Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for David Monk > Reviews

Browse

David Monk's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Monk RSS Feed (REDMOND, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Hoover S1120 Hand Held Wet/Dry Hand Vacuum Cleaner
Hoover S1120 Hand Held Wet/Dry Hand Vacuum Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars Loud but powerful., January 28, 2012
We have a tile bathroom and it houses our cats' litter box. As a result, in the morning, we frequently find litter and hair (cat and human) all over the floor. This Hoover was the first solution we found that worked well. It has incredibly powerful suction, and the charge lasts about a week at a time for us. The downsides are that it is LOUD, and you will have to clean the area around the filter every month or so to keep the suction high. It is light weight and looks cool as well. Would definitely buy again.

eneloop AAA 1800 cycle, Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries, 4 Pack (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Cameta Camera
Price: $11.95
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite rechargable batteries., January 28, 2012
Eneloop or nothing. it really is that simple when it comes down to rechargeable batteries. These arrive pre-charged, last forever, never have to be reconditioned, and don't fall apart. I usually buy them in bulk and use them everywhere possible.

Otomedius Excellent - Xbox 360
Otomedius Excellent - Xbox 360
Offered by Lunatic Sales
Price: $10.67
53 used & new from $3.49

2.0 out of 5 stars What was I thinking???, January 28, 2012
Ugh. What a disappointment. This is a short, DLC heavy, overly fan-serviced shooter. The characters are not that interesting, the levels are fairly boring and quickly become predictable, and it doesn't matter if you beat the bosses or not as you clear the stage anyway! I fell into the otaku trap of moe girls dressed as spaceships. oh well, at least it wasn't that expensive. until I bought some DLC. will I ever learn?

Falcon Compressed Gas (152a) Disposable Cleaning Duster 4 Count, 10 oz. Can (DPSXL4T)
Offered by Virtual Indus3
Price: $17.28
28 used & new from $10.03

4.0 out of 5 stars My default computer cleaner, January 28, 2012
It comes down to the handle. I know it sounds weird, but the can and handle of this cleaner are just plain better than others. The propulsion is well balanced, and does not switch to liquid that easily. I use this for cleaning out components and connectors on my PC and Peripherals. If I need canned air, this is what I reach for.

Elegant Complexity: A Study of David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest
Elegant Complexity: A Study of David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest
by Greg Carlisle
Price: $26.35
39 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written guide that will make you wonder how you missed things., January 28, 2012
This guide to Infinite Jest justified itself alone by being able to string together all the uses of the color blue. I had tacked Infinite Jest (IJ) this past summer and while I found it a wild ride, was left with several major questions. Elegant Complexity did not spell out the answers, but helped me see the guide wires enough to find my own way through. I was shocked at how large this guide was, it gave IJ a run for its money. I would suggest using Elegant Complexity the same way I did, as a reader for those who have already finished IJ. Elegant Complexity definitely improved and enhanced my enjoyment of IJ.

Morning Song 1022164 Clean and Free Wild Bird Food, 5-Pound
Morning Song 1022164 Clean and Free Wild Bird Food, 5-Pound
Price: $13.68
3 used & new from $13.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, January 28, 2012
Very little waste, and songbirds love it! I've ordered this several times and have never had a problem. We live in the pacific northwest, and are able to attract blue jays, jaffer jays, chick-a-dees, and sparrows.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 - Xbox 360
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 - Xbox 360
Offered by GLMDISTRIBUTION
Price: $57.99
27 used & new from $19.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have for gundam fans, not so much for others., August 14, 2011
The gundam universe(s) have so much history, that it can be very intimidating for newcomers. There are two approaches you can take with this game: already be versed in the history, or just run around killing things. The game covers: 0079, 0083, zeta, double zeta, turn-a, victory, char's counter attack, 00 gundam, F91, and gundam unicorn. there is a ton of unlockable content, including mobile suits, characters, music, and more. it can be frustrating to figure out what is required to unlock the next new thing, but in general a good time. I have not tried the multiplayer mode.

The Ware Tetralogy
The Ware Tetralogy
by Rudy Rucker
Price: $21.41
56 used & new from $4.62

4.0 out of 5 stars No more heroes., August 14, 2011
This review is from: The Ware Tetralogy (Paperback)
This is really good sci-fi. The ware books have the added bonus of evolving technology; from robots to biotech, we see how technology progresses, and both changes and is incorporated into culture. My problem with it? No heroes. all of the main characters are tragically flawed and commit unforgivable acts ranging from murder and betrayal to (arguably) genocide. Is this just a side effect of a great post-modern set of novels? hard to say. But it would be nice to have a protagonist to cheer for, or at least a clear antihero, not just one that hangs out in the middle. Definitely a good read, but you might not feel good about mankind by the end.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2012 2:45 PM PDT

Black & Decker NST2018 GROOM 'N' EDGE 12-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Electric String Trimmer with 2 Batteries

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great weed-whacker!, June 24, 2011
Growing up, we had an electric trimmer that I dreaded using. It was bulky, it was weak, it required long power cords.
This Black & Decker solves all of these problems. It is strong, it is cordless, it is easy to adjust the trimmer string length.
I can do most of my yard on one battery, and everything I can think of with two.
My only complaint is that there is no indicator of how full the battery is. Your best bet is to just charge it overnight.
another thing I like is that it is not too noisy. Great job Black & Decker!

KitchenAid 56-Ounce Blender Pitcher with Black Lid
KitchenAid 56-Ounce Blender Pitcher with Black Lid
Offered by always quality
Price: $45.78
2 used & new from $45.78

1.0 out of 5 stars Easily cracked and expensive to replace., January 8, 2011
The blender that goes with this pitcher is outstanding. The pitcher is a waste of money that cracks easily, and needs to be replaced with another expensive pitcher every few years.
Very disappointing.