Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on HTL
Profile for _RST > Reviews

_RST's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1282
Top Reviewer Ranking: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
House of Marley EM-JA008-BK Chant BT Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Black
House of Marley EM-JA008-BK Chant BT Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Black
Price: $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly loud, well constructed, radiates sound evenly, November 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I haven't had a keg/drum/round style Bluetooth speaker before, and most of what I've had in the past have been Jawbone Jambox models, Bose models, and all of those are candy bar style single directional speakers. This one one ups that if you're looking to spread sound around to a table or to people in all directions.

It's unique in the fact that you hear the sound in all directions. It's well made, nice materials, desirable design, functions easily, charges easily... and it's loud! Definitely tuned toward an outdoor setting or a crowd. Any speaker that is tuned toward loudness misses some highs and lows, and this one is no different. It will get the word out, but if you're listening alone or in small spaces and you want a very discrete sound, this may not be the one for you.

Pleasantly surprised with this device.

Ultimate Dreams Standard Shredded Gel Memory Foam Low Profile Pillow
Ultimate Dreams Standard Shredded Gel Memory Foam Low Profile Pillow
Offered by Dreamfoam Bedding
Price: $89.99
3 used & new from $21.24

3.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly as low profile as expected, nor as show in the photo, November 15, 2015
I have kind of thing for chunk memory foam pillows after buying a lot of varying types of memory foam pillows over a lot of years. This one would be "good!" if I had never had one before, but I have had several others, and this one isn't one of the better ones as compared to it's listing.

I bought this one specifically because it was listed as low profile, because I was looking for a pillow to take on work trips. this one is no lower profile than my normal memory chunk pillow, and in fact is stuffed more so it doesn't comply as well for side sleepers.

There is nothing specifically "wrong" with the pillow itself, but I just don't think the low profile description is accurate as compared to other memory foam chunk pillows on the market.

Canon MG7720 Wireless All-In-One Printer with Scanner and Copier: Mobile and Tablet Printing, with Airprint(TM)  and Google Cloud Print compatible, Black
Canon MG7720 Wireless All-In-One Printer with Scanner and Copier: Mobile and Tablet Printing, with Airprint(TM) and Google Cloud Print compatible, Black
Price: $149.99
28 used & new from $149.99

2.0 out of 5 stars "Please wait a while.", November 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's not very often that I have to write a review when I'm frustrated with a product. Most things I buy I've researched enough that I either like it or love it, with some specific details and reasons. In this case, my last several printers have been Canon. I just think they're building more durable, superior hardware that is better built and produces really nice results. This one is no different on the hardware front, but on the setup & software side, I couldn't be much more disappointed than I am. It was very frustrating. Since the majority of my experience with this printer was spent in frustration, I will focus on the difficult points in hopes that someone at the manufacturer is reading and can help things out for the future.

I work in IT and I have for many years-- for me, the test of "is a product simple enough" is this: Can I figure out the basics of getting it up and running without reading instructions? If the answer is no, it's a fail. This product was a fail. I was hung up on the spot of figuring out how to tell it what my WIFI SSID & password were.

Most people are living the wireless life these days, and this is my primary setup-- get the printer on my home wifi, and then let my other computers, phones, desktops/laptops find the device and install their own driver. I was not able to get the printer on my wireless without consulting the setup document and even then it was rough.

1. The printer could have easily told me the name of the Canon application that I needed on iOS or Android to do the WIFI configuration, but it didn't. This was a fail. I had to go to the instructions for this.

2. The WIFI setup process could take some cues from the Belkin WEMO setup instructions in the app-- simple-- clear-- and basically the same things are happening in the background but much more straightforward and simple to the user. I got caught up in wording here in one section that was talking about what I would describe as WIFI DIRECT vs everyone joining over a WIFI access point. This could be simplified "I don't have WIFI" and then just give WIFI direct as the option. As you wind your way through the app for configuration there are many sub-settings where you have to go to the bottom of the screen and select something else. Not simple nor intuitive

3. None of my other home wifi devices were able to auto-discover the printer other than my phone, and I had to keep power cycling the printer to keep it available to the phone. After a few minutes a firmware upgrade appeared on the printer, so I completed it. No improvement, but hope.

4. I inserted the CD that came with the printer in my mac laptop, but found that it was only PC software. There was more than enough space on the CD to have Mac software on there as well. My Mac wouldn't find the printer on it's own, so I manually downloaded the software and installed it. Still no luck.

5. A lot of the messages in alerts and on the screen are worded strangely-- in a way that a native English speaker would detect some translation oddities.

6. When trying to set the printer up on my Windows devices, they identify only a printer called HL-L2360DjS, and can never connect to it.

I really think Canon should focus on making hardware and outsource their entire user experience/software that faces the user to a Silicon Valley startup, or something. It's so 90's/archaic. It's that frustrating.

Long story short, this experience has kind of ruined my weekend morning, and I'll step away from the brink for a bit and see what else I can get figured out here. I plan to update the review if things get better or if I end up chucking it out the window.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2015 12:55 AM PST

Georgia-Pacific 2212014 Multifold Paper Towels (Pack of 8)
Georgia-Pacific 2212014 Multifold Paper Towels (Pack of 8)
Offered by BisonOffice
Price: $29.48
4 used & new from $20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely the right value., November 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When you buy paper towels, you know that you are buying something to be recycled at best, or sent to garbage at worst. It's not something you keep around so the focus is on getting a good value out of the product. This is a good value. Depending on your use-- hand drying, or some other activity, this one will meet your needs.

The box does not require a razor blade or knife to open-- it has some nice perforated flaps that you can use to access the box and close it back up when you're complete.

The box advertised "right quality and size for business" and professional series, which made me think I would be getting something a little thicker or absorbent than I did-- these are your normal bathroom dispenser pull one at a time towels. I didn't find them to be any more or less absorbent than what I'm used to, but they didn't under-perform for what I'm used to in hand towels like this.

Compared to anything you could buy at a big box store or elsewhere, this is definitely a value. No concerns recommending this

Fellowes 62MC Powershred 10-Sheet Micro-Cut Shredder
Fellowes 62MC Powershred 10-Sheet Micro-Cut Shredder
Offered by antonline
Price: $161.55
4 used & new from $161.55

5.0 out of 5 stars A POWER MONSTER, and almost silent., November 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I started shredding many years ago when so many credit card companies starting mailing me like they were my long lost buddies. Nope. Not on my turf. Those all get shredded immediately as soon as I touch them. With a slightly devious grin.... my own little way of getting even, or at least leveling the playing field.

Fast forward many years and I've had several shredders... as the credit card offers get thicker, I needed to keep upgrading my horsepower. I find a new one, give the last one to a friend who isn't yet shredding and up the ante to the credit card spammers! Plus I get natural packing material out of the deal.

This shredder is the most powerful shredder I've had in all the years, and the best part is that it's almost silent. I've thrown thick credit cards at it, 10 page satin finish presentation paper packed in an 8.5x11 envelope, and more and it hasn't even flinched. This thing laughs back at you when you throw it measly little receipts.

The design is on wheels, and this is the first one I've had on wheels. It definitely helps with sliding it back in it's cubby area under the desk and saves my back from having to lean in and pull it out. Without wheels you have to be careful not to tip a shredder over and that's something we just don't even want to talk about. A mess that goes on, and on.

The paper view bin is great, it has an overheat light so you know if you need to let it take a little breather ( I've never had to do that) and a light if the paper bin is full, if you position it in a way that the bin is hidden.

The shred out of this shredder is micro indeed- and smaller than any previous shredder I've owned. There will be no going back once an item goes through this thing. Think of one of those massive appliance shredders that can shred refrigerators, mattresses, couches and all of that like it's nothing-- that's how this shredder handles paper.

Another thing I really like about this one compared to my past shredders is that the shred machine on top stays on top and the bin pulls out-- the past ones the shred top had to come off the top (think, pick it up off the top like a lid) to remove the bin for recycling and that could get messy. This is a definite improvement.

The unit is quite solid, the bin was a tiny bit light weight compared to what I expected at first, but after lots of shredding it was a non-issue.

There is only one suggestion I would have for the design-- I have it in a very tight space that is just about as wide as the the shredder is front to back. The power cord comes out the back and protrudes about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. It is well protected but I would prefer that it come out from a recessed area. That would have put the icing on the cake for me.

So another friend is getting my last shredder, which was also a Fellowes, and was my previous favorite. Onward, upward, helping friends, recycling, and IN YOUR FACE credit card and other junk mail spammers!!!

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 for Mac | Mac Key Card
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 for Mac | Mac Key Card
Price: $99.00
50 used & new from $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Fast install, works well., October 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I knew this was just a key card and I had to download it, so I was surprised that it arrived in a "box". The box wasn't that big, and no major harm.

The card gives you a URL to visit to download Office, and then you enter your activation key during installation. The download was easy and activation was easy. I installed this on my 2015 Macbook (Retina) and had no issues with performance or functionality.

My job is 100% using Google collaboration tools, and it's all web based. You'd think that I wouldn't need MS Office anymore, but in fact a lot of stuff still comes in in office format, and it's helpful to have an offline option when I'm traveling or on an airplane where there is no internet.

The nice thing about this package as opposed to a 365 subscription:

1. It doesn't involve a subscription and doesn't expire
2. The price is right
3. Install is simple & straight forward

If your Office needs are pretty basic, this is a good backage to choose and will serve your needs simply.

iPhone 6S plus, 5.5 inch Matte PP Hard Case Cover (Gray)
iPhone 6S plus, 5.5 inch Matte PP Hard Case Cover (Gray)
Offered by lowpricenice
Price: $0.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best thin & snug case for me!, October 26, 2015
I ordered this case in several colors, and they're all great, but unfortunately they were listed as separate products so I am going to have the same review on each product, just FYI.

Back when the iPhone 6 came out, I got into the thin & light cases and I haven't looked back since. I rarely drop my phone, I've never broken a screen, and my biggest issue is always the general scuff & scrape. I don't need an Otterbox, and if I do, I throw one on for a weekend-- but not full time.

You'll see some companies selling cases like this one for $20. I've never paid for one of those, so I can't say how it is or isn't better, but these are absolutely perfect for me and I couldn't be more pleased. There are a couple things that differentiate this one from others I've had for the 6 and 6Plus previously, and I'd assume apply here as well:

1. This one has a raised plastic around the camera lens to keep the lens from touching a hard surface. Previous models had just a cut out for the camera.

2. This one has some texture lines along where the plastic lines are on the phone. It's a take it or leave it, but it is a difference compared to some others, and it's classy. Looks fine.

3. This one has full cut outs for each item on the bottom of the phone, rather than one large carve out that cuts out around everything on the bottom of the phone. This protects the phone a bit better, does make the case a tad bit more difficult to put on, but not really more difficult to take off. I do think it would make it less likely to "slip" off.

I keep a whole collection of these around in different colors for boredom purposes, and I couldn't be any more pleased. I ordered more today.

Wasabi Power Battery for Samsung EB-F1A2GBU and Samsung Galaxy Camera, EK-GC100, EK-GC110, EK-GC120
Offered by Blue Nook
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit fine, worked fine in Galaxy Camera 1, October 26, 2015
I ordered this for a Galaxy Camera 1 that I ordered refurbished, and happened to show up with no charger nor battery. It worked fine/charged fine/ fit fine, so I wanted to share that I had no issues with fit as some others had mentioned.

Bearded Soldier Beard Wash General Blend, 3 oz
Bearded Soldier Beard Wash General Blend, 3 oz
Price: $11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a beard wash available on Amazon that's great!, October 26, 2015
I came across this beard wash by a targeted Facebook ad and searched to see if it was available here-- and it was.

I'm spoiled in the world of beard wash-- I started with Oak, a product made in Berlin, and one I bring home on my trips to Germany. It's quite pricey to get shipped here, so I started trying out several beard washes here from Amazon and wasn't thrilled with any of them-- until this one.

It smells fine (so many others have a bad/undesirable smell), it doesn't dry but does clean well, foams up *great* (better than any others - even better than Oak). I have nothing to complain about at all, which is rare in this product category.

Only suggestion is that I would enjoy a bottle with a pump top-- Oak has spoiled me on that.

ASUS MB168B  HD Portable USB-Powered Monitor with USB 3.0
ASUS MB168B HD Portable USB-Powered Monitor with USB 3.0
Price: $139.99
98 used & new from $108.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good, not perfect, October 24, 2015
I started in the portable monitor game some time ago, maybe years ago, with an AOC monitor that worked just fine. It was loaned out to a co-worker and I wasn't sure it was going to make it back before I had to leave work work again, and I needed another. I bought this one, and then later bought a Lenovo touch screen model. Don't bother with the Lenovo, this one is the better of the two (IMO). So here's what I found about this one:

Very thin, very light
Great screen quality

The cable connects out the side of the screen. Kind of distracting, I would have preferred a connection out the back. Its a the bottom left, which is far better than the top right, which was the Lenovo I mentioned earlier.

I'm just not a fan of the carrying case being the stand. The case is some variation of burlap, nylon, or something, and it takes up a lot of desk space compared to a flip out leg.

I use this as a second monitor for my laptop, as a second screen next to it. I always want it to sit seamlessly next to the laptop screen as though I'm running dual screens. This one is not quite as clean from the front as the previous AOC, but the previous AOC was much thicker, and looked more like a typical monitor.

So I don't know that my journey is done here, I'm not "thrilled" here, but I'll be able to live with this one if/until I find something better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20