Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for Evangeline > Reviews

Browse

Evangeline's Profile

Customer Reviews: 94

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Evangeline RSS Feed (IL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Last Star: The Final Book of The 5th Wave
The Last Star: The Final Book of The 5th Wave
by Rick Yancey
Price: $11.39
101 used & new from $7.37

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I NEVER read it, July 14, 2016
This post will contain some spoilers, reader beware!

I did not expect a happy ending for all characters, it just wouldn't be realistic, however, I did not expect the book to end like this! Holy cow what a disaster! The end of the book results in Evan walking off into the sunset with his rifle slung over his shoulder on his way to kill tens of thousands of people at the various military bases left in North & South America. Seriously, this is the final evolution of an amazing character? The girl he loved has sacrificed herself, and this is Evan, it would have been better if he had died in Cassie's electrocution setup. Perhaps the author feels he can do a spinoff, I don't know. They still live in a world of violence and danger, people still believe that there are "infected & Dorothy's." Now, not only do they have to deal with the usual gun-toting, trigger happy people out there, but now there are wild dogs, and coyotes, and zoo animals, oh, and by the way Sam wants to ride an elephant and tame a monkey and play with Legos and Lincoln logs? Are you kidding me, this from the kid who carried a gun, and killed and made bombs, and was ready and willing to jump into any and all battles.

It just seems like too many loose ends were left, there was no real conclusion, absolutely NO conclusion. So what, Cassie sacrifices herself to blow up the mother-ship to prevent it from dropping bombs on the cities around Earth...great. People still don't trust each other, people are still dying without medicine and antibiotics, and issues with food, but wait you have Ben and Sam carting home an artificial tree right after watching a guy blow his brains out...wow! Talk about uplifting! You still have the Silencers out there along with Evan who are supposedly on their way to kill the "innocent" people at the military bases...okay. We find out that the aliens are actually dead and technology is controlling the whole thing, how? We don't know...we know the Other's wanted to "save" the Earth from the disgusting humans, for what purpose? just to cleanse it and then move onto another planet? They are like the mother of all Dyson vacuums? And then, we are supposed to believe that Vosch fell in "love" with Ringer after he played his little mind games with her and tortured her, now he loves her? It was like a pathetic attempt at a "join me and together we can rule the galaxy and live happily ever after." This book was a joke, a book that ruined a great series, a huge big fat disappointment! I wish I never read it, but I kept hoping that something great would appear tat the end. I really loved the first 2 books, I was excited to see how the author would neatly wrap everything up, but that was so far from the case. There was no conclusion, just unanswered questions and the destruction of some really great characters.

Philosophy Help Me Retinol Night Treatment, 1.05 Ounce
Philosophy Help Me Retinol Night Treatment, 1.05 Ounce
Offered by Intelligent Beauty Supply
Price: $49.00
8 used & new from $43.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, July 12, 2016
I kind of regret purchasing this product, it was expensive for what it did and didn't do. Granted, I have only used it once, but I am not eager to use it again. I washed my face, applied my toner, than this product, and my moisturizer afterwards. After applying the Retinol, I waited a few minutes to give it time to absorb and then I applied my moisturizer. As I was applying my moisturizer I noticed the texture of my skin, and it just felt "wrong" it felt sticky and somewhat rough. I just chalked it up to, its a new product, your not used to it, so I left everything as it was and went to bed. When I woke up in the morning my skin felt a little softer than it had the prior night, but it felt very dry. Looking in the mirror, my skin just looked different, and not in a good way. It looked and felt very dry, and my usual skin color was a little off, I guess ashen would be the best word. My face also felt like it had a mild sunburn, so I rinsed off my face and applied a moisturizer. The burning sensation did ease afterwards, but did not disappear entirely. As the day progressed my face just became redder and redder, and my pores are now very enlarged. I did not go outside all day, so the redness was not the result of sun exposure. The changes in my skin can only be chalked up to this product, this was the only thing new that I added to my skin care regimen. Now I know your supposed to give things time to work, but if I need to keep working through what I did today, each time I use this product, no thank you!

Yoga Full Toe Socks (Full Black), 2 Pairs Value Pack Set, Full Toe Yoga Socks, Non Slip and All Grip Socks, Size M/L

5.0 out of 5 stars They do what they are supposed to, July 6, 2016
I use them for my Pilates Springboard class. They fit perfectly, and wash well. They do however seem to lose their little grey grippers, after the workout I always find a few of them scattered around the mat. However, there are still plenty of little grey grippers, so they still function well. My only complaint is that I wish they were a little longer, they settle around the bone on my ankle.

Install Bay Split Loom 1/4 Inch 100 Foot Coil - SLT14
Install Bay Split Loom 1/4 Inch 100 Foot Coil - SLT14
Offered by Audio Video & Lighting
Price: $5.98
88 used & new from $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Suicidal cat prevention, July 6, 2016
It helps prevent my cat from becoming suicidal. I had the unfortunate experience of having a cat chew on electrical cords, thus causing severe burns in and around her mouth. Fortunately she did not accidentally kill herself with this little experiment! Having to force feed a cat for a month while the burns healed was an unpleasant experience for both of us, plus I never did find which cords she decided to taste. So, I purchased this to prevent any future chewing. So far, they have worked wonderfully! I have had them on all of the cords in my house for a year, with no more electrocution attempts...hopefully we will never have to deal with cord chewing again!

Chewable Pencil Topper - Fun Sensory Motor Aid - Perfect For Autism or ADHD - 4 Pack
Offered by Synchros Industries
Price: $14.94
3 used & new from $12.86

1.0 out of 5 stars Yucky with possible choking hazard, July 6, 2016
Yucky! While the child did enjoy chewing on it, as was the purpose, I did get grossed out by the amount of saliva dripping down the topper and onto the pencil itself. Having to then touch the pencil to sharpen it later was disgusting. While it did prevent the child from becoming a beaver and chewing off their eraser, the metal casing, and into the pencil wood itself, the saliva aspect was a real turn off. In addition, the child did end up chewing into the horses neck, partially decapitating it...which made me really nervous that it would eventually turn into a choking hazard. I wound up purchasing the Chewy Stixx instead which was a whole lot less gross, as it has a little mini guard to prevent saliva from running down the handle.

CMC Golf Hibiscus Mini Daypack, Silver
CMC Golf Hibiscus Mini Daypack, Silver
Price: $21.25
2 used & new from $9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute style with lots of room!, July 6, 2016
I use this mini bag all of the time during the summer, and for those times I do not want to carry a large purse. I am able to adequately fit my wallet, cell phone, and keys in this bag. I was pleasantly surprised at being able to fit all of those things inside. I like that it is a crossbody bag, as it feels more secure and comfortable then over my shoulder.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Shadow Liner 617 Iced Mocha
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Shadow Liner 617 Iced Mocha
Offered by Shopping Days
Price: $6.25
19 used & new from $0.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice color, July 6, 2016
Great color, and blended well. I did not use a primer beforehand, and I should have as my eyelids became oily, and caused the liner to clump. I plan on using a liner next time, and expect the color to last longer.

Maybelline New York The Falsies Volum' Express Washable Mascara, Blackest Black, 0.25 Fluid Ounce
Price: $5.69
12 used & new from $5.69

1.0 out of 5 stars Flakes and irritation, July 6, 2016
The volume and color were nice, however it began to flake within 10 minutes of applying it. All throughout the evening I found myself wiping beneath my eyes with my fingers or a tissue, paranoid that there would be little flakes, and quite often there were! I do not plan on wearing this mascara again. It did irritate my eyes, periodically I would get this sensation of having something in my eye, I am assuming those were the little black flakes causing the irritation. Feeling like something is in your eye is terrible, having the urge to rub or wipe your eye is worse because you know, as soon as you do that, your going to cause yet more flakes to appear.

Pride + Prejudice + Zombies [Blu-ray]
Pride + Prejudice + Zombies [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Jack Huston
Price: $17.99
54 used & new from $9.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly enjoyable!, July 6, 2016
I wasn't sure I would like this movie, but I decided to give it a try. I love Pride and Prejudice, I enjoy watching zombies (thanks to The Walking Dead) so I figured, why not watch something that combines the two. I was pleasantly surprised to find that after 30 or so minutes into the movie I was actually looking forward to seeing how this would all end. I have to say I LOVED the scene where Darcy proposes to Elizabeth, that was absolutely hilarious...I rewound that scene a few times. While I was originally skeptical of what I thought would be a cheesy horror, tongue in cheek movie, was really very entertaining! I did not care for the little clip after the credits, I thought that was unnecessary, I like my movies all tidily wrapped up, but overall I actually have the desire to watch this crazy movie again!

Calvin Klein Performance Women's Tie Dye Trapeze Tunic, Navy Combo, X-Large
Calvin Klein Performance Women's Tie Dye Trapeze Tunic, Navy Combo, X-Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute with a design flaw, July 6, 2016
I really like the length and style of the shirt, however the only issue I have with it is the size of the neck hole. It is extremely wide! It does not look like it in the provided picture, but where bra straps normally fall on your shoulders, this shirt is past that. Bending over in this shirt will provide the viewer with a look all the way to your belly button. Granted you could wear a strapless bra, a bra with cute lacy straps, or a camisole, but I bought this shirt to workout in, not have to worry about what is and isn't showing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10