Profile for Mallory L > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mallory L RSS Feed

Minnetonka  Women's El Paso II Moccasin
Minnetonka Women's El Paso II Moccasin
Price: $42.95 - $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, August 8, 2012
I knew I wanted a pair of Minnetonkas - their reputation is undeniable. I didn't realize how great they would be!

This is what I can tell you:

First, after reading some other reviews, I noticed size was an issue and some people commented that you should order down a half size. The Minnetonka website says that the moccasins should "fit like a glove" because of the soft leather used, they conform to your feet. I wear an 8.5 or 9; more often going for the 9 in most shoes. I ordered the 8.5 and they fit, but are a little close. If I was intending on wearing thin socks with these I would still be fine, but thick socks would probably not be an option - at least not until I wear them a little more.

Second, the rubber sole on these is amazing! You will have confident steps as they really grip and are the most substantial rubber sole I've seen on a moccasin shoe.

Third, they are constructed very well. The top sewn part is delicate, but as far as I'm concerned, that's not really an issue - I don't have problems with scuffing that part of any of my shoes. It is overall sewn together nicely and clearly reinforced to last while still looking feminine.

Fourth, the picture doesn't do them justice! They are even prettier and cuter in person. These are all around great shoes for outfits - the style could give any outfit some interest and pizazz. These look awesome with jeans or even cute with shorts! Very versatile.

Fifth, and this is a small thing, but I thought I'd throw it out there: the toe is slightly more "pointy" than rounded at the end. I like shoes to look more rounded at the toe, but it doesn't affect my love for these shoes.

Sixth, these shoes are slightly slender. I have average width feet, and these shoes seem very forgiving because of the soft leather, but if I had very wide feet I'm not sure I would like them. If you have long feet, however, these are the kind of shoes that give the illusion that your feet are smaller.

Seventh, they are super comfortable! You will have zero "break in" time with these mocs. Supremely cozy shoes.

I hope this helps you decide! You can't go wrong with these overall. :)