Profile for D. Lowin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Lowin "Music Fan" RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Skagen Watches, Men's Titanium 233XLTTM Grey Mesh Titanium Watch
Skagen Watches, Men's Titanium 233XLTTM Grey Mesh Titanium Watch

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this watch!!!, June 26, 2006
I bought this watch because I liked the mesh band, the thin face, and the overall sleek look. When I got it, I was very happy at first, but after wearing it around for about 2 weeks, the face cracked. I called Skagen's customer service, and they told me that this was a common problem with this watch, and that if I sent it in, they would replce it with a stronger crystal, for free. (Of course I had to pay shipping and handling both ways, which came to about $20 total). So I sent it in and got it back good as new about a month later, which was fine. But then 10 days later, it cracked again!!! I assure you that I wasn't wearing the watch while playing sports or doing anything that would cause it to crack. I looked at my watch, went into Banana Republic to buy a shirt and then looked again and it was cracked. Stay away from this watch.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2013 2:01 AM PDT

Sony MDR-E829V Fontopia Earbuds with In-line Volume Control (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Lots Deals 4 U
Price: $69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Kind Buds, June 1, 2006
I had a pair of these that I used with my Ipod. They sounded great, and the volume control was clutch because I hated having to take my Ipod out of my pocket to change the volume. When I lost them, I tried out other buds that had volume control, including a pair of Sennheisers and Maxells. The Sennheisers had inferior sound, didn't stay in my ears very well, and the cord was just too long and got tangled up in everything. The maxells were the in-ear kind. Most reviews I've read claim that the in-ear headphones provide superior sound quality and also are noise cancelling. Personally I found the sound quality inferior to these Sonys and also, I found the whole "in the ear canal " thing very comfortable. Maybe I wasn't doing it right.

So I went back and got another pair of these Sonys and I love them. They stay in my ears perfectly. The volume control is in the perfect place. They sound even better than I remembered, and the thick rubber coating around the wires provides extra protection (and prevents the cords from getting too tangled). And the price can't be beat. Highly recommended!