Profile for Very Able > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Very Able RSS Feed (Colorado)

Archos 101 G9 8GB - Classic
Archos 101 G9 8GB - Classic
4 used & new from $57.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, January 19, 2012
First time: GPS didn't work. It would have difficulty getting a strong enough signal from the satellite, sometimes no signal at all (even in the same location). I returned it for a replacement.

Second time: The virtual back button got stuck. No matter what I tried to do, the tablet wanted to backup into the previous screen. This made the tablet unusable. I contacted Archos tech support via on-line chat. They recommended I update the firmware. The firmware update caused a complete reset of the tablet. Now when it powers up, it won't get past the first configuration screen because the back button is still stuck.

Third time: GPS didn't work and tablet had difficulty switching from landscape to portrait. The tablet also had problems determining which side was up. I would be on the tablet and all of a sudden the screen would be upside down.

I gave up after the third time. Got a refund.

Pitty. This tablet has more features than any other tab in its price range. It would be a really good deal if it worked properly.

Conclusion: Don't buy this tab. :-(
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2012 5:23 PM PST

Foundations of IT Service Management: The Unofficial ITIL v3 Foundations Course in a Book
by Brady Orand
23 used & new from $3.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful review book for ITIL Foundation exam., December 21, 2009
I used the book as one of my study guides for the ITIL Foundation exam. The book is an easy read, has hypothetical examples plus review questions at the end of each chapter. This was my primary guide, but I also used other materials I found on the internet. I woudn't recommend the book as the only source, but combining with other (free)materials is a good way to prepare for the exam. The book has it's own website with additional resources, use them.

BTW, I passed my exam :-)