Profile for Tia > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tia RSS Feed (akron, ohio)

HoMedics SS-2000G/F-AMZ Sound Spa Relaxation Machine with 6 Nature Sounds, Silver
Price: $19.99
20 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sound Machine for Sleep!!, October 27, 2013
I'd give this 5 stars but for 2 things. Before I get to those 2 things, I use the white noise to sleep and it's great! I had read some reviews that it said it 'repeated' but I do not notice that at all. The volume is good too. It's light weight and it has battery back up, which is a plus if the power goes out! Now the 2 things that prevent me from giving it 5 stars.

1. The shape. I understand it is made it be flat but if you're using this for sleep as I am, I want the speaker facing the bed not the ceiling. I have to have it sort of propped up against something, so it's standing and the speaker is facing the bed. If I leave it laying flat, most of the sound goes throughout the room and I want it directed to me.

2. The little green light denoting it's 'on'. But it's not even there to denote that it's 'on' because when you turn the volume low, but not 'off' the light goes off. I've just covered it with tape. It's pretty bright, but easy to cover.

ScientologyParent
ScientologyParent
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars $cientology Parent is an Oxymoron, October 27, 2013
This review is from: ScientologyParent (App)
If you're a $cientologist who wasn't forced to abort a wanted child as so many women in the Sea Org are made to do and end up with a baby, well this app will help you deal with the few minutes you're allowed to spend with that baby each week until that child is old enough to join the Cadet Org. Oh wait, they claim kids don't join that anymore, right, til the kid goes off to $cientology 'school' which is really just reading dictionaries. Google Laura DeCrescenzo and read about how as a 12 year old who was home sick for her mom $cientologist told her that was a CRIME! And when she got pregnant and wanted the baby she was forced to abort it. $cientology CARES about family!!! They CARE about children!! Only if the press/officials/public are looking they do!!

$cientology parenting is all about ensuring your child becomes a good little $cientologist who will either become slave labor for the 'church' or help raise the never ending need for money. If you suddenly realize what a terrible place that is for your children, your children will be cut off from you and you will denied contact with them! $cientology tears families apart with their disconnection policy. Read Beyond Belief by Jenna Miscavige Hill. The 'leader' of $cientology, David Miscavige, has had most of his family LEAVE the 'church' and he has banished his wife to who knows where and no one has seen her since 2007. The president of CO$ hasn't been seen publicly since 2004. David Miscavige's twin sister also hasn't been seen lately. People don't normally 'disappear' in churches.

$cientology is an odious cult that needs to be stopped. Hi OSA! It's me, Miss Tia! I'm everywhere!! :)

I'll Go Home Then, It's Warm and Has Chairs. The Unpublished Emails.
I'll Go Home Then, It's Warm and Has Chairs. The Unpublished Emails.
by David Thorne
Price: $17.96
50 used & new from $12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars This book causes PAIN! But it's a good kind of hurt!, March 31, 2012
I received this book Wednesday and read the whole book in one sitting. I was laughing so hard so much I pulled abdominal muscles and am still in pain Saturday! But it's a good kind of hurt. I have never laughed so hard reading any book ever.

Yes, there are a few things that have been on the website; but most of it has not been on the website.

I loved David's first book, but I think this one surpasses it in laughs per page. I highly recommend it---just make sure you are prepared for possible pain after laughing so much!!!

The Internet is a Playground: Irreverent Correspondences of an Evil Online Genius
by David Thorne
Price: $12.58
145 used & new from $0.28

5.0 out of 5 stars David Thorne Hits the Right Spots, May 11, 2011
I laughed, I cried, I had multiple orgasms. This book does it all. David Thorne knows how to hit all the right spots.

Westinghouse SK-26H640G 26" 720p Widescreen LCD HDTV
Westinghouse SK-26H640G 26" 720p Widescreen LCD HDTV
5 used & new from $124.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, January 14, 2010
The picture on this tv is great. It is also light weight. My issue is the volume. Even with the TV on full blast it was barely audible! I called westinghouse and they said for me to buy a home theater sound system. Uh, I just bought a brand new tv, should i not be able to HEAR IT without a sound system? It is packed up in the box and being returned today.

If you already have a home theater sound system, then this tv might be fine for you; but if you don't have one, i would not recommend it as you won't be able to hear the tv!!