Profile for rainy day jayne > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

rainy day jayne RSS Feed (MI USA)

Fox Run Brands Table Sweeper, Crumber
Fox Run Brands Table Sweeper, Crumber
Price: $2.99
4 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great little device, August 29, 2014
My mom loves this. She's had one that she kept for years and recently she had me order a whole bunch so that she could give them out to her friends. I kept one for myself and although I don't use it on a table cloth, it is still great for sweeping placemats and counter tops. It is small enough that it can be kept in a drawer or on a shelf.

Luxmo Universal Micro USB Car Charger with Polybag Packaging - Non - Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by KIddo Kommands china shipper
Price: $3.31
27 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars get something else, August 29, 2014
Have had it over a year. It seemed to work fine for awhile, but now the charge indicator on my phone shows that it is barely being charged. I've jiggled it around and even tried it on my husband's phone, but no difference. It's like it's dying a slow death. Better to spend more and get something of reputable quality.

Jackery® Giant+ Premium Portable Charger Aluminum 12000mAh Power Pack and External Battery Bank with Dual USB Port for Apple iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Nexus, LG, HTC (Orange)
Offered by Jackery Inc
Price: $69.95
3 used & new from $34.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, August 29, 2014
Right off the bat I was surprised at the heavy good quality feel of it. Used a wall adapter the first time and it charged very quickly. It sat for a month and got the chance to use it just a few days ago when our power was knocked out for 36 hrs. Didn't plug anything heavy duty into it, but used it to charge our cell phones, which was wonderful. A very nice thing to have in situation when you can't afford not to have your phone. Would also be great for camping. Discovered also that it has a built in flashlight, something I hadn't realized until our power was out. Now I just have to remember every few months to top up the charge.

Ambient Weather WS-04 Wireless Thermometer with Indoor and Outdoor Temperature
Ambient Weather WS-04 Wireless Thermometer with Indoor and Outdoor Temperature

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, January 12, 2014
So far so good. We watched it with fascination as the arctic polar vortex came upon us and the digits started dropping every few minutes. It agrees with the other thermometer inside the house so it seems to be accurate. The numbers are nice and large and can be seen from a distance. Haven't had it long enough to see if it lasts, but so far we are happy with it. It was super easy to set up. It comes with instructions, but you really don't need them.

Rosie the Rivetor Tin Sign , 13x16
Rosie the Rivetor Tin Sign , 13x16
Offered by NessKo Imports
Price: $9.30
15 used & new from $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic sign with great message for all generations, January 12, 2014
It was exactly as described. I didn't give it 5 stars because the print was a little grainy upon close inspection, which is not something you notice from a distance when hanging on the wall. It is very thin tin and could get damaged easily, but mine arrived in perfect condition surrounded in bubble wrap. I bought it for a relative who is an inspiration and every time I saw this sign it reminded me of her.

Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse
Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse
Offered by LLYtech
Price: $23.11
67 used & new from $10.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Hurt my finger - sent it back, April 25, 2013
I wanted a mouse that I didn't have to click so much. I have mild carpal tunnel, but the worse problem for me is what I call 'mouse finger'. Inflamed painful finger tip from clicking on a mouse 40 - 50 hrs per week. Thought this one might work since the clicking is done with the thumb, but having to control the ball with my finger felt like it was doing even greater damage. I could barely stand a few minutes of it before I put it back in the box. I don't know why it is so hard to find a mouse these days that have soft quiet clicking mechanisms. Everything I try has a hard vibrating click. Beware of ordering from Amazon if you're not sure you're going to like it. This is the first time I've sent something back and my refund was not the price I paid for the mouse. They subtracted almost $10 in shipping costs from my refund. Better to go to a brick & mortar store where you can return things for a full refund.

Air Wick 78046 Scented Oil Warmer Unit (Case of 6)
Air Wick 78046 Scented Oil Warmer Unit (Case of 6)
Offered by Special Supply
Price: $9.96
26 used & new from $4.78

1.0 out of 5 stars damages hardwood floors, April 28, 2012
I bought the double unit and started using this product at Christmas with the pine scent. However, even on the absolute lowest setting the scent is still very strong and it seems to burn off very quickly. Only a week later both sides were almost half gone. I used the unit since then with a couple different scents, but this last time, much to my horror I realized that one of the sides had leaked and destroyed the finish on my hardwood floor! The oily product has stained a big spot on the floor directly beneath and has caused the varnish to lift and bubble. I have tossed the entire unit along with the refills into the garbage. I will not buy this type of product again.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2014 6:54 PM PST

simplehuman 30 litre round step can - plastic lid | brushed
simplehuman 30 litre round step can - plastic lid | brushed

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth it, February 21, 2012
Never thought I'd say a trash can transformed my life, but this one has ... at least in the kitchen. This is a wonderful well-thought out design that really works. I used to have a terrible white plastic trash can that the bags constantly slipped down and the white plastic absorbed stains and odor. I finally splurged and bought this Simple Human can and boy, am I happy. This can is tall which makes it really easy to scrape off plates into it and it is deep so you can really pack stuff into it. It has a separate ring that snaps down around the top of the bag to keep it in place. Don't cheap out and buy an off-brand bag. Buy the proper G bags for this and you won't be disappointed. I used to have to use a new bag every day with my old can. This bag can be filled for days and the seal on the lid is good enough that so far we have not experienced any odor problems (depending on what you put in of course). What I'm saying is that I used to go through 3-4 bags with my old trash can for every 1 that I use now. Also, this can is really easy to keep clean. No odd nooks and crannies where stuff can get caught. A simple wipe with a rag keeps it looking new. I don't know how the price on Amazon is so high though. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond for a regular price of $39.99, plus I had a coupon for an additional 20% off. Don't pay the $54.95 they're advertising it for on Amazon (Feb 2012).

T-fal A91082 Specialty Nonstick Jumbo Cooker with Glass Lid, 5-Quart, Black
T-fal A91082 Specialty Nonstick Jumbo Cooker with Glass Lid, 5-Quart, Black
Price: $19.99
36 used & new from $17.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 30, 2011
This is a great pan for those of us who are not cookware snobs. If you go in with high expectations you might be disappointed; this is not a $100 pan and it shouldn't be compared to one. Yes, it is a little thinner and lighter than a top-of-the line cookware product, but so what. It works great and is perfect for everyday use. It is very versatile from frying eggs to cooking several pieces of chicken at the same time. It is very roomy in diameter and depth. The lighter weight of the pan makes it not too heavy to lift when food is in it. The lid is a great addition to keep things warm and having two handles makes lifting very easy. There have been absolutely no problems with this - nothing broken, nothing coming loose. The handles are riveted so there is nothing to come unscrewed. My only recommendation is to follow the instructions that come with it. Don't use metal or hard plastic utensils that will scratch, don't use scouring pads, and don't soak it with dishwasher detergent, which eats at the coating. I ordered this off Amazon because I had a gift card and got free shipping, but this pan is available in stores too. If you live in the Midwest, Meijer sells it for $25 and a couple weeks ago I noticed it on sale for $20. 4/30/2011