Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for CrowDiddly > Reviews

Browse

CrowDiddly's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CrowDiddly RSS Feed (Portland, OR)

Page: 1 | 2
Elegant Comfort Luxury Wrinkle Free & Fade Resistant 1500 Thread Count Egyptian Quality 4-Piece Bed Sheet Set, Deep Pocket, 100 % HypoAllergenic, Queen Size , Navy Blue
Price: $31.40
2 used & new from $19.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Craptacular - Cheap, Thin, Pill Up, Keep Popping Off Mattress, September 24, 2012
I wouldn't take another set of these sheets if Amazon was GIVING THEM AWAY.

Whoever is giving these sheets anything above 2 stars either works for the company or has a serious crack addiction. They aren't cotton, not even a cotton blend, and the thread count of 1500 must mean PER SQUARE FOOT, as it sure isn't per inch. Having said that, I realize they were around $40, and for that amount I don't expect them to be above average. In fact, I would have been THRILLED with average, as king sized sheets are expensive, and fitting an 18-inch thick mattress can prove to be problematic.

But my dreams of average, or even of fair quality were soon dashed the first night I slept on these. They were pilling by the next morning. By their second washing (week two) the bottom sheet had so many pills on it I felt as though I was sleeping on a copy of the New York Times in Braille.

But no, that isn't even my biggest complaint about these sheets. They state they fit a 15-18" mattress. They should of course accommodate my 18" mattress, or one would surmise. Silly me. On a good night only one corner would be snapped off by morning. On an average night, we could hit the 2, even 3 corner mark on sheet snappage. The fact that they are far smaller than advertised is but a portion of the problem. The icing on the cake is that the thin, weak elastic that is running through the tiny hem on the edge has no strength to hold anything tightly, let alone a bed sheet, thus making for a perfect storm of tossing, turning and OCD raging. I couldn't send these to Goodwill fast enough. Maybe someone there can make a cape for their kid's Halloween costume with them (I bought the black color), as they sure as hell aren't fit to sleep on (or attempt to anyway).

If you want decent affordable king deep pocket sheets, check out the 100% ACTUAL COTTON 300-600 thread count king sheets over on Overstock.com. They have them up to 24" deep, in regular smooth cotton and flannel as well, in various colors and prints, FOR UNDER $60! I bought the 22" ones, and had plenty left over to tuck under the 18" mattress. I even got free promotional shipping on them. And lo and behold! They are good quality, comfortable, pill-free, and--now this is just crazy, I know--THEY STAY ON THE MATTRESS! You're welcome.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lap Desk is Worth Every Penny! Works Left-Handed Too!, September 20, 2012
This is about the fourth laptop bed desk/tray I've ever purchased, and although one of the more costly ones, it is by far the nicest. We're talking SkyMall/Sharper Image nicest. It's high quality birch laminate plywood with a clear finish and rounded well-sanded edges, as though it were a piece of Scandinavian modern furniture.

I was recently diagnosed with cubital tunnel syndrome, and can no longer work at my desk. This desk tray has given me back the ability to use a computer as it takes all the pressure off the ulnar nerve in my arm. Other pluses that the description doesn't mention are that it comes 99% assembled (all you do is fold out the legs and screw in two bolts with wing nuts to hold them in place, no tools or skill required, yay!), and that the cup holder and mouse platform can be used on either side, so it will work for a right-handed person, or a lefty like me.

It is much wider than most lap desks/trays. I am using it with an 18" Qosmio laptop, and I have about 3 additional inches on either side of the computer. It's high enough off the bed to be very comfortable and not rest on my stomach, and will clear a beer belly or the 7th month of a pregnancy as required. It is also incredibly stable, doesn't wobble, and doesn't fall over even with the movement of getting in and out of bed with a 12-pound laptop loaded onto it. (The photo showing the laptop tipping forward caused me some concern about this, but my fears were soon put to rest.)

Need another reason to buy it? It's American made, by a small company, and puts the Chinese crap being sold for the same purpose to shame. This item is built to last.

My final thought on it is this would be a really thoughtful, useful and attractive gift to give to anyone who works on a laptop, or anyone who spends time in bed reading or eating.

MUKA Women's Faux Leather Overbust Corset Plus Size Bustier, Halloween Costume
MUKA Women's Faux Leather Overbust Corset Plus Size Bustier, Halloween Costume
Offered by OPENTIP
Price: $9.99 - $16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For I Suppose, March 23, 2012
Decent corsets normally run $45 and up to $350. I own approximately 20 of them. Some were custom made, some were off the rack from a variety of places including Fredrick's and some overseas sellers through eBay. I was delighted to find this seemingly beautiful corset for such a low price. A girl can never have too many, you know!

The corset is cut true to size, my complaint is with the overall design and quality of the material. The eye and loop hooks refuse to stay closed, (once you get the steel "buttons" in their proper eyes, (they are difficult to manage as the hole for the eye is not very big), they keep popping open, even though I ordered the correct size and should have had no such problem. After I went round and round with the closures, I stood up to see the item on and looked in the mirror. Let me tell you, it's a far cry from what is described on the Amazon site. The "faux leather" is a flimsy coating of vinyl over cheap cloth. It is very thin, and doesn't feel as though it would hold up for very long, definitely not through the machine the washing the manufacturer recommends on the tag.

As for the pattern cut or design, rather than pushing the breasts up and out like most corsets, this corset actually flattens them down and separates them, making them appear much smaller than they are. As I stated, I have quite a few corsets already, and not a single one of the others does this. In fact, until now, I was unaware a corset actually could make your breasts look small and unimpressive. The whole point of a corset is to shove your female assets together, lift them up, and put them on center stage. I have cotton tank tops that do a far better job of that than this cheap thing. I even went so far as to put extra padding in the small cups (the silicone push up pads that are sold in all lingerie departments now, at places such as Target and Walmart. Even with the additional increase in cup size, this corset refused to do anything other than lie flat across my chest, making my 42DDs look like 38Bs at best. No exaggeration!

Because I bought it from Amazon, I knew I would be able to return it worry- and hassle-free, right? I mean I pay a little more for things on Amazon at times in order to get the flexible shipping/return policies and the Prime eligible items that can really save you in shipping costs. But no, after writing to the seller and asking to return this item, I was informed that "due to hygiene reasons" I could not return or exchange this item. I may as well bought it from a guy on Craigslist in an alley way. I have returned bras before, so I am unsure as to what hygiene issues the seller is referring to. To be honest, I am assuming this is their way of not having to stand behind what they sell.

As this is an unflattering corset at best, I will probably hang onto it and give it to a flat-chested friend at some point who is not concerned with the advantage a well-designed corset can bestow upon the female form. If you are considering purchasing this item, I cannot recommend strongly enough that you look elsewhere. This won't do you any favors. Fredrick's of Hollywood corsets cost twice the price, but they will enhance your figure, not detract from it. There are also some really great eBay sellers out of Hong Kong who sell similar items at comparative prices who carry merchandise that will make you look like an hourglass diva, not the last chick to wander out of the bar at the 2AM sidewalk sale. Save your money and avoid this poorly-designed item.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2013 2:12 PM PST

4.0 out of 5 stars Barbie Takes a Vacation, January 21, 2012
I bought this luggage for the bright pretty color and the fact that it is a 3-piece set. As the other reviewer stated, it's not the lightest luggage out there, but it does seem to be sturdy and the wheels seem stronger than other rolling luggage I've had in the past. I actually wanted the hardshell "shiny" suitcases you see everywhere. This is not like that. It has an embossed woven cloth texture stamped onto it, and is more of a dull finish. I took it recently on a flight from Portland, OR to Washington DC, and try as they might, the luggage handlers couldn't crush the sides of the big suitcase. It arrived on both ends of the trip intact. It does have light grey trim, zippers and wheels, however, which are already scuffed with black marks from going through the baggage service. I would have preferred it was a darker color to hide dirt better. The luggage comes with a 5-year warranty, so I feel confident taking it on business trips. The "spinning" action works well, and it's easy to drag the suitcases either standing straight up, or leaning over to roll along like regular wheeled luggage.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2014 4:58 PM PDT

Acase(TM) Lighted Kindle Touch Leather Folio Case (Black)
Acase(TM) Lighted Kindle Touch Leather Folio Case (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Cover for the Money!, January 21, 2012
I had originally purchased another leather cover for my husband's Kindle for $30, but then decided he would need a light. Most of the other lighted covers are around $50+, so I was surprised that this one was so cheap. But it looks nice and does exactly what it's supposed to do. It's much handier reading the Kindle in the cover. It makes it more like a book. And there is a fairly strong magnetic clasp/closure to keep it closed when not in use, which was a nice bonus! We're very happy with the purchase and the price is the best part.

Cuisipro 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set, Green
Cuisipro 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, Functional, Hard-Wearing Spatulas, September 21, 2009
I am sure these will outlive me and my kid will inherit these one day. I received the white ones in 2003 as a wedding present. They have outworn the Cusinart spatulas I have by a mile. They haven't stained, they work even in high heat applications, and the 3 sizes are all I have ever needed for scraping out anything from cake batter to the smallest condiment jars. The metal loop on the end makes them easy to hang with my other bigger kitchen utensils. They still look as good as the day I got them.

My only minor complaint is that because of their sleek metal handles, they can be harder to grasp than a wooden handle spatula if you have anything wet or greasy on your hands. This problem could be solved by adding a grip of some sort, although that might detract from their good looks.

EDIT 10/12/12: 9 years later, and these spatulas are still going strong. No staining or degrading of the silicone blades. The metal handles and I have come to an agreement, and I suppose I am just used to using them now, so I have no problem gripping them. As such I am raising my review to 5 stars.

7gypsies 12497 ATC Punch
7gypsies 12497 ATC Punch

4.0 out of 5 stars If You Have a Rolodex, You Need This!, September 21, 2009
This review is from: 7gypsies 12497 ATC Punch (Kitchen)
I bought this for a different purpose than it was intended, as a substitute for the Rolodex One-Sheet Business Card 2-Hole Punch for 2.25 x 4 Inches Card Files, Plastic, Black (67699), which sells here for $3-9 dollars. The review on that item made it sound cheap and dissapointing, and the writer specifically states it will only work on thinner cards or paper. I didn't want to get stuck with something so cheap (it's plastic, even the punch part), so I kept looking.

After doing extensive research, I finally found this item. It wasn't easy, as it is a specific craft paper punch. It isn't specifically designed to be a card punch for Rolodex or rotary card files, just Artist Trading Cards. But it's sturdy, and there was an obscure reference to it being useful for Rolodex cards online, so I tried it. It doesn't dissapoint. I was concerned that it was a single hole punch and I wouldn't be able to get the holes perfectly spaced for my Rolodex cards. But it gives you a bit of leeway. I used a blank Rolodex card as a guide, and just punched it in the same place. Worked great.

The only reason I didn't give this item 5 stars is that it's a little hard to see exactly where you are punching on the card due to the little punch out catcher on the side where some punches have an open hole or a see-through catcher. This punch has a metal catcher, making it better quality but a little harder to use. You have to kind of look in from the side to make sure you are in the correct place. It gets to be routine after awhile though, and I have yet to punch a business card that wouldn't fit well in the Rolodex file.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2012 5:43 PM PST

Love You More: The Taylor Behl Story
Love You More: The Taylor Behl Story
by Janet Pelasara
29 used & new from $1.83

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Even Waste Your Time on the Library Copy, August 29, 2008
"Easy read" one reviewer stated earlier. Well, I guess if shallow drivel is easily read this is a fair assessment. This book both simultaniously infuriated and bored me. This is a poorly composed (and proofread) account of a mother's experience when her daughter is abducted and murdered by a former friend. The mother, a self-centered, fly-by-night sort who flits in and out of marriages and relationships all through her daughter's life, blames her daughter's college, her ex-husband and anyone else who she can point at for the decisions her daughter made leading up to this tragic event. Sadly, she has neither the insight nor maturity to examine anything in herself, or to question whether the roller coaster ride of good times she dragged her daughter along on since she was born might not have been one of the contributing factors.

The author is intent on convincing us that she is a "friend" to her daughter who "knows everything about her", and then spends the entire book commenting that she "never knew" about such details as her daughter losing her virginity, sneaking boys into her home while she was gone, drug use, etc. By trying to be her daughter's friend first, she managed to raise someone who was completely unprepared for the world and decent adult relationships. She is amazed when she discovers that her 17 year-old "baby" has had sex with mostly men who are far older than she, although she outlined in detail early on the many ways in which she deprived her daughter of any stable male influence. No onder the daughter was hopping into bed looking for "daddy". Mommy wasn't doing much good at home.

Aside from those items I've listed above, the writing itself is incredibly poor, and things of importance are never delved into half as deeply as descriptions of outfits someone is wearing or what was shopped for before a party. We never actually learn who anyone in this book is, not the victim and certainly not the murderer himself, as the mother spends the entire book giving lackluster daily diary entries as to what she said to CourtTV or what she gave the Marriott staff as a thank you for how well they treated her.

Save your money and your time and wait until someone who can write covers this story someday.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2011 2:44 PM PST

Polaroid i631 6MP Digital Camera w/ 4x Digital Zoom - Pink
Polaroid i631 6MP Digital Camera w/ 4x Digital Zoom - Pink

2.0 out of 5 stars So Cute, But SO Dissapointing, February 10, 2008
I needed a little camera that was easily packed for a trip I was taking. I liked the fact that this camera could take movies and photos, as well as the metallic pink color, so I got it.

The pictures this camera took were of poorer quality (even the high setting) than similar cameras by other manufacturers. The opical zoom feature was terrible. I will never get an optical zoom again. Mechanical zoom is the only way to get decent zoom photos.

My other big complaint is this thing seemed to eat batteries like they were potato chips. I was without power on 2 occasions within the week I owned it. This was a business trip, mind you, so I shot under 100 photos all together.

When I got home I returned the camera. Now I'm using an older Nikon with a real zoom that someone gave me. Too bad they don't make this camera in pink.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Restaurant-Quality Glasses, December 31, 2006
We have owned and used these tumblers for over two years now, and are extremely pleased with the quality. They are of a good weight and hold just the right amount of liquid. They were purchased to replace some cheap fragile Ikea glasses that practically shattered when you looked at them. Out of the original case of 36, I believe only one of them has actually broken due to dropping it on cement. The others do not have so much as a chip in them yet.

The glasses are the same quality you would find in a good restaurant or bar, and the price is a bargain. I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants a good daily drinking glass.

Page: 1 | 2