Profile for allodds > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

allodds RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kathos Ponte Jacket (2)
Kathos Ponte Jacket (2)
Offered by Kathos Fashion
Price: $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish and great quality, March 13, 2014
This review is from: Kathos Ponte Jacket (Apparel)
I wasn't too sure about ordering this jacket on Amazon since there were no customer reviews to go by when I was considering it. But given Amazon's liberal return policy, I took the chance. Boy, am I glad that I did! This jacket is ultra-stylish and gives that sharp edge to anything you wear it with. The fitting is perfect for me. I would like to own one in another color.

Valeo Deluxe Speed Rope, Black
Valeo Deluxe Speed Rope, Black
Price: $7.20
32 used & new from $6.76

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought 2, both Defective - unable to adjust, June 29, 2011
This review is from: Valeo Ropes (Sports)
I am sure I am following the instructions correctly. I have read all the positive reviews here, and understand what they say about how easy it is to adjust the length. If it is that easy, mine are just defective. I pop the caps off the handle, and try to slide the rope out the opening, but it will NOT budge. The metal cringe is kinda stuck on the top side of the plastic handle, where I cannot reach to even tinker with it. Heck, I bought this after reading the overwhelmingly positive reviews, but have to say that I must belong to the small minority that got saddled with the defective pieces.

Killerspin 603-97 Table Tennis Clip-on Net and Post Set
Killerspin 603-97 Table Tennis Clip-on Net and Post Set
Price: $40.99
3 used & new from $40.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, Easy and Inexpensive, April 30, 2011
I am thrilled with this net-post set.
My table came with the lamest possible net set - the kind that has elastic bands at the end. Any serious player will appreciate the importance of a taut net set to the game. This product does it all at a lower price than any competitor. It is extremely easy to set up.

For those who couldn't figure out the assembly, I have uploaded customer images on the product page. Here's my attempt at instructions:

1) mount the net posts on both ends - without the net of course.
2) there is a solid metal rod with black end-caps sitting inside of the net post. Take it out and slide it into the black plastic ends (loops) of the blue net.
3) put the metal rod (along with net end) back into the hollow net post. The net post has a slit on the one side to allow the net to slide all the way to the base of the net post.
4) guide the loose net string into the notch on top of the metal rod and engage the metal chain in one of the two notches at the base of the net post.
5) do the same with the other side.
6) adjust height of the net to 6 inches by turning the knob underneath the net post. Now adjust the tautness by re-engaging the metal chains as needed.

Again, don't forget to look at the images on the product page under "customer images".
Hope this helps.

Lock & Lock 1.4 Cup 8 Piece Rectangular Value Pack
Lock & Lock 1.4 Cup 8 Piece Rectangular Value Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Best plastic lunch box out there, April 4, 2011
This product deserves all the 5-stars others have given. I have nothing more significant to add, other than saying that in general, I don't endorse plastic products, but if you must choose plastic for some reason, this is the one to invest in. It is superior in quality to anything else out there in the market.
I do have this set, and use it to pack cut fruit/salad for lunch, but I don't pack any hot food in plastic. After 6 months of use and dishwasher cleaning, it still looks new.
Highly recommend.

Kitchens of India  Curry Paste Variety Pack, 3.5 Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Kitchens of India Curry Paste Variety Pack, 3.5 Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a quick Indian fix, April 4, 2011
Before I review, I will reveal that I am Indian. I grew up eating authentic, fresh Indian food, and now I cook authentic, fresh Indian food. NONE of the pre-packaged foods will come even CLOSE to freshly prepared food with freshly ground spices. It is impossible for a finely tuned Indian palate to relish pre-packed, factory-processed, preserved offerings. However, if you are not conditioned like me, then this is a great alternative to the restaurant fare we get in the US. Easy to use, quick and tasty enough. I bought the assorted pack and gave it to my non-Indian friends so they could cook their Chicken and Lamb curries....and they just loved it!
I give 4 stars to this product for trying its best.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2013 12:23 PM PDT

Viper Portable Table Tennis Top with Bag, Paddles, Net, Posts and Balls
Viper Portable Table Tennis Top with Bag, Paddles, Net, Posts and Balls
Price: $100.10
19 used & new from $87.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Has 2 folds that interfere with ball bounce, April 4, 2011
I really want to like this product. It is decent size, not annoyingly tiny. In fact, it is 2/3 the size of a full-size table. It also perfectly fit on top of our dining table (7' x 3.5'). The playing surface is good enough for the ball to bounce reasonably well. It even folds up and is light enough to be carried on outings and events.
BUT, the grind is, the table top folds in 2 places. This is NOT mentioned anywhere in the description, and is not apparent in the pictures either. I assumed it folded in one place, right under where the net would mount. Probably should have researched more, but didn't occur to me at that time.
Anyway, the 2 folds end up being on the 2 halves on either side of the net. They are about 1.16 foot from the net. The fold has seams that do protrude out a little - just a wee bit, but enough to affect ball bounce. The table top has metal hinges at the ends of the folds. the hinges affect bounce too. The table top corners have a triangular pastic cap that fell off immediately. It didn't affect play, but just wanted to mention how flimsy it is.
Overall, I could have probably played a mid-distance game on this table top, but mind you, this is a 2/3 size anyway, so you cannot really adjust and improvise that much. It is more suited to a short game, and that does get affected badly by the way it folds in 2 places.
The paddles that come with it are a joke, but you could make it a fun game out of them if you like. The net is nothing to speak about, it mounts easily, but is not taut enough. It is also shorter than the regular net.
Unfortunately, I had to return it to Amazon. Hopefully, the manufacturer will take note of the feedback and make some amends to what could be potentially be a really good product.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2013 2:58 PM PST

LaCafetiere Classic 8-Cup Coffee Press, Chrome
LaCafetiere Classic 8-Cup Coffee Press, Chrome
Price: Click here to see our price
5 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I use it as a milk frother for cappuccino, April 4, 2011
I know it is a coffee maker, but I primarily use it as a milk frother for cappuccinos and lattes. There are specialized milk frothers out there, but nothing beats the micro-bubbles that this beauty produces. It is fail-proof, provided the milk is the right temperature. My cappuccinos turn out commercial quality or better, without the fancy machines.
Several friends have bought this for milk frothing, after experiencing it at my home.
BTW, I got 2 of these for sixteen bucks from the warehousedeal dept of amazon.

Martin Kilpatrick Tsunami Table Tennis Racket
Martin Kilpatrick Tsunami Table Tennis Racket
Offered by OnlineSports
Price: $12.95
3 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a beginner - especially a kid, April 4, 2011
This bat is a good beginner bat. It would be ideal for a kid because it weighs only 155 grams. The handle is well contoured and comfortable for my 6-yr old. The rubber has minimal speed or spin - which is how it should be for a beginner paddle. My kid's game has improved enormously in the last 2 weeks of playing with this (as opposed to a heavier, pricier bat).
One thing to note: the rubbers are not ITTF approved if it matters to you.
Again, this is a good first bat to learn the basic strokes of the game.
Don't invest in more expensive bats if you are new to table tennis. Once you get hooked and get better, you will embark on a racket-buying EJ spree anyway, so don't think this is your last bat!

Martin Kilpatrick Racket Case
Martin Kilpatrick Racket Case
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finest of racket cases, April 4, 2011
This case is better than the butterflys and stigas out there. The brand name is probably not a seller, but the quality is outstanding. It is generously sized, with sturdy zippers and great cushioning/padding. The interior has an elastic band that holds your racket in place so there is no inadvertent movements or falls when opened. One side of the interior has a large mesh pocket with a zipper, that can hold balls, etc.
The look and feel is very sleek too. I bought 2 of these when the price dropped to six bucks, but it is well worth it even at ten.

Kinetic Go Green Glasslock 01332 17-Ounce Square Glass Food-Storage Containers with Locking Lids, Set of 3
Offered by everydayspecial
Price: $21.22
4 used & new from $21.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Best lunch box out there, April 4, 2011
This review is for the 17 oz containers in a set of 3.
I am so thrilled that Amazon offers this product. I have been eyeing the Glasslock set at Costco for a long time. Only problem was, it has all these assorted sizes from the tiniest to the largest container, and not enough numbers of the one size I really wanted (~16-20 oz). Anyway, patience paid off. I bought this set when the price dropped to $12.99 here. Happy customer.
I pack my kids lunch in this container. The leak-proof, air-tight lids are such a blessing! My kids operate them with ease. The shape and size of the 17 oz is perfect for 2 peanut butter sandwiches with edges cut off. Now the squirrels do not bite and rip open the lunch bag to steal the peanut butter sandwiches. They can't smell the peanut butter anymore!
Many times, I prepare pasta in the morning and pack it for lunch. I no longer have to deal with that lurking feeling that the plastic reacted and leeched somehow into the food. I don't have to deal with red spaghetti sauce stains adhered to the plastic insides of the lunch box. I don't have to deal with little pits and peels on the plastic from fork stabs.
Finally, freedom from plastic! I love this product and highly recommend it - in all shapes and sizes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3