Profile for R. Thomas > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Thomas RSS Feed (Gilberts, IL)

Epson Perfection V600 Color Photo, Image, Film, Negative & Document Scanner
Epson Perfection V600 Color Photo, Image, Film, Negative & Document Scanner
Price: $202.50
83 used & new from $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Generations of Memories, May 26, 2014
I bought this as part of a project to scan and catalogue over 4500 photos and slides left to my father after my grandparents passed away. Overall this scanner and its software made it possible to preserve these memories at a higher quality and at 1/8th the cost of comparable professional services. If you have a large number of photos or slides to scan the software can (90% of the time) recognize multiple photos in a single pass and automatically crop and separate each one. It also worked wonders on restoring colors and minimizing scratches in the faded or worse for wear photos which in some cases dated back to the 1910's. I didn't sit and time the scans, but I would estimate that a full platter of color photos would take about 60-90 seconds to scan, crop, and auto correct when hooked to a newer MacBook Pro. I haven't used the scanner much since the project concluded, but it was used for several hours per night nearly every evening for two months without any significant negative issues. I would recommend this scanner as a great value for the money for anyone looking to archive old photos.

Rigid Open Faced Black 2 Card Holder - Sold Individually
Rigid Open Faced Black 2 Card Holder - Sold Individually
Offered by TradeExpress
Price: $3.24
2 used & new from $3.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I need., May 26, 2014
I've been using this product for about 5 months now and I love it. I have both a corporate ID which I have to display horizontally 95% of the time and an offsite ID that I have to display vertically about 5% of the time. This holder allows me to switch from vertical to horizontal in seconds when paired with the Ultimate Breakaway Lanyard also sold on Amazon. The ID's remain secure despite being bounced around for 8-12 hours a day, but are also fairly easy to remove when needed. I've never managed to go more than three months without breaking any of my previous ID holders, so coming up on the 5 month mark I am completely sold on its durability as well.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun hat, not for the large of skull, March 1, 2013
The hat is as described and of the appropriate quality for the price although I don't think I would wear this outside of a party or in this case for the day around the office after losing a bet. Just beware that if you have a large head like I do, the fit will be tight even after loosening the Velcro in the back.

Jawbone BIG JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Graphite Hex - Retail Packaging
Jawbone BIG JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Graphite Hex - Retail Packaging
Offered by TopDeals14
Price: $222.22
54 used & new from $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound!, May 28, 2012
I've been using the Big Jambox for the last week. So far it's been great in every environment I've tried. The sound is powerful enough to overcome machinery in the warehouse at work and the clarity is outstanding when I take it into my office. Pairing it to my two phones was a breeze, the speakerphone works perfectly, and I've heard no complaints from callers at the other end. I used it last night on my patio for a BBQ and everyone at my house kept picking it up and commenting on how cool it was and how they couldn't believe how much sound came out of a little box. The battery life has been great, I haven't actually tried to use it until the battery died, but I've run it for 8+ hours in the office without the battery dropping to less than half full. The only complaint I have is that the carry case is both $50 and on back-order (the box it comes in is reusable and well designed, so I'm using that for now). I'm no audiophile, so I'm not going to try and compare it to the Bose or Logitech competition in any way other than that I can't hear a significant difference between them and the Jambox's epic battery life and speakerphone ability was the clincher for me.

Glass Magic Performance Booster, 16-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 8)
Glass Magic Performance Booster, 16-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my sanity, December 18, 2011
***(12/18/2011) I've been buying this from my local grocery, note the 1-star reviews for possible issues with what Amazon has been shipping recently****

Shortly after moving to Omaha I purchased a new dishwasher and after a week my dishes started coming out with a white grit on them. I tried every setting on the new dishwasher trying to fix the problem, then I tried buying a few different types of dishwashing detergent to no avail. I was ready to call up Home Depot and tell them to take their dishwasher back.

I didn't know anything about the government mandate to remove phosphate from dishwashing detergent and it hadn't dawned on me that the last of my old jumbo pack of dishwashing tablets had run out at about the same time I purchased the new dishwasher. After discovering the root cause was the lack of phosphate coupled with Omaha's incredibly hard water, I Google'd phosphate and dishes and came across this product which is basically 25% phosphate.

Long story short, with 1/4 cup of this in every load even the cheapest dishwashing detergent gets my glasses and dishware crystal clear every time. I just wish that the dishwashing detergent manufacturers would have printed in big letters, "If our product suddenly seems to suck for no reason, add Glass Magic" on their packaging when this government mandate came through.

Wilson Cast Away Volleyball
Wilson Cast Away Volleyball
Price: $14.19
14 used & new from $12.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Completes The Office, October 26, 2011
This review is from: Wilson Cast Away Volleyball (Toy)
Wilson has been the hit of our front counter since he arrived. I love that they still stock these after so many years.