Profile for Sheryl Westleigh > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sheryl Westleigh "Bringing cephalopods to the world." RSS Feed (Maine)

Page: 1 | 2
Tentacle Death Trip
Tentacle Death Trip

5.0 out of 5 stars Cars, tentacles, mayhem, May 17, 2014
Death Race meets Cthulhu in all the best possible ways. Tentacle Death Trip is sick and twisted fun. Read it start to finish in one night, wasn't like I was going to sleep anyway.

Mighty Snorter: Volume 2
Mighty Snorter: Volume 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Sequel, March 18, 2014
Mighty Snorter is back with it's unusual sense of humor. Again the art is created with passion if not a huge level of skill but has improved.

Mighty Snorter Volume 1
Mighty Snorter Volume 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, March 18, 2014
Great book with an interesting sense of humor. The artwork isn't super polished but is clearly created with passion for the project.

Time Pimp
Time Pimp
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like Douglas Adams meets 70s Exploitation Films, February 13, 2014
This review is from: Time Pimp (Kindle Edition)
Time Pimp travels the universe and time in a big purple Cadillac hooking up people throughout history with the finest hos. Everyone from Dante and Sylvia Plath to Caligula and Freud. Even Sherlock Holmes makes an appearance. He battles his brother and hater Death Pimp the leader of the Morality Front which is as much as misnomer as you can imagine. Under all the pimpin', pandas, and leather nuns, is a fascinating hero's journey story. It's bizarre and filthy and deviant and wonderful.

Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter
Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter
by James Gurney
Price: $14.12
78 used & new from $10.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing amount of information, July 4, 2012
I'm primarily a sculptor but I've always enjoyed painting. I bought Color and Light because both are areas of painting I've had a lot of trouble with, especially since I have no formal art education beyond a couple highschool classes. I've never been quite able to grasp color theory and paint mixing in a way that I was able to apply to my work until I picked up this book. The amount of information packed into Color and Light is amazing, I'm still trying to absorb all of it.

The book is written primarily for oil painters, though Gurney also touches on watercolor, however if you work on other color mediums don't think that this book won't help you. The paint mixing information can quite easily be translated to acrylics, and the information on color theory and light is universal so it doesn't matter if you work in digital, color pencil, or pastels.

McGee & Stuckey's Bountiful Container: Create Container Gardens of Vegetables, Herbs, Fruits, and Edible Flowers
by Maggie Stuckey
Price: $13.68
138 used & new from $1.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful book, May 22, 2011
I live in an apartment building with veyr little outside space, I have to share a porch and small yard with other tenants. I grew up in a family where we always had a big vegetable garden and I wanted to have the closest approximation I could with my space. This book has been a great help with choosing the right plants and containers. I have thriving herbs, lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries, snap peas, nasturtiums, and even a small blueberry bush all in containers and I can't wait until I can eat my first harvest this summer.

Brother HL-2270DW Compact Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex
Brother HL-2270DW Compact Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex
Price: $79.99
233 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Printer, January 13, 2011
I just received and set up my Brother HL2270DW and I already love it. All the instructions for setting it up were quite clear and easy to follow, even setting it up to print wirelessly was much easier than I expected. I printed out a number of brochures that I include with my jewelry orders on care and cleaning and the quality is fantastic.

This printer was an upgrade from an HP Deskjet that has given me nothing but headaches since the day I bought it. It's a wonderful relief to have a printer that works so effortlessly. Only minor complaint I have is that it is a bit noisy but not terribly so.

Roku SD Player
Roku SD Player
2 used & new from $89.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper Than Cable, August 29, 2010
This review is from: Roku SD Player (Electronics)
I'm on a tight budget and so when I moved into my new apartment I opted not to have cable installed. Instead I went with Netflix and my DVD player. When I got tired of watching Netflix's on demand movies on my laptop I looked around for a good way to stream to my tv. Roku was the most affordable option and had good reviews so I decided to get it and I haven't regretted it at all. Along with Netflix it has a number of other free and paid channels including NASA TV which is fantastic for an astronomy geek like me. My one frustration with Roku is the lack of controls on the box itself or any power button on either the box or remote, to me that seems a major design flaw and enough of one to keep me from giving it 5 stars.

Polymer Clay Color Inspirations: Techniques and Jewelry Projects for Creating Successful Palettes
by Lindly Haunani
Price: $17.15
68 used & new from $6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Reccomend this Book Enough, March 3, 2010
I'm always wary buying polymer clay books, so many are just project books and while those can be fun I want help designing original creations. Polymer Clay Color Inspirations is exactly the kind of book I love, it goes in depth with the concepts and techniques it teaches with great exercises to show you how they work. The few projects included are all gorgeous with interesting techniques that can be adapted to other projects easily. If you need help choosing colors for your projects and get stumped trying to mix good colors with your clay this book is ideal. Rather than just lists of color "recipes" it teaches you how to create your own which is much more useful.

Craft Inc. Business Planner
Craft Inc. Business Planner
by Meg Mateo Ilasco
Edition: Diary
Price: $13.66
91 used & new from $0.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, January 28, 2010
I bought this business planner because I greatly enjoyed Meg Ilasco's Craft, Inc.: Turn Your Creative Hobby into a Business and you should really consider getting both because they really compliment each other well.

This planner is most useful for someone just starting their craft business it's still very helpful for more established businesses to help bring things into focus. I haven't finished all the sections yet (and a few like tradeshows aren't yet applicable to me) what I have filled out has helped me better organize my business. For someone who organization is difficult laying everything out in the planner is great motivation.

I do have to concede that the use of yellow text on white paper on the section table of contents is quite hard to read it doesn't greatly effect it's usefulness since none of the actual workbook pages have this color combination.

On recommendation for anyone getting this planner is to make sure you fill things out in pencil so you can later update it as things change.

Page: 1 | 2