Profile for J. Bandy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Bandy "oldsawdustmaker" RSS Feed (southwest US)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
PREMIUM Solid Cordz 1 Foot Extension Cable - wire, black (Pack of 5)
PREMIUM Solid Cordz 1 Foot Extension Cable - wire, black (Pack of 5)
Offered by vipvip
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi quality--good performance, May 15, 2014
These cables are good quality and well made. They should last a long time and they certainly help in saving space on a power strip. I can certainly recommend these cables.

Edifier USA M1250 2.0 USB Multimedia Speakers
Edifier USA M1250 2.0 USB Multimedia Speakers
Price: $14.74
4 used & new from $14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, May 2, 2014
Just got these speakers today, so can’t comment on their long-term reliability. But, I have given them a fairly good test with some Benny Goodman, Rubinstein/Rachmaninov, boogie-woogie piano, etc. I don’t know whether it’s just that these are better than my old speakers that recently went to the recycle bin, but I am fairly impressed with the quality of sound, balance and construction of these speakers. For the money (they’re obviously not state-of-the-art Bose), but so far I can recommend these as certainly being worth the money–and then some.

Black & Decker SF-080 Auto Feed Spool Single Line Trimmer
Black & Decker SF-080 Auto Feed Spool Single Line Trimmer
Price: $9.49
7 used & new from $9.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect Description!, July 12, 2013
While the description states this is a 30 foot spool, in reality it's only a 20 foot spool. I had checked the local big box store and they only carried a B & D SF 080 spool with a 20 foot line. Although their price well below the price here on Amazon, because of the description as being a 30 foot spool, I opted to pay a bit more to get a longer line. Unfortunately, when my spool arrived, it was the same 20 foot spool I could have bought locally for less money. It's being returned because of the misrepresentation! Buyers should beware and the description should be changed IMMEDIATELY!!!

I must add in regard to Amazon that despite the disappointment with the erroneous description on this item, Amazon customer service, as usual, has been super. They seem to have thought of every convenience for the customer in resolving a problem. I've had few problems with Amazon purchases over the years, but when I have, Amazon has always acted responsibly, promptly and with NO hassle!!!

Quality Importers Analog Hygrometer, 1-3/4-Inch Round Glass Analog Hygrometer for Humidors
Price: $9.21
6 used & new from $3.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work well, March 8, 2013
The price is right and so far it seems to work well and looks nice--so I guess it deserves 5 starts. At least it seems to do what it says it will do, and these days that's worth something. I did have to calibrate it slightly, but that was no problem nor unusual for a hygrometer. It comes with a sticky pad and magnet so it attaches easily to the lid of my humidor and is easy enough to read. All in all it's a nice little item which does the job it says it will do and for a reasonable price.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2013 3:42 PM PDT

Revlon Nail Clip
Revlon Nail Clip
Offered by SUPPLIESPLUS
Price: $5.25
17 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, March 8, 2013
This review is from: Revlon Nail Clip (Misc.)
I don't know how Revlon could possibly put their name on such a piece of junk. It absolutely would not cut a finger nail!!! I ended up buying one for 75 cents at the liquor store which worked perfectly. Don't waste your money on this one!!!!

Toro 51490 Corded 22-Inch Hedge Trimmer
Toro 51490 Corded 22-Inch Hedge Trimmer
Price: $49.99
9 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine trimmer, March 8, 2013
After looking around for a suitable hedge trimmer after my old one died, I found that most of them in the price range I was looking at were all of the same basic design and all seem to be manufactured in China--at least in part. However, I've always trusted Toro products since my days in working on a golf course many years ago where Toro equipment was always reliable and of solid quality. So, I went with this Toro trimmer and have not been disappointed. So far, it has worked well and is nicely balanced and easy to use. I'd also like to mention that although a small thing, yet it struck me that although several of the other trimmers I looked at closely which were of the same size and power class as this Toro, their cutting capacity claims seemed to be slightly exaggerated. When I looked closely at this Toro, their claim of the cutting capacity was slightly less than the others, and I felt was more honest!! A small, but significant factor in my decision to stick with Toro.

Amazon Gift Card - Print - Just Because
Amazon Gift Card - Print - Just Because
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a welcome gift, March 8, 2013
An Amazon Gift Card seems to always be a welcome gift for about any occasion. They're convenient to order and can be delivered in just about any form or format. For me, always a good (and easy) choice!

Rayovac-Volt Heavy Duty Lantern Battery, 6V-HD 6
Rayovac-Volt Heavy Duty Lantern Battery, 6V-HD 6
Price: $7.24
11 used & new from $2.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Bargain, January 21, 2013
This is the second one of these Rayovac 6V batteries I've purchased through Amazon and have not been disappointed. We don't give them heavy use, but they seem to last as long as any others we've tried.

DURACELL C12 PROCELL Professional Alkaline Battery
DURACELL C12 PROCELL Professional Alkaline Battery
Offered by BatteryBox
Price: $13.26
48 used & new from $6.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Bargain, January 21, 2013
This is the second box of these Procell batteries I've purchased through Amazon and have not been disappointed. In fact, they are the same as the Duracell retail brand and last just as long and have exactly the same "power". In my experience, you can't go wrong with these.

Duracell Procell 9 Volt Batteries, Pack of 12