Profile for Ankit > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ankit "reviewer" RSS Feed

Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Satisfaction
Lean Hospitals: Improving Quality, Patient Safety, and Employee Satisfaction
by Mark Graban
38 used & new from $29.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect place to start a lean journey, February 7, 2010
Mark Graban's book is truly a great place to start if you are new to lean or if you are a seasoned lead expert looking at how to apply lean to Hospitals. The book gives great ideas on where to start lean and how to start lean in a hospital but you still need lean experts to help implement and manage the day to day process.

I am a consultant and have used this book to to help apply lean to other similar places in healthcare like medical practices, dental offices, and veterinary clinics. This book is a must read if you are using lean in any healthcare aspect.

Ankit

The Paleo Diet: Lose Weight and Get Healthy by Eating the Food You Were Designed to Eat
by Loren Cordain
154 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book but only a starting point on Paleo, January 30, 2010
This book is fantastic. All the information and recipes are great but it is only a starting point when learning about the paleo style nutrition. There are lots of resources that are out there like [...] and [...] as well as Dr. Cordain's blog. I encourage you to keep doing some research after this book.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Lean: Lessons from the Road
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Lean: Lessons from the Road
by Jamie Flinchbaugh
Price: $26.86
55 used & new from $0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Lean Consultant and use this book to train my staff, November 4, 2009
When I came across this book I didn't know if it would be very different from other lean books on the market and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The book does a fantastic job to give you an intro into lean and focuses on lean as a cultural change and not a set of tools. From my own experience as the CEO of [...] I can tell you that if a company doesn't realize lean is a cultural change they will fail with their lean implantation.

Besides the content being great I also loved the analogies used to describe concepts and ideas. It really helps with learning the concepts if you are new and if you aren't (like myself) you can use the analogies to help others understand lean better.

I gave this book along with 5 other lean books to my sales staff to read and they said that this book was hands down the best one of the bunch.

I like the main message that lean is a journey and there's not just 1 way to get to your destination. If you are new to lean this is the book you should start reading. If you are in the midst of your lean journey this is an excellent supplemental source of information that may give you new perspective.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great improvment over the liquid form, November 15, 2007
I've used Rogaine for about 3 years now so I know the product works. I've been using the foam for about a month and as far as results go it's just as effective. I love the foam b/c it's a lot quicker to apply and it doesn't have as many side effects such as no flaking on the skin. I give it a 4 out of 5 because it's a lot more expensive than the liquid for essentially the same results but the application is much improved.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2011 8:34 AM PST