Profile for Nicole Burley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nicole Burley RSS Feed

YumUniverse: Infinite Possibilities for a Gluten-Free, Plant-Powerful, Whole-Food Lifestyle
by Heather Crosby
Price: $12.47
78 used & new from $9.55

5.0 out of 5 stars The only cookbook you will ever need!, October 28, 2014
I hardly know where to begin. This is the cookbook I have been WAITING for! I am a health coach and I have been a big fan of Heather Crosby's recipes and YumUniverse for several years now. I have never made a recipe from Heather that didn't turn out fantastic - so I was thrilled when I learned that she was going to come out with a full and proper cookbook.

The recipes in this book meet all my criteria for a good recipe: Simple, easy, swap-outs are offered, variations are offered, whole food, plant-based, nutrient-dense, gluten-free, and low/no oil - and, most important, they have to be seriously delicious. This whole entire book is filled with recipes like this! I'm in heaven.

I have already made the Creamy Broccoli and Red Pepper Macaroni salad (amazing), Black Bean Sweet Potato Brownies (decadent), Chickpea, Tarragon and Cranberry Salad (my new favorite lunch), Lentil, Kale and Quinoa Tacos (so easy, but tastes fancy), Raspberry-Chia Jam (everyone will get this for Xmas), Sweet Potato Sauce (great on steamed veggies), Cashew 'Cheese' Sauce (works in a million different dishes) - and I cannot wait to try more. I know they're all going to be great.

Honestly, this book just makes me happy. It's so well-done, well-organized, and written with passion and heart. There are nothing but winners in this book. Buy it and dive in!

Love Your Naked Ass: 80 Gentle Ways to Transform Your Life, Restore Your Serenity & Rediscover Happiness
by Kimberly Riggins
Price: $13.45
31 used & new from $6.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend!, April 30, 2012
This book is like having a sweet, wonderful, encouraging best friend by your side whenever you're feeling blue. It's the kind of book you can return to again and again - and it doesn't even matter what page you open to. You will always get something meaningful and useful out of it.

I love how the chapters are short and easy to absorb - and yet they really pack a wallop! Kimberly's voice is gentle and encouraging - yet her message is incredibly compelling. Your happiness begins and ends with you - and this book gives you the tools and action steps to truly shift the way you feel inside. It makes a huge difference!

Ninja Kitchen System Pulse Blender with Free Cookbook - Model BL205
Ninja Kitchen System Pulse Blender with Free Cookbook - Model BL205

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing., March 5, 2012
Seriously - my whole life is different because of this blender. It sounds ridiculous, but I used to dread blending (!) because I have never had a good experience! My previous blenders would conk out whenever I tried to blend anything more challenging than liquid. Blending chick peas to make hummos was exhausting - for me and the blender. Forget blending frozen fruit or ice. It was hard work, time-consuming, and a total drag. SO frustrating. And then the clean-up with my other blenders was an exercise in engineering - actually having to dismantle the whole thing to clean the blade.

The Ninja Pulse System is UNREAL. I can't believe it. This thing blends frozen bananas like it's nothing - and it's done in seconds. SECONDS!! The single-serve blender cups are a revelation, too. To be able to drink straight from the cup, saving me extra clean-up of a separate glass?? There is nothing about this blender that I do not LOVE. It's well-designed, EASY to clean (which makes me want to use it more) - and, best of all, it actually works.

I have coveted the Vita-Mix blender for years - but I just can't see spending $500 for a blender. I cannot imagine that I would love a Vita-Mix more than I love this Ninja-Pulse. It does everything I could ever ask - and it does it quickly and with ease.

You won't be disappointed!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2013 5:53 AM PST

Blissful Bites: Vegan Meals That Nourish Mind, Body, and Planet
Blissful Bites: Vegan Meals That Nourish Mind, Body, and Planet
by Christy Morgan
39 used & new from $3.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of winners!, September 15, 2011
I am a health coach and I go through a LOT of cookbooks! Personally, I'm not much of a cook or a chef without a recipe to follow - and I don't like to spend more than 45-minutes on making a meal - so I'm always looking for recipes or cookbooks that make it EASY and doable to make something wonderful. I swear - I have yet to make a recipe from this cookbook that wasn't fantastic. Everything has turned out great! And they have been EASY and quick to put together. I am in heaven. This is my new go-to book. Christy's book is full of top-notch information and tips - and the recipes are seriously delicious. Some of my favorites are the penne with creamy red pepper sauce (my husband flipped for this), the macro mac and cheese, Mac n' Kale (my new favorite salad), soba noodles with peanut sauce, and the lemony-lime hummus. I should also add that this is the first review I have ever written for a cookbook - so you know I am serious about this one! Blissful Bites will do wonderful things for your health, your spirit, and your taste buds. I highly recommend it!