Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Illinois USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Kitchen Meister Silicone Spoon Rest, Set of 4, Green
Kitchen Meister Silicone Spoon Rest, Set of 4, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, May 28, 2014
First off, I love that they come in pack of 4. I keep 1 on each side of the stove and when one gets dirty I toss it in the dishwasher and pull out another one.
They are large, but not obnoxiously gigantic. The slot on the handle holds spoons and forks nicely in the cradle. They are easy to clean. They also also very flexible.
I went with Green, and love the pop of color in the kitchen.
The only thing I haven't had enough time to test is how long they will hold up against red sauce stains.

Adjustable Foot Stool with Fleece Foam Cushion
Adjustable Foot Stool with Fleece Foam Cushion

1.0 out of 5 stars Plan to trash it in a month, February 16, 2012
Cheap, Cheap, Cheap!
- It doesn't stay locked in position and collapses with little movement.
- It's flimsy and wiggles as you shift weight on your legs.
- After a month of use the wood frame began to separate at the glued joints.
- The fleece cover, while soft and comfortable, is ugly and held on only by elastic.

The only redeeming qualities it had was:
- Adjustable to multiple heights
- A solid 1 inch of foam covered by fleece was very soft and comfortable.

Because it is a pain to use, constantly collapses, and now the frame separated it has a new home in the trash.

Aurora
Aurora

1.0 out of 5 stars Crashes and sucks, October 25, 2011
This review is from: Aurora (App)
I was hoping for something similar to The Secret Of Grisley Manor. Instead, the interface is horrible, graphics below average, and the game crashes making it unplayable. Waste of money. - Samsung galaxy s2.

Green Eggs and Ham - Dr. Seuss
Green Eggs and Ham - Dr. Seuss
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and well done., October 21, 2011
Interactive, stable, and fun. The voice over is professional. Very well put together application. I've bought many of these dr suess books and they are all great.

Fox In Socks - Dr. Seuss
Fox In Socks - Dr. Seuss
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and voice, October 21, 2011
This review is from: Fox In Socks - Dr. Seuss (App)
This book is a classic and extremely difficult to read. The voice of the reader is professional and easily rattles through these tongue twisters. It's fun to listen to someone read though without tripping up.

SwiftKey Tablet
SwiftKey Tablet

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs some work, August 13, 2011
This review is from: SwiftKey Tablet (App)
It does not work on the Archos 101. It underlaps the android menu, preventing you from using the keys on the right. Also no option to display the arrow keys!!!

Platypus Platy Bottle 2-Litre(70 ounces)
Platypus Platy Bottle 2-Litre(70 ounces)
Price: $9.71
17 used & new from $7.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Transport and Great Taste, June 22, 2009
This review is from: Platypus Platy Bottle (Sports)
I've been using mine 4 days a week for about 4 months now. Each night I fill it 1/4 of the way full and then put it into the freezer. In the morning I fill it up another 1/4 of the way and take it to work where I have cold clean water all day long. I'm impressed by its strength and amazed to see it has survived the repeated freezings.

Pros:
Clean taste - no plastic or other imparted tastes.
The size is large enough to hold a lot of water, and the shape is easy to put it into my laptop bag without people noticing.
It's durable, but I don't expect it to last forever. Given the heavy use, and repeated freezings, I'm quite impressed.

Cons:
The mouth uses a heavy wide thread and wont work with caps and spouts from other water bottles.
I haven't found a good way to clean it. The mouth is too small to get a brush in there. Instead I rinse it out and put it in the dishwasher, hoping the heat will clean.

Mosquito Magnet MM3000 Liberty Mosquito Trap
Mosquito Magnet MM3000 Liberty Mosquito Trap
2 used & new from $374.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Quality and Too Expensive, November 10, 2008
I was lucky enough to pick one of these up at an Ace Hardware that was going out of business. Everything was discounted 50% including several brand-new Mosquito Magnets. I picked one up for $250... yet I still feel ripped off.

Did it Work?
Mostly - I'd reason to guess it reduced the population by 90%, which I was excited about. But the truth is it doesn't really matter if there is 1, 5, or 20 mosquitoes attacking you... as long as there are still SOME you still end up with bites.

I ran the machine from April till it crapped out in September in the Chicago Suburbs. My backyard is about 1/16 of an acre; entire plot is about 1/4. I don't live near a lake, pond, or have any standing water near by. In the dry hot months, when mosquitoes are naturally low, I was catching about 10-20 a month. In the wet months I pulled in about 20-40 a month. It did a decent job... there would still be few flying by in the backyard that would take their chances at a late evening bite. In the front yard I didn't notice a difference, it seemed like there were as many as the year prior.

What Went Wrong?
In September, a full 6 months of operating, and the device refused to operate. The worst part was that it broke right when days worth of rain came rolling in, resulting in mosquito breeding fest. If there was one time the entire year I NEEDED a solution it was right when it broke. Diagnosis based on the error codes: Ignition Failure.

Warranty Support:
Called the support number, they asked for all sorts of information. I was told to fax the receipt or credit card statement. They would then verify the purchase and issue me a repair number. It's then my responsibility to then ship the unit back for repair. Customer service was friendly and professional. Unfortunately I lost my receipt and I'm in the process of faxing over the credit card statement.

Extra Costs:
Don't forget the cost of a tank a month, mosquito attractant, CO2 cartridges, and new nets. I easily spent $150 on operating costs for the 6 months.

Spiders!?
Something I haven't noticed anyone else mention is just how much spiders love this trap. Throughout the season I had a whole family of fairly fat spiders living in the intake cone, waiting for gnats, moths and mosquitoes to get sucked up so they could enjoy a health lunch. Which is reason to also believe that the trap caught more than was seen in the net due to "spider consumption". Even clearing them out didn't make a difference - as new ones quickly moved in.

In Conclusion
Even at half price $250 (machine) +$150 (operating costs) is a lot for a 6 month operation that was good, but not great. The failure of the machine at 6 months is unacceptable. I don't have high expectations the unit will last longer than a year after its repair. For the list price of this unit, a 1 year warranty is a disgrace. - I'd even be disappointed with a 3 year. A 5 year warranty is what should be offered, even for their own interest of selling consumable items such as nets, attractant, covers, CO2, etc.

Zibra ETQEWT Edge-n-Roll No Tape Tool Kit System
Zibra ETQEWT Edge-n-Roll No Tape Tool Kit System

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Garbage, July 26, 2008
The spring loaded tray was the coolest thing about this. The edger itself was useless. The little rollers are so close together that it's hard to stabilize the product and even move it along in a straight line, let alone get a straight painted edge.

The biggest kick in the nuts with this was that the rollers were designed for one time use and are fairly expensive to buy replacements (around $10).
Need to change colors: $10, need to paint multiple days: $10 each time the paint drys on the roller. The total cost of ownership of this product is horrible.

Accubrush Refill Kit - 4 Brushes, 2 Rollers
Accubrush Refill Kit - 4 Brushes, 2 Rollers
Offered by Painthelpers Accubrush
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Same ones as those shipped with the product, July 26, 2008
These are the same rollers and brushes as shipped with the Accubrush. They are made by the same company, fit the Accubrush well, and perform well.

Page: 1 | 2