Profile for Adam R Wildonger > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adam R Wildonger "Adam-12" RSS Feed (Tampa, FL)

Page: 1 | 2
Gold Medal Prod. 2095MC Popcorn Kettle Cleaner 1lb. 15oz.
Gold Medal Prod. 2095MC Popcorn Kettle Cleaner 1lb. 15oz.
Offered by Deerso
Price: $15.75
19 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm, April 7, 2014
I used this to clean a 16 OZ kettle and it really did the trick. It had never been cleaned during the 6 years of it being used by the company. This took it back down to the metal in just one use.

PlayStation 4 Console
PlayStation 4 Console
Price: $399.00
287 used & new from $354.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony got it right, November 20, 2013
This review is from: PlayStation 4 Console (Video Game)
After spending some quality time with my new buddy, I have to say it definitely feels like next gen (compared to the PS3 at least).
Having been a PC gamer with the best possible rig I could afford, next gen feels a slight bit dated at this point, but totally happy with the advancements that have been made in consoles.

Sony seems to finally get it with this release. I am totally ready to admit the PS3 shortcomings, but was able to overlook most due to my love of the genre.
The new interface is snappy and everything I need has been readily available. Never did I have to click more than 2 or 3 times to get what I wanted nor get lost in the interface.

Storage is easily managed this time around. Each game is listed with a pic and some properties. Gives you graphs for each category, like saved games, capture streams and install data.
Clear as day how much space you have left on your HD. Looks like I need to upgrade soon, cause I can already see 500GB just not cutting it.

Speaking of downloading…much, much, much faster downloading speeds, can download more than one thing at a time (had 3 things going with minimal slowdown).
Had all of DC Universe downloaded within an hour (initial was 16GB).

Graphics are really nice. Clearly a noticeable step up from PS3, especially playing AC4.
I would say it compares to the PC in most ways, except for the unstable frame rate. PC totally wins in that category making animations seem more life-like.
Lighting, particle effects, draw distance, all these are greatly improved. You can see a lot of texture detail from far away which makes me happy.
Feels like I am playing a new AC game, which is refreshing. OMG is the world map HUGE!!! And not just open water with nothing to do, there is stuff in every nook and cranny.

Some games take it a little too far, like Killzone. Haven’t played much, but the lighting effects and next gen tricks are served up in spades.
Will take some getting used to, lens flare anyone?!? It was sort of like playing a JJ Abrams movie.

Need for Speed arrives today, so am anxious to see that game in motion.

Overall I am really happy. Seeing as they pretty much got everything right from a gaming perspective, I have to go with 9/10. Nothing is perfect.

Let the fanboism commence for another decade!!

Haunted House Music: Halloween Sound Effects
Haunted House Music: Halloween Sound Effects
Price: $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for...., October 22, 2013
Wanted something I could just put on repeat and not worry. Most of the "albums" had certain tracks of torture screams that were not appropriate for the kids or would get one/two good tracks for only a couple minutes length.

I listened to the first 30 minutes and loved what I heard, really creepy.

Will update this post after Halloween if my opinion changes.

Under The Dome, Season 1 [HD]
Under The Dome, Season 1 [HD]
Price: $24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A Stephen King joint..., July 17, 2013
We haven't had a good mini-series in a long while. You know, the type of show that tells a complete story and isn't cancelled midway through season two.

Jumping into the Dome, I was hoping for that mini-series feel, which it does have. It also has that Stephen King vibe, just personal enough to be creepy.

I have mixed reviews about this series only having seen 3 episodes, but at least I know it has a complete story to be told.
I will stick with it to the end, but right now I give it 3 stars for keeping me interested.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2013 8:55 AM PDT

Brendon Small's Galaktikon
Brendon Small's Galaktikon
Price: $8.91

5.0 out of 5 stars This is not Dethklok...and that is a good thing., September 10, 2012
It took a couple of listens to understand that this is not a continuation of Dethklok, which is just fine by me. Think of it as an epic space rock opera.

If you like Brendon's previous work in Home Movies and Metalocolypse, then you will embrace this album for what it is, more of the awesomeness that is Brendon Small.

PS: Saw Dethklok in concert a while back, WOW! what a show. If he goes on tour for this CD, then count me in!

L.A. Noire [Download]
L.A. Noire [Download]
Price: $19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Another lazy port, March 27, 2012
I am so tired of dealing with Rockstars lazy support for the PC versions of their games. This game like all the others is a stuttering mess. I have a very high end PC and cannot get this game to run smoothly no matter what I do. Maybe they will get around to patching it like GTA 4, but who knows when that will be.

Do yourself a favor and stick to consoles for all Rockstar games.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2012 3:31 PM PDT

Dragon's Lair
Dragon's Lair
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire User Review, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Dragon's Lair (App)
Addressing the lower score for older android devices, I can say this game runs just fine on the Kindle Fire. Very smooth animation and loading time is quick between deaths.

This game is hard, but that was the appeal back in 1980. This is a trial and error game. Eventually you memorize the pattern and progress to the next scene.

You have a sword button on the left and directional buttons on the right. While playing these will light up and give you only seconds to hit the button. I don't know if the timing is very short, or the touch function is not registering properly as sometimes the button presses dont register. Eventually you can memorize the pattern, but this gets annoying.

Overall a very well done version of Dragon's Lair aside the small frustrations. Nostalgic people will be pleased.

Order & Chaos Online (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Order & Chaos Online (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A very well done MMO for android, December 27, 2011
I have only played a little bit, but what I have has been a blast. This game looks like it will keep me entertained for a long while and will be interested in seeing it grow with time.

It almost directly mirrors WoW, which isn't a bad thing. Although this is a scaled back version of a regular MMO.

Infamous 2 - Playstation 3
Infamous 2 - Playstation 3
Offered by Clover Media
Price: $2.99
184 used & new from $2.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightning does strike twice..., June 9, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Now this is how you do a sequel. This is the Infamous I fell in love with but bigger, better and more bad arse. Right from the start I knew this was going to be a fun ride.

They did a lot of things right with this sequel. First off, your actions are carried over from the first game. When starting a new game, something like collecting all 350 blast shards in Infamous 1 will start you with a boost in power. Finishing a good play through gives you an increase in your karma level. Little things like that, including actual missions. One mission was nothing more than a chick giving me a kiss of thanks for saving her mother back in Infamous 1.

Movement around the city has been perfected. I no longer feel dread if a mission is located on top of a building because getting up there is a snap. If I jump from the top of a car, it boosts me like 20 feet in the air. There are electric poles on the sides of buildings that shoot me halfway up a building in seconds. The trolley and power lines can be used as grind rails which is super fast and fun. I can hover in the air from building to building never having to stop. The parkour climbing is very well done. Think Assassin's Creed, but far less clunky.

The powers have been amped up tremendously. No crappy intro where you befall some tragedy and lose all the powers you worked so hard to gain throughout the first game. Nope, all your old tricks are there, but now you are unlocking variations of that power. Your lightning bolt, grenade, force power, rocket launcher and ionic power can now be switched on the fly to suit the situation.
You have a sniper up on the roof giving you trouble? Switch to the long range bolt and toast him from afar.
Tired of your electric grenades bouncing all over the place? Switch to sticky grenades and watch the enemy freak out.
Unlocking these variations of a power is sort of a game in itself, requiring you to gain 20 headshots or 10 environment kills. Sort of like an achievement within an achievement.

The storyline has been beefed up with nice cut scenes to go along with the comic drawings. The game is set in a town that resembles New Orleans. The last game was set in Empire City, a variation of New York. The premise is you are in this new city to gain enough power to battle the Beast, which is making its way down the east coast destroying everything in its path.

Xpand 3D Multibrand IR 3d Glasses single 1 pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Xpand 3D Multibrand IR 3d Glasses single 1 pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by GG GLOBAL
Price: $16.99
16 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, no more synch issues..., March 28, 2011
When I bought my Samsung 3D TV, it came with a pair of the Samsung brand 3D glasses. I had a horrible time trying to watch anything in 3D because it would lose synch and I would constantly have to power the glasses off and on again to correct.

Not with these. I was able to watch all of Pihrana 3D without any synching issue. Once or twice the image may have flickered, but this only lasted a split second and then corrected itself. This movie was the perfect test since it is constantly moving from sunlight to underwater scenes. This is where the old Samsung brand would totally lose it.

The picture clarity and brightness are also increased. When it switched to the dark underwater scenes, I could clearly make out what was going on.

I tried a little bit of Killzone 3, but with all the camera movement and you directing the action, it can get a little confused with 3D depth. It will take some tweaking to get it right, but there were no synching issues in my short playtime.

Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and will look to order the next in the series.
If I had others in the household that enjoyed 3D as much as me, I would buy a second pair.

I can't wait to see Resident Evil Afterlife with these bad boys.

Update 04/26/11
I was able to play Motorstorm 3D for a full hour without losing synch and it looked awesome.
Played the first 20 minutes of A Christmas Carol and the 3D looked awesome. Even the text at the beginning was popping and didn't notice any ghosting like before.

I am definitely getting a second pair and tossing the Samsung ones in the trash.

Page: 1 | 2