Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for T. Marshall > Reviews

Browse

T. Marshall's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Marshall RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
350 pcs New Flexible Solderless Breadboard Jumper Cable Wires Kits for Arduino Male To Male
Offered by EROAD

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of coated pins!, November 27, 2013
This looks like a good deal and it's not bad. However, I found that the pins on these cables have some sort of coating on them. It's looks like an adhesive or some protective coating that was on the wire used to make the pins. Unfortunately this coating is not conductive. So to use these cables, you must first clean the coating off the pins. I found it easy to do with a wire stripper, but it's very time consuming and greatly reduces the value of these cables.

Logitech USB Headset H340 for Internet Calls and Music - Black
Logitech USB Headset H340 for Internet Calls and Music - Black
Price: $20.12
50 used & new from $16.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor audio quality, July 24, 2013
I got this to use in recording audio for computer training videos. It came highly recommended, but I found it to be noisy with poor response. It made my voice sound like I had a cold. I switched to a different microphone and got much better results. Unfortunately the box was thrown out, so I won't be returning this item. Otherwise, I'd send it back.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2014 6:59 PM PDT

On Stage MY250 Shure Type Microphone Clip
On Stage MY250 Shure Type Microphone Clip
Price: $4.44
17 used & new from $4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock-Solid, July 24, 2013
I'm using this clip with a Shure SM58 microphone mounted on an On Stage MSA9505 telescoping mini-boom. The mic fits well and I have no trouble removing it or repositioning it. With Amazon's Add-On program and Prime shipping, the price is so low it caused me to question the quality of the product. But with Amazon's easy return policy, I figured it was worth a try, and I was right. I won't be returning this!

On Stage MSA9505 Posi-Lok Telescoping Mini-Boom
On Stage MSA9505 Posi-Lok Telescoping Mini-Boom
Price: $18.95
8 used & new from $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in all respects!, July 24, 2013
I'm using this boom with an On Stage TM03 Table Microphone Clamp and a Shure SM58 microphone in an On Stage MY250 Mic Clamp. I have found it to be easy to adjust and rock solid. Based on my experience with other On Stage products, this is typical. These products are less expensive than most, but are well designed and well made. And no, I have absolutely no connection to On Stage. I just happen to have had excellent results with every On Stage product I've used.

BTW, I use this boom to record audio for computer training videos. I was concerned about noise transfer from my movements of the mouse and keyboard through the boom. So I mounted the clamp on an adjacent table to provide a little isolation. It makes a big difference and the boom is solid enough to hold my heavy SM58 steady at full extension.

Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter with Flexible Gooseneck and Metal Stabilizing Arm
Price: $10.99
9 used & new from $9.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good filter, bad clamp, July 24, 2013
From an audio perspective, this filter works well. My tests show it definitely makes a difference. My only complaint is in the clamping mechanism. I'm using this with an On Stage MSA9505 Mini-Boom. The clamp simply will not grip the boom tight enough to stay put. So it needs constant adjustment. It's frustrating when it slips in the middle of a recording and bangs into the mic.

The biggest problem with the clamp is the hard plastic material that screws down onto the boom or stand. It's grooved to accommodate a cylindrical shaft - that's good. But it is so hard and smooth it creates very little friction on a smooth shaft and allows the filter to slide. I tried inserting a sheet of rubber from a bicycle tire inner tube between the clamp and the shaft, and this helped some. But to get it to stay in place, I ultimately had to make my own clamp. I'll be looking at other manufacturers for my next pop filter.

Belkin F8Z492ttP Bluetooth Music Receiver
Belkin F8Z492ttP Bluetooth Music Receiver
4 used & new from $39.95

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT Wireless!, September 14, 2012
I purchased this product, thinking I could use it with headphones, essentially turning them into wireless headphones. I was wrong! Even though this product is advertised as "wireless" and it is shown with only an audio cable plugged into it, it requires constant connection to an AC outlet. Great for a remote set of speakers in your home or office. Not so great for headphones. To be fair, the description did not say it was battery-powered and it does say it includes an AC adapter. So I should not have been so quick to believe the "wireless" part.

Now having voiced my complaint about the AC adapter, I must say the quality of this little receiver is great! AC adapter not withstanding, I've decided to keep it and use it to reposition some speakers for better sound.

Case Logic PLS-13 Neoprene 13.3-Inch Neoprene Laptop Sleeve (Black)
Case Logic PLS-13 Neoprene 13.3-Inch Neoprene Laptop Sleeve (Black)
Offered by BedBathEtc
Price: $11.00
77 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for MacBook Pro 13, September 1, 2011
This case is exactly what I wanted to protect my MacBook Pro 13 when I put it in a larger briefcase. It holds the MacBook Pro perfectly and the side pocket easily holds my Magic Mouse, Backup Drive, Power Adapter, and a USB Flashdrive. The padding is thicker than I expected and makes me feel comfortable using this case without another container (briefcase, backpack, etc.) I'm very satisfied.

Be sure to check out my photo showing exactly how this all fits together!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kingston ValueRam 4GB PC3-10600 CL9 204-Pin SODIMM Notebook Memory KVR1333D3S9/4G
Offered by Dataram
Price: $20.00
15 used & new from $16.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and performance, August 10, 2011
I purchased two of these to replace the RAM in my new MacBook Pro. I wanted 8GB of Ram, but did not want to pay Apple $400 for it. So I got this Kingston RAM from Amazon and installed it in about one minute - super easy!

If you are running memory intensive applications on your MacBook Pro on anything less than 8GB of RAM, you will likely see a great boost in performance and responsiveness by increasing your total memory. I am running Parallels with Windows 7 and some huge apps including Visual Studio and Mathematica as a VM alongside Mac OSX. With 8GB of RAM these apps run seamlessly and I can switch between a Mac app and a Windows app without any delay. Well worth the money!

Linksys/Cisco AE1000 300Mbps 802.11n Dual-Band Wireless LAN USB 2.0 Adapter w/Extension Cable (Black)(Refurbished)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great - use as bkup to cell phone, July 23, 2011
I purchased this device from Amazon as a backup for my Internet connection to my desktop PC. I use it to connect to my Android cell phone, which acts as a wireless access point.) I could have connected using a USB tether, but that's messy and doesn't let me walk away from my desk with my phone in my pocket.)

One of the key features that made me choose this device over others, was the included USB extension and stand. I did not want to plug this into the back of my PC where the signal would be blocked by the PC, my desk, etc. Being able to position the antenna for the best results was an important feature. The cable is about 1m long and easy to position. I ended up running it behind a dry-erase board on my wall behind my desk and sitting the antenna on top of the board. Having it high and away from the furniture and various power supplies around my computer provides a clean place for it to transmit and receive.

I first tried installing the device without the Cisco software, as I prefer not to add any more bloat to my PC than necessary. But Windows 7 did not find a driver for it. So I installed the Cisco app and it installed without any problems. It immediately found both my wireless routers and my Android. I was able to connect to each device without any problems. (The routers are Cisco WRT610N and the Android is a Nexus S.) I checked Task Manager to see if Cisco left any processes running after configuration and I could find none. Once installed, it seems to work using the standard Windows wireless support. And subsequent configuration can be done in the usual way using Windows functions.

I did some basic speed and duration tests and found it to be consistent and steady. It is not dropping the connection at all as some previous reviewers have mentioned. In short, it just works. Highly recommended.

Cisco-Linksys AE1000 High-Performance Wireless-N Adapter
Cisco-Linksys AE1000 High-Performance Wireless-N Adapter
Offered by THEGINKAMOS
Price: $134.99
25 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for backup connection to Android, July 23, 2011
I purchased a refurbished version of this device from Amazon as a backup for my Internet connection to my desktop PC. I use it to connect to my Android cell phone, which acts as a wireless access point.) I could have connected using a USB tether, but that's messy and doesn't let me walk away from my desk with my phone in my pocket.)

Page: 1 | 2