you have to go to the Logitech website and DOWNLOAD their software. In today's computer world, I generally assume everything is "plug and play" and I don't have to go "install software" or anything else so 1999. But in this case: YES YOU DO.

That took me about 1/2 an hour to figure out, and I felt like the proverbial male who was unwilling to ask for directions. Except that I am and I do (except now we have GPS and WAZE and who uses directions any more and when the satellites go down because of a North Korean attack, all of America will be lost (except for the Google cars, which will begin randomly crashing into each other)). But I digress - READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.

Ok, that's step one. Then it actually works. Yeah! OOPS, I installed it on my laptop as a test... and I don't need it on my laptop.

Guess what: it DISABLES your older non-compatible Logitech receivers and these puppies are NOT cheap. So, just FYI, once you install this software you are stuck. I de-installed the software and NOPE, my mouse no longer works with the older receiver. So I'm too busy to debug this mess - just be aware that once you go forward to this device, you ain't going back.

THREE - these puppies are NOT cheap. They're like $16.95 when the devices themselves might be $25 - $30. So it's a kind of a rip off for Logitech to charge so much for them, and then SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE (just like Gomer Pile (if you're under forty - Google it)), it deactivates all your older devices, so SURPRISE SURPRISE SUPRISE you have to buy more of these puppies.

So I ain't a happy camper about this. Oh, and guess what - check the "so-called" return policy because you can't send it back. No refunds, no exchanges, so this is sort of a scam in my humble opinion.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2016 12:01 AM PST

New Balance Men's MX608V4 Training Shoe,White/Royal,11 4E US
New Balance Men's MX608V4 Training Shoe,White/Royal,11 4E US
Price: $49.97
7 used & new from $49.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the Shoe Description Carefully, December 30, 2015
Shoe does not fit the same as the product it replaced. It is very plastic and rigid. In addition, there are issues with the description posted of the product - read it very carefully as you know who is blocking me from saying you don't know what about the shoe and the related how you get it procedures. Pay attention to who fulfills the order. It's bad enough that the shoe itself has issues; it's worse that Big Brother isn't allowing a truly honest discussion of this product.

The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus
The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus
Price: $14.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it for the Resurrection but Stay for the Logic, December 14, 2015
Being a huge fan of Bishop Robert Barron on YouTube, I turned to this book for a specific issue: what is the historical evidence not only that Jesus lived but that He was resurrected? In addition, I wanted something that wasn't written from the perspective of theology but from a more neutral, historical stance. Furthermore, I wanted a book that wasn't a 900 page academic treatise but a book that a layperson could read, easily, and get an overview to the historiography.

AN OVERVIEW TO THE HISTORIOGRAPHY

This book fulfilled that role. Whether you accept its evidence or not hinges a) on your own religious perspective and open mindedness, and b) whether you accept the veracity of many of the early writings of Christianity. Not being an expert, I can't really reach a firm conclusion on "b." The authors are clearly fervent Christians, but they do an admirable job of leaving their beliefs aside and resting their survey to the facts and the historiography.

The book is an excellent overview to the logic and argument in favor of the resurrection. If you're curious or you've ever wondered whether there is any evidence... this is an excellent choice.

AN EXPOSE ON LOGIC

What I found surprising and enjoyable, however, was the writers' expose on logic. If x is true, then y is true. If a is not true, then b cannot be true - etc. The discussion of historical logic, above and apart from the Resurrection, was eye-opening. It made me think - a lot - about how I apply logic to my own understanding of "reality," whether a scientific theory (e.g., evolution) or a historical theory (e.g., that Christ was resurrected).

For that alone, the book is worthy of the read. Did Jesus live? Was he resurrected? This book is not only a good survey of the evidence and arguments but also a wonderful adventure in logic. Read it, and you decide.

Flents Quiet Time Soft Comfort Ear Plugs  50 Pair
Flents Quiet Time Soft Comfort Ear Plugs 50 Pair
Offered by Preferred Mart
Price: $13.95
4 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Tips on How To Insert Them Properly: Quiet Time can be Anytime., December 6, 2015
When you do NOT want to hear what's going on - THESE puppies are the BEST puppies to put in your ears. 1) They are made of the best, most amazing material. How good is it? Well, it's soooooo good that when they swapped it out for some cheaper stuff a few years back, lovers of these ear plugs like yours truly, complained so vociferously and loudly (ha, ha), that they swapped it back. AND their packaging for a while had to say: made with the original material. 2) I have tried like 16 different types of ear plugs, and these are by far the best I have ever used. Don't be fooled by cheap imitations, nor by the decibel level.

Once you buy them, the trick is to insert them correctly. (SPOILER ALERT - read on, only if you're not easily grossed out).

TIPS ON HOW TO INSERT THEM

1) Take the ear plug and, while spinning it, compress it into a small cylinder.
2) Pull down slightly on your ear plug, so that it opens your ear canal.
3) Insert the compressed ear plug. It's VERY important that it be COMPRESSED!!!!!

As it expands - bye bye subway noise, airplane noise, snorring, kids' singing, loud TV, dog barking or whatever is annoying you.

Another tip: do NOT reuse them. If you do, you may encourage nasty ear aches. So I have these as ONE TIME use only, and I am a frequent user.

(I am very noise sensitive).

Enesco Our Name is Mud by Lorrie Vesey Dog Mom Dog Dad Mug, 4.25", Green
Enesco Our Name is Mud by Lorrie Vesey Dog Mom Dog Dad Mug, 4.25", Green
Price: $20.00
3 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mugs and Chuck It Go Better Together!, December 4, 2015
One cannot get enough dog stuff. Buy these mugs, sit out on your porch and throw your chuck it. Chuckit! Classic 26M Launcher (Colors Vary)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10