Profile for dbbdanford > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dbbdanford RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
The Devil's Metal
The Devil's Metal
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars This book was better then I thought it would be but not at ..., December 9, 2014
This review is from: The Devil's Metal (Kindle Edition)
This book was better then I thought it would be but not at the top of my list of recommendations from this author. I can't really put my finger on why, I am sure fans of rock and roll groups and groupie mentality could get into this.

Caustic Love
Caustic Love
Price: $12.11
83 used & new from $4.49

3.0 out of 5 stars turns out there I like about 50% of the music selection, November 12, 2014
This review is from: Caustic Love (Audio CD)
I heard him on TV and jumped on this DVD...turns out there I like about 50% of the music selection, the rest is just OK

Zombie Faux Real Mens Long Sleeve Tee with Mesh Sleeves
Zombie Faux Real Mens Long Sleeve Tee with Mesh Sleeves
Price: $17.93
6 used & new from $17.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Faux Zombie shirt, November 12, 2014
IF ONLY I had been given an option to choose a size! However, since that option was NOT available, I was hoping they would ship a large, maybe even an extra large. It would be much easier for a for a smaller guy to wear a bigger shirt then a larger guy to squeeze into a small shirt.

Oh well...guess my grandson can get some use out of what was meant to be a zombie shirt for his Dad.

Other then that....the shirt looks better then expected and delivery was outstanding. The price beat the mail order catalog price

Bad Men: A Thriller
Bad Men: A Thriller
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.59

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this read, November 4, 2014
I enjoyed this read. It has the right amount of tension, sex, crime and scare to keep me turning the page and looking forward to what happens next.

The Goldfinch: A Novel (Pulitzer Prize for Fiction)
The Goldfinch: A Novel (Pulitzer Prize for Fiction)
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars ... the author's penchant for description of EVERYTHING to become boring. It became tiresome to finish the book and ..., August 27, 2014
I found the author's penchant for description of EVERYTHING to become boring. It became tiresome to finish the book and could not wait until I came to the last page. Yes, I'm one of those who HAS to finish a book once I start it hoping for the best, I would not recommend this book to a friend. Too bad because the plot sounded so good.

The Museum of Extraordinary Things: A Novel
The Museum of Extraordinary Things: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars if I had the choice, May 13, 2014
It may be due to my own imagination of what extraordinary things would be in the museum, but I was a bit disappointed they were now more extraordinary then what you would expect at a typical circus freak show. That aside, the story kept me interested and for the most part, well written. I ENJOYED A TRIP BACK TO THE early 20th century in New York.

Amazon Gift Card - Email - Just Because (Pick Your Own Gift) [Someecards]
Amazon Gift Card - Email - Just Because (Pick Your Own Gift) [Someecards]
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift Card was a big hit with grandson, March 21, 2014
I sent this gift card to my grandson. He had just gotten a tablet. I thought he could go online and choose some games or books to put on it. Instead, he bought a BB gun he had been wanting and in this process, both he and his Dad discovered the wonders of Amazon! They were both excited to discover you could find almost anything at Amazon, fast easy delivery, and a fun shopping experience from the comfort of your living room.

Tri-Mountain 171 Lady Titan Performance Golf Jersey Black/White L
Tri-Mountain 171 Lady Titan Performance Golf Jersey Black/White L
Offered by Discount Threads
Price: $26.39
2 used & new from $24.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Tri - Mountain womens shirts, June 1, 2013
I have 2 shirts from this company that I love everything about them. I can't find them at stores so ordered online assuming same company - same size. WRONG! I had to pay to have them shipped to me and then pay to send them back. I was out $16 just to "try them on". Why wouldn't a company stick to one size pattern so that if you wear a womens medium, all their womens mediums would fit the same way? It's bad enough that different companies vary in sizes but you can't trust anyone anymore to stick with the same game plan. If I ever order clothes online again, I will make sure the return policy includes pre-paid shipping if you have to send it back for a wrong fit!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2014 2:56 PM PDT

Browne-Halco 7IP Carbon Steel Ice Pick with Hardwood Handle, 7-1/2-Inch
Browne-Halco 7IP Carbon Steel Ice Pick with Hardwood Handle, 7-1/2-Inch
Price: $6.72
4 used & new from $6.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Ice pick review, June 1, 2013
I bought this for my husband to replace a very old one he used as a tool. He was satisfied for the most part but said his old one had a thinner shaft which he preferred. The thing is they are very hard to find at stores so he was happy to get it.

R & M International Oyster Shucker
R & M International Oyster Shucker
Price: $14.99
6 used & new from $12.04

1.0 out of 5 stars Oyster shucker review, March 21, 2012
Sorry to say we are disappointed. You can't tell by the picture but this is small and does not work well at all on larger oysters...which seem to be the norm on the gulf coast. It is also flimsy, so will bend easily. My husband won't even try to use it anymore. Waste of money unless you are able to get mainly small oysters and you don't shuck but 5-6 doz. a year....even then don't expect it to last.

Page: 1 | 2