Profile for H. Zacamy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

H. Zacamy "silver screen godess" RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Damn You, Scarlett O'Hara: The Private Lives of Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier
by Darwin Porter
Price: $17.96
44 used & new from $7.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Damn,I bought this book!, February 12, 2011
I agree with the other reviewer,I wish I could have left no stars. I was so excited for this book to arrive since I pre ordered it in November but could not have been more disapointed. First off I'm sure not EVERYONE was bisexual in this book as it is implied. Some is based in fact but others are highly exaggerated. The author took some facts and ran away with his imagination.I did not realize until I recieved the book and looked at the advertisments in the back that this book was written by the same author of those trashy, gossipy books Hollywood Babylon It's back and Hollywood Babylon Strikes Again. These books were junk and I'm afraid this is too. Bottom line- It's entertaining but hardly fact.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2012 1:52 AM PST

Assassination of Marilyn Monroe
Assassination of Marilyn Monroe
by Donald H. Wolfe
60 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Justice For Marilyn!, April 5, 2009
I have read many biographys on Marilyn and this is hands down the best one ever written. Very well researched with plenty of facts to back up statements. Wolfe's writing will give you a very detailed description of what it was like to be there the morning of her death and of the investigation. Also a very good biography of her life. Not just another Marilyn Monroe biography. A definite must have for any Marilyn fan!

Madame du Barry: The Wages of Beauty
Madame du Barry: The Wages of Beauty
by Joan Haslip
Price: $16.65
57 used & new from $5.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Madame du Barry, August 14, 2006
I agree with the other reviewer. I am over half finished this book, and the author does not offer any translation for words written in French that would be usefull. She does refer to Madame du Barry in many different titles that are confusing in the begining, but as you read on they are less confusing. A hard book to get into but progresses quite well. A worthwhile read if you are genuinly interested in her life story.