Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more
Profile for _RST > Reviews

Browse

_RST's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1312
Top Reviewer Ranking: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

_RST RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Paper Mate Inkjoy Gel Pens, Medium Point, Assorted, 14-Pack (1951636)
Paper Mate Inkjoy Gel Pens, Medium Point, Assorted, 14-Pack (1951636)
Price: $15.00
15 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Bold, smooth, fast drying as advertised!, April 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One of the issues I've had in the past with gel pens is that the ink doesn't dry fast enough, and it tends to smear. They've done a good job of making this model faster drying, and in fact I didn't have the issue with smearing.

Writing with these has a unique feel-- it's something between the feel of a smooth ball point and a fine marker tip style pen (like a Pigma Micron 05). I can't say that it has that flowy feel that would make me turn these into long term writers, notebook style, but for average writing, it does up the bold factor and reduce the smear factor as advertised.

Tumi Alpha 2 Large Wheeled Split Duffel, Black, One Size
Tumi Alpha 2 Large Wheeled Split Duffel, Black, One Size
Price: $745.00
3 used & new from $692.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Only long term use will tell, but initial experience very positive, March 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I fly about 75K a year for work, and I go through at least one piece of luggage per year. Tears, shreds, bottom breakdowns.. wheels fall off, handles fail to extend anymore or won't close... zippers come off and yes, I've had my clothes come out in a bin, along with the luggage. Nightmare material when you're going to a foreign country or anywhere, really.

I have really high hopes for this luggage, and I will update the review as it has more flights under its belt.

There is only one thing I don't like about this luggage, and that's that it's a bit taller than I can fit under my bed for storage, and the rigid structure doesn't allow the top to compress down a bit.

The materials and workmanship seem very good compared to the other brands of luggage that I've had, including Samsonite, Timberland, Maestro, Skyway, High Sierra. (I'll be honest I was most disappointed with the Samsonite and the warranty policy, and most pleased with the High Sierra cost/performance)

The zippers are well made, corners well reinforced, the handles are well made. I've seen some complaints about the wheels, and only time will tell on that. I'll report back if I have issues.

There are plenty of organization pouches on the outside, the inside is well lined, and the structure is well made. I often choose duffle style bags because they seem to hold up better to the luggage handling systems in airports.

So in that, this duffle is different-- it's duffle style, but it has a built in structure. I don't like that I can't slide it under the bed, but I am interested to see how it changes my luggage handling experience.

So at this point: yes, this luggage seems to be better made than any I've ever had before. I have high hopes, and will continue to update the review as I travel.

Brawny Pick-A-Size Paper Towels, 16 XL Rolls
Brawny Pick-A-Size Paper Towels, 16 XL Rolls
Price: $28.99
7 used & new from $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS is how I save money., March 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Every since the pick-a-size and select-a-size model came out, I have been all over it. There's no two ways about it: I buy paper towels almost half as frequently as I did before. Most jobs that I have work just fine with the smallest size, and I double up when needed.

This is a huge, dense pack. I prefer this over the 8 packs at the grocery store because in packs of two I can fit them in various places in my pantry and not take up a huge square of space that's out in the open. The unused ones stay clean & dry unlike the 8, 10 or 12 packs that let the rolls tumble around in the open plastic container.

I've never had one of these shred, they are absorbent, soft enough for the occasional use for the face... I will probably never change brands after settling on this one.

Belkin USB Type C (USB-C) to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Belkin USB Type C (USB-C) to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Price: $24.95
35 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it with a caveat, March 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm using this on a new 2015 Macbook, and it worked immediately with no manual driver installation. Simple, well built, functional.

The only caveat I have is that if I close the lid, sometimes I have to reboot the computer before it will see the adapter again. In a Windows world I know where to go with this issue (drivers, sleep enablement for USB) but for Mac I'm not sure if this is a device driver or OS issue.

Otherwise it works well for me and has helped me complete the needed tasks.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2016 1:07 PM PDT

Brita Infinity Smart Water Pitcher and 1 Filter, with Amazon Dash Replenishment, Black, 8 Cup
Price: $44.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, but manufacturing & design issues mar functionality., March 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Straight to the point-- the bottom round part looks like a bolt on, and it leaks around the seam. I also have the "handle dribble" issue, which can be avoided, but not the prior leak.

The design is simple, and the idea is great: to get rid of the most frustrating things in life-- refilling, replenishing, re-selecting something again and again that you've already decided is the right product for you-- paper towels, toilet paper, filters, and laundry detergent.

So the design here wasn't bad-- I first tried to register from a PC, not realizing that the process needs you to WIFI pair with the device from a smart device & browser. Once I got this (and I'm an IT guy, I'm familiar with the concept from WeMo devices), everything worked out fine.

The pitcher leaks, I can't use it at all, but as a concept I liked it, understood it and was able to set it up without much fuss.

I wanted to give it 2 stars, but that is "I don't like it," and that's not true either. I do like it, and a great modern concept is marred by an odd mechanical/industrial design that simply fails at the basic function of a pitcher-- to hold the liquid in.

Try again Brita, it will be worth it and I'm ready.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2016 7:34 AM PDT

Contigo Snapseal(TM) Byron Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 24 oz., Matte Black
Contigo Snapseal(TM) Byron Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 24 oz., Matte Black
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Is that you, Alexa!?, March 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First, the joke: I have the Amazon Alexa and it looks almost like this. I confuse the two all the time.

So for the travel mug functionality:

-Outside grip is great
-Keeping cool is great ( I don't do hot drinks)
-Fits in my car's cup holder, not perfectly, but pretty well.
-Fit & finish are great

What's not great? Two things: The threading on the lid and container never lead me to feeling confident that I'm not cross-threading it. Almost every time I have to try 2-3 times before getting it right. I examined both and neither seem damaged...

If you try to drink it with the lid off, I get a definite metal sensation on my mouth. Other brands advertise they don't do this, I don't know why or how, but I definitely get it here and not on others. When the lid is on, I don't get the sensation.

Otherwise, affordable and a good deal for what it is.

Zinus Modern Studio Platform 2000 Metal Bed Frame/Mattress Foundation, no Boxspring needed, Wooden Slat Support, Queen
Offered by Sleep Revolution
Price: $260.00
7 used & new from $132.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, assemble and super well-made., March 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Over the years I converted my regular bed and guest bed into memory foam based mattresses, and at the time those required a platform bottom rather than a regular bed frame.

The wood based platforms I got were terrible, and I didn't like them from day one. I lived with them for years, and am very glad that I finally got this one to replace it.

The metal is very well made, doesn't show any kind of welds or seems on the outside, the drilled holes for the screws lined up perfectly and I had no issues with assembly. Very easy to assemble.

The wood slats are attached with velcro style material, and so they go right down on the frame and won't slide around. Simple and genius.

I fully recommend this bed frame. Simple, well made, good value.

Lifeproof FRE SERIES iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus Waterproof Case (5.5" Version) - Retail Packaging - AVALANCHE (BRIGHT WHITE/COOL GRAY)
Price: $49.99
37 used & new from $38.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin, light, durable, waterproof. Almost perfet., March 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One of the biggest problems I've had with waterproof cases in the past is that either they were hard to assemble without damaging, or they just seemed delicate where the clear front screen protector attached to the frame.

This one had neither of those issues, was fully waterproof for me, assembled easily and made me feel confident. It is thin & light, but does the job.

There was only one reason that I rated it 4 stars instead of 5: The clear screen cover has some kind of anti-glare or matrixing appearance when it's over the screen-- almost like you have some oil on the screen. It's perfectly clean but maybe just a side effect of the plastic.

If you're in need of a waterproof case, that small oddity is more than ignorable in exchange for keeping your $600+ phone safe, and I have no concerns or apprehensions about using it again.

Turcom AcoustoShock Move Portable Bluetooth Speaker Dual Speakers 10 Watt Power, Water-Resistant (10 Watt), Built in Mic, 3.5mm AUX Port, Ultra-Thin Casing with Rotatable Handle
Offered by Value Max
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $31.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The sound just isn't as good as bette priced comeptitors, March 2, 2016
I was attracted to this speaker because of the shape, size, lean back arm and water resistance. When it arrived I was impressed with how thin it was, but comparing the sound output to my Jawbone Jambox Mini, which is half the size, the volume and sound out of the Jambox Mini was much better. You can buy those on here refurbished for even less than the cost of this one, and the sound is much better from bottom to top.

I just couldn't justify the extra size and downgrade in sound quality for this price.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2016 8:37 AM PST

Zinus Modern Studio Platform 1500 Metal Bed Frame/Mattress Foundation Wooden Slat Support, Full
Price: $115.70
2 used & new from $115.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, simple to assemble, but not excessively heavy. Well designed., March 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a bad history with bed frames and platforms. This is the best one I've assembled and used. This is for a few reasons:

1. Well packed, didn't scrape or damage itself during shipping
2. Well designed and assembled. Looks really sharp! All screws face inward so you don't see them nor the seams
3. Thoughtfully designed-- velcro style attachment of the wood in strips to the frame so the slats won't slide around, go right in place
4. Instructions are simple, assembly is simple, good workmanship. Well made.

I used this frame to replace a composite wood one that I'd bought from Walmart many years ago... that had broken and been repaired by me, with screws, many times over. I can't tell you how great it felt to disassemble that old thing and replace it with something new, that also allows me to store things under it. Fully satisfied, and while this one was used for my full sized bed, I'm going to buy another in Queen size for my normal bed. Couldn't be any more satisfied.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20