Profile for Mary Jo Sminkey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 965

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mary Jo Sminkey "15 years of Amazon Reviews!" RSS Feed (Wake Forest, NC USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cutehill 17.3" Long Metal Umbrella Swift Yarn Winder, Hand Operated Ball Winder Holder, Knitting Tool, for Swift Winding Lines, Laces, Yarns, Fiber or Other Strings
Offered by toptoper
Price: $59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy and Cheap, May 19, 2015
Very poor quality, cheap construction, flimsy, not worth the price even if it is one of the cheapest swifts on Amazon. Clamp is very small and will not work for many tables. Save your money and get a better swift that will last more than a couple uses.

The Color of Justice
The Color of Justice
by Ace Collins
Price: $13.49
74 used & new from $0.67

4.0 out of 5 stars A Griping Legal Thriller, April 11, 2015
This review is from: The Color of Justice (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Overall I enjoyed this novel, I appreciate good Christian fiction and legal thrillers both, and this was a decent entry into those genres. The first 2/3 of the book in particular I really enjoyed and got deeply entrenched into reading. Some of the dialog seemed a bit stilted and unnatural but nothing too serious. I didn't care for the abruptness of the jump to the year 2014, and not everything was reconciled and tied up enough to truly satisfy me as a reader. But ultimately it kept me entertained throughout and wanting to keep reading, so on that level, it certainly was a success.

Avery Laser & Ink Jet 2 1/2 x 8 1/2 Inch White Tent Cards 100 Count (5305)
Avery Laser & Ink Jet 2 1/2 x 8 1/2 Inch White Tent Cards 100 Count (5305)
Price: $13.52
41 used & new from $9.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tent Cards, April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really liked these tent cards, they were easy to design and print with Avery's online designer software and the size is perfect for my needs, not so small that you can't read them, but not large enough that they stick out. Could be easier to separate and a bit pricey for how many you get but if you just need them for a special event they are worth getting.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Potato and Kangaroo Dry Dog Food, 6/4-Pound
Price: $19.79
7 used & new from $15.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but better choices out there, April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My dogs liked this food okay, and it didn't bother my dog that has some grain allergies, so that's good. I would prefer a food though sourced fully in the US, and that uses strictly organic and non-GMO products. The price on this size bag is definitely not something I'd want to pay on a regular basis when compared to other foods with better ingredients.

Sentry 3 Count Fiproguard Plus for Dogs Squeeze-On, 89-132-Pound
Sentry 3 Count Fiproguard Plus for Dogs Squeeze-On, 89-132-Pound
Price: $24.56
18 used & new from $16.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Results, but Don't Rely on it Solely if You Have a Bad Infestation, April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When it comes to flea and tick products, a lot depends on what resistance the critters in your area may have. I've had pretty good luck with Sentry with fleas, as long as you don't let them get really out of control. If you have a lot of fleas in your house and yard, you should treat for them in the environment as well and not rely solely on this product, or you will just help build up further resistance in your local area. I use these products primarily as prevention when I am going out into public places and training with my dogs, to ensure that they don't pick up and bring back fleas, and also to keep ticks off which do tend to migrate into my yard from the nearby forested area. I've had pretty good results with it, no issues with fleas at all, and only the very rare tick, when I don't use anything on my dogs I usually am taking off several ticks a day. So overall, pleased with this product compared to others I have used.

Classic Accessories 55-306-030401-00 Grill Cover, Medium, Black
Classic Accessories 55-306-030401-00 Grill Cover, Medium, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Fabric, and not the Easiest Cover to put on, April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the third Classic grill cover I have gotten, one I purchased myself, and the others provided through Vine for review. As such I have some experience with their offerings and the quality of them. Unfortunately they have not proven to last very long, the last one I was using became brittle and ripped to pieces during the winter.... and I live in NC where winters are VERY mild, hardly the kind of cold you would expect an outdoor cover to be unable to withstand. That one was the lighter beige color, and tended to show mildew as well, but it was a different style that was MUCH easier to put on and take off, due to not being elasticized around the bottom. I never had any problems with it coming off even on windy days, so were it not for the fabric degrading so badly in a relatively short time, I preferred that cover to this one, which is really annoyingly difficult to put on unless your grill does not have shelves on the side that you have to pull it down over. It will remain to be seen how well this fabric holds up over time but it feels pretty much the same in terms of quality, so I'm dubious that I will get more than a year or two at best with this one as well.

It's Not About Perfect: Competing for My Country and Fighting for My Life
It's Not About Perfect: Competing for My Country and Fighting for My Life
by Shannon Miller
Price: $19.70
47 used & new from $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Upbeat for Me, March 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was fairly disappointed in this memoir. Sure, I was a big fan of Shannon's during her Olympic career and success, but I would have liked to read more about her difficulties in traveling that difficult, punishing early career, as well as her more adult challenges, like her failed marriage, and particularly her battle with ovarian cancer. As a women's cancer survivor myself (uterine) I would have liked to hear more about this but it really wasn't given all that much coverage in the book. It seemed almost like she wanted to avoid talking about the difficult areas of her life and focus on the successes, not too hard to understand, but unfortumately making for a less successful memoir.

Avery Durable Self- Laminating Business Cards Pack of 20, White (75361)
Avery Durable Self- Laminating Business Cards Pack of 20, White (75361)
Price: $14.10
13 used & new from $8.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited Use, Cumbersome to Laminate, March 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are okay for non-business applications where good results aren't particular critical but the process of 'laminating' them is cumbersome and easy to mess up, so not sure they are a good choice for business card use. Compared to using my true laminating machine, these adhesive sleeves are easy to get wrong and mess up the cards, wasting your printing. They also are only designed to be printed on one side unlike many business cards these days which have information on both sides.

Lyric 2619063 Chickadee Wild Bird Mix, 4-Pound Bag
Lyric 2619063 Chickadee Wild Bird Mix, 4-Pound Bag
Price: $8.98
3 used & new from $7.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mix, Good Price, March 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was very pleased with this mix, it had a good quality of different seeds and the birds seemed to love it, I got a wide variety of species including bluebirds, cardinals, titmice, finches, and of course chickadees. Price was reasonable compared to similar mies and the bag was easy to handle and shipped well.

Avery Clr Lasr Prnt Broch 1 Crd/sheet Glossy Paper Coated Mail Seals Incl
Avery Clr Lasr Prnt Broch 1 Crd/sheet Glossy Paper Coated Mail Seals Incl
Offered by Discount Groceries & More
Price: $0.99
19 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine for small printing jobs, March 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This pack contains sheet for 50 brochures, they definitely will only work well with laser printers, but the glossy paper really makes the colors pop well. They are lightly scored to fold in traditional brochure manner, but you need to make sure you get the sides printed correctly to make best use of these, since they don't fold well in the opposite direction. Avery's online designer is not a great choice for doing these, but they are easy enough to do in any desktop publishing software like MS Publisher.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20