Profile for J. Justice > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Justice "Older Male" RSS Feed (Palo Alto, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Starfiber StarMop Wet/Dry Microfiber Cleaning Kit
Starfiber StarMop Wet/Dry Microfiber Cleaning Kit
Price: $27.71
2 used & new from $21.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Device, April 22, 2014
I've been using a StarMop for 10 years to keep my hardwood floors clean. The Velcro in the old mop finally wore out. I bought a new one from Amazon and was pleased to find that they have improved the design. The new shag design is more effective than the old cloth design.
I'm very happy with the StarMop. It allows me to keep the floors clean with just vinegar and water.

Quantum Field Theory and the Standard Model
Quantum Field Theory and the Standard Model
by Matthew Dean Schwartz
Price: $81.00
43 used & new from $80.61

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book!, March 19, 2014
I have about eight books on quantum field theory. Each one has good points, but this one has a depth of insight that makes me rate it 5 stars. Dr. Schwartz has a very pedantic way of wording explanations that gives you a new appreciation of the field. I still like Weinberg's books because they explain why quantum field theory is the way it is. Schwartz's book also does this, but that is not the primary objective. He gives practical advice on many questions. For instance, he has the best explanation for how quantum field theory reduces to quantum mechanics and classical electromagnetic theory. He has simple heuristics to motivate the discussion of renormalization.

Thank you Dr. Schwartz for distilling an enormous field into a textbook.

Rode Videomic Shotgun Microphone with Rycote Lyre Mount (Model: VIDEOMICR)
Rode Videomic Shotgun Microphone with Rycote Lyre Mount (Model: VIDEOMICR)
Price: $149.00
28 used & new from $110.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mic, August 18, 2013
I got this shotgun mic for my Sony SR11 camcorder. The Sony mic didn't work well. I have other shotgun mics, but they require phantom power. This one doesn't require phantom power and works great. I also bought the 10 foot extension cord from Rode and the adaptor to fasten the microphone to the top of my camera. This has become my standard microphone because it has no hum and minimizes background noise.

Giraffe GIR103 3-Foot Long Reach Bypass Pruner
Giraffe GIR103 3-Foot Long Reach Bypass Pruner
Price: $39.68

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work as well as the old one, June 5, 2013
I got this Giraffe because I use an older one extensively. The old one was getting dull.

They changed the design and the new one doesn't hold the cuttings after you make a cut. This was a key feature and it makes the new Giraffe much less useful.

Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders Zebra
Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders Zebra
Offered by theBIGzoo
Price: $12.74
13 used & new from $12.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done, April 19, 2013
This toy zebra is painted better than the one I got from Lucky Star. It's much more realistic. Both are very durable as a toy.

Generic CD-3800 Digital Ultrasonic for Jewelry, Eyeglass, and Dentures Cleaner
Generic CD-3800 Digital Ultrasonic for Jewelry, Eyeglass, and Dentures Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, March 7, 2013
I have used this cleaner for about 4 months now to clean my eye glasses. It works well and I am happy.

Statistical Mechanics, Third Edition
Statistical Mechanics, Third Edition
by R K Pathria
Price: $84.40
85 used & new from $47.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the Best, March 7, 2013
I had Pathria's original book and still bought this updated version. The original was so valuable that I thought the updated version would be worth the money. I wasn't disappointed.

Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine, Black
Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine, Black
Price: $49.99
22 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Be sure to screw the frother on tight, March 7, 2013
After one week, we didn't like this Espresso maker. It never could froth the milk properly. You get milky coffee.

After 2 weeks, we found that the frothing gadget was loose. Once we screwed it on tighter, the Espresso maker started working beautifully. The milk was perfectly frothed. I am changing my review from one star to 5 stars.

Quantum Field Theory
Quantum Field Theory
by Mark Allen Srednicki
Price: $81.71
58 used & new from $59.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Others are better, March 7, 2013
This review is from: Quantum Field Theory (Hardcover)
I have six QFT books, and I bought this one as a seventh. I hoped it would give insights that the others had missed. Instead, I found that it regurgitated the standard cannonical system without explanations for why QFT is the was it is.

Luckily, I was able to sell it back to Amazon under their textbook return system.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2013 7:41 PM PDT

Blue Microphones Icicle XLR to USB Mic Converter/Mic Preamp
Blue Microphones Icicle XLR to USB Mic Converter/Mic Preamp
Price: $40.36
79 used & new from $37.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, March 7, 2013
I bought this product along with a USB microphone with earphones. Both worked great, but the Icicle has much lower noise levels when connected to my old microphones. It gives me the best recordings I have ever seen from any microphone. It's very simple to use compared to the old phantom-power preamps. I recommend it highly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3