Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for L. Allen > Reviews

Browse

L. Allen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Allen RSS Feed (Memphis, TN)

The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles
by Bruce H. Lipton
160 used & new from $4.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book-But Lacks Solutions, August 12, 2005
Having had the pleasure of hearing Bruce Lipton speak about these topics, I knew pretty much what I was in for with the book. But having all of this information in book form is invalueable, as it will reach so much further. I loved being reintroduced to the idea that belief has much (if not all) to do with our wellbeing in this world. This is something I have believed for a long time and it is certainly nice to have some scientific proof to validate it. Anyone who is ready to consider stepping away from the medical/pharmaceutical model of healthcare should absolutely read this book.

I do however have one complaint. There was not enough covered on how to reprogram the subconscious, especially if most hinderances to change are entwined with subconscious beliefs not matching conscious beliefs. I did find a very brief reference at the very back of the book that mentioned Psych-K and suggested it as the way to achieve the lacking balance which would allow belief to shift. I must surmise that Psych-K is the only thing Bruce Lipton finds effective, because nothing else was offered. I happen to disagree and wish that Dr. Lipton had covered more extensively, other ways to affect change in the subconscious mind. I feel like this would have been a much better book if as much time had been given to offering solutions as was given presenting problems. I was left feeling like I had watched a movie that climaxed minutes before the movie ended, leaving little time for an appropriate resolution.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2010 1:14 PM PST