Profile for Martin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Martin RSS Feed (Tulsa, OK USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Goldfinger [HD]
Goldfinger [HD]
DVD
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Flight Bond, May 25, 2014
I personally think this is one of the best Bond films. It is a bit dated in special effects and such, but it is great fun to watch. My favorite line is:

Bond: "Do you expect me to talk?"
Goldfinger: "No Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

This is also the film that introduces the Aston-Martin DB5. The coolest spy car ever.

Conspiracy [HD]
Conspiracy [HD]
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly scary, May 25, 2014
One of the best / worst films ever made on the Nazis. Not a shot fired, no war scenes but extremely scary because of the coolness in which this group of Nazi leaders discuss and agree on how to handle the "Jewish problem". Hydrich (Branagh) makes it clear that the issue is already decided. I could go on, but it is worth watching to see how low humans can actually sink in their regard for their fellow human. Even if it is dressed up in luxurious surroundings.

Only one real dissenter, but he was put down when, after telling the group Hitler had personally assured him the Jews would not be killed, was told that Hitler would of course, deny this fact and would continue to deny it while making sure others carried out his true plan.

The film was taken from a stenographer's record of the meeting found in 1948. Typical German / Nazi efficiency. A stenographic record made of a meeting that "didn't happen", "no one attended", from a "record that didn't exist" and in a home that wasn't confiscated from its Jewish owner (It was "donated").

This is a must see film for anyone who has an interest in history, World War II, group thinking, and many other aspects of the dark side of the human condition.

Evil can seem amazingly normal.

10 pcs Energizer Lithium CR123A 3V Photo Lithium Batteries
10 pcs Energizer Lithium CR123A 3V Photo Lithium Batteries
Offered by BatteryBox
Price: $17.89
17 used & new from $12.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed for VueZone cameras, May 5, 2014
These are required for VueZone cameras. They have a reasonable useful life. However, I found they are severely affected by cold weather. I know that technically you aren't supposed to put the cameras outside, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. I have used cheaper batteries, but they just don't have much life at all and are almost as expensive as these. If you need them, the Energizer batteries are what you should order. (By the way, these are also known as size "B" batteries.)

Suave Professionals, Men, Shampoo, Daily Clean, Ocean Charge, 12.6 Ounces (Pack of 6)
Price: $15.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Remember, this is just shampoo, May 5, 2014
I like this shampoo, but I ordered it and didn't realize it was not the 2 in1 I had been using. Order conditioner if you need it.

Brainerd 135880 Beverly Single Switch/Decorator Wall Plate / Switch Plate / Cover
Price: $9.52
2 used & new from $5.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we needed, May 5, 2014
In rehabbing our bathrooms, we decided on this style of face plate. Picked up a number of others at local name brand store. However, anything that wasn't a single switch or basic electrical plug plate wasn't available. Needed this one and got it quickly. Sturdy and easy to install. Well made.

Door Stops Bright Chrome Door Bumper Floor/wall Mount 1 1/2in.Dia
Door Stops Bright Chrome Door Bumper Floor/wall Mount 1 1/2in.Dia
Offered by Renovator's Supply
Price: $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Made, May 5, 2014
Not a lot one can say about a door stop. However this is well made, looks good (fits with our room's décor perfectly), and was easy to install.

Phillips Work Light & Security 500 Halogen 120 volts bulb
Phillips Work Light & Security 500 Halogen 120 volts bulb

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, March 21, 2014
Fit my work light and is providing the light I need. Both worked, but the package had been opened and taped back. Not sure what that was about, but no big deal.

Kohler K-37057-CP Alteo Towel Ring, Polished Chrome
Kohler K-37057-CP Alteo Towel Ring, Polished Chrome
Offered by Buildcom
Price: $15.72
8 used & new from $15.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 21, 2014
Very easy to install and it looks great in our remodeled bathrooms. Includes a template which is helpful and two different dry wall mounts in case you need them .Matches the other Alteo fixtures we have. One note, I thought I could reverse the hanger to have it point the other way in some locations (we ordered and installed 6). Unfortunately, the hanger part can be detached, but not turned around to allow it to point the opposite direction. Not a big problem, but one I wasn't aware of.

NuTone Model 605RP Heater/Fan 70 CFM 4.0 Sones, Exhaust Fan with 1300 Watt Heater, White Grille
Price: $105.62
8 used & new from $89.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a champ., March 21, 2014
The electricians installed it, but I suspect someone with some decent electrical knowledge could do it on their own. It makes the expected noise, but that's not an issue with us. It delivers good heating, even if it isn't top of the line. For the price it is a very good value.

Kohler K-37051-CP Alteo 24" Towel Bar, Polished Chrome
Kohler K-37051-CP Alteo 24" Towel Bar, Polished Chrome
Offered by Showerdoordirect
Price: $22.20
10 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, March 21, 2014
Using the template included, it is easy to level and drill the holes for mounting. Screws and two different dry wall mounts are included in case you don't have a stud to screw into. It looks really great and matches the other Alteo fixtures we have installed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4