Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for johnd3101 > Reviews

Browse

johnd3101's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

johnd3101 RSS Feed

Century Hydrocore Heavy Bag (X-Large)
Century Hydrocore Heavy Bag (X-Large)
Offered by Sports & Fitness Warehouse
Price: $147.50
5 used & new from $147.50

5.0 out of 5 stars What I love about the Hyrdrocore most is it's ability to bounce ..., March 4, 2016
The bag does exactly what it says it does. I received the bag in a very light box and immediately took it out to fill it up (leave space at the top so when you hit it water doesn't pop out). The XL weighs in at 90lbs actually but I didn't notice much of a difference in performance compared to a 100lb fiber filled bag. What I love about the Hyrdrocore most is it's ability to bounce back and also it's ability to stay balanced. I'll throw combo after combo at it and the water allows it to absorb the hit without it putting too much strain on the chains (my fiber fill bag would jerk a lot with heavy hits and the straps eventually would just come right off). My biggest gripe was that one chain was not straightened when the hanging ring was put on so once mounted the strap correspondent with that chain would instantly twist and throw the angle of the bag off (also a bit scary that the twist might make it tear quicker). The seller spoke with Century who said they would extend the warranty if the strap did indeed rip. I ended up actually removing the 1 mounting ring, straightened the chains and put a ring of my own on instead to be safe. My only worry at the moment is the bladder hangs on the bottom and there doesn't seem to be a cushion there to keep it from possibly just falling right through the bottom of the bag, however, I have abused the heck out of this thing and haven't seen any indication that it wouldn't hold up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2016 11:47 PM PST

LG Electronics PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Smart Home Theater Projector
LG Electronics PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Smart Home Theater Projector
Price: Click here to see our price
18 used & new from $1,015.66

5.0 out of 5 stars User of multiple projectors...just found his FAVORITE!!!, March 4, 2016
I've owned three projectors over the past few years and this is by far the best I've had. The competing unit I have is the Optoma HD141x and for a budget projector (Under 600 dollars) that thing is a beast, quiet, 3d, amazing picture, pretty good throw distance (was able to mount it 8 feet away and project directly onto my textured tan wall (I'm a renter...not my choice, lol) and get a gorgeous 82" picture. It was my baby...until I was blowing dust out of it (big mistake on my part) and ended up getting dust in the mirrors (which I tried to clean but never got back to 100%. That being said I decided to pull the trigger once I heard about this LG unit and buy it. I'm so happy I did. My game room has black out windows so there's no natural light in the room. With a 800 lumen light bulb in my ceiling fan, this unit performed quite well for me with the lights on and amazingly with the lights off. I was projecting first onto a textured wall so of course whites looked not so great showing all the texture in my wall and my wall is not "true" so there was also a curve in the picture. I resolved this with a trip to Home Depot and bought some materials for a 92" screen frame, then went to Joann and bought some blackout fabric in white and stretched it over the frame (about 30 dollars total). Immediately the picture was improved. It's absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't be happier. This unit has ethernet, wifi, bluetooth and more. The 3d is perfect, I have noticed no rainbow effect whatsoever and the colors and black levels are perfect as well. I will say, when in 3d with the dlp link, blacks do get a tiny bit washed, but nothing really crazy unless you try hard to notice (I was trying really hard to notice). Also the unit will freeze sometimes after playing movies with the usb (this was actually due to having too many folder levels so try to keep the movies on the main directory instead of in folders). The wireless display works amazingly, super quick with an Android phone and perfectly seamless with a laptop. Bluetooth took a bit of adjusting but definitely got the job done. About the fan....you can definitely hear it during quiet scenes in movies or games, but for me it really wasn't too bad at all (again, I only noticed when I actually decided to pay attention to it). Since the mirror and projection lens are exposed I did invest in a microfiber cloth and right now I'm using the sleeve it came in to keep dust off of it overnight (I would actually buy a dust cover for it if LG made one...hint hint...) Once the screen was mounted it did take me a couple hours to get the picture perfect (I built the frame with a slight angle on accident so that's mostly my fault) but either way you should definitely expect to be playing with it often unless you plan on ceiling mounting it. I absolutely LOVE the edge adjustment tool, it literally makes life so much easier. I connected a wireless living room keyboard to it (Logitech K830) and that worked with no problem at all as well (for web browsing, cursor movement, app logins, etc). It turns on quickly ( don't have to wait for the picture to warm up) and runs smoothly. I'll do my best to answer any questions for anyone quickly if you need.

iPazzPort 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Fly Keyboard with IR Remote and Backlight KP-810-16
Offered by Overstock Keyboards
Price: $16.99
5 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Most amazing device ever!!, June 28, 2012
This is my second one, since I dropped my first numerous times and it finally met its death at the hands of a ten foot drop onto concrete. That being said, after dropping it over 5 times, this thing actually holds up pretty well. The features are amazing. Light up keys with a time limit (then everytime you touch a key it comes right back on), Switchable motion controls (hold the remote vertically or horizontally and navigate), and the fact that it is compatible with plenty of devices as well (I've plugged it into my PS3, My WDTV Live to use as a replacement remote (plug the usb dongle into it and it navigates way faster than the stock remote), and even used it as a replacement remote for my car stereo (using the learning feature). This thing is great. I use it on my HTPC connected to my TV and everyone is like "That is so fricking cool" (when playing angry birds using the motion function and other games). This remote is a must have for anyone looking to surf from the couch. My kid loves using it to play those object search games on the TV too instead of a mouse. I have no complaints whatsoever, I just wish it came with a microphone so I could use it with Dragon Naturally speaking and be even more lazy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2012 5:19 PM PDT

Dell Inspiron Mini Duo 3487FNT Convertible Laptop/Tablet (Foggy Night)
Dell Inspiron Mini Duo 3487FNT Convertible Laptop/Tablet (Foggy Night)
3 used & new from $290.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Starts off slow but.....!!!, April 4, 2011
I am not a fan of DELL. In fact I think they make the worst products in the history of computing, but....I am impressed. The way this thing is put together is very well. The touch screen is perfect to the touch, even small things or using the screen to type. It is lightweight also. The hardware specs speak for themselves. Here's where people will get confused. The Dell software is horrible. Basically I uninstalled everything they preinstalled and then put what I wanted into it instead. When you first turn it on and try it, you may hate it, don't let the bloatware fool you. They packed this thing with so much crap that it has no choice but to lag. Uninstall it and VOILA! you have yourself an amazing tablet/netbook hybrid, I kid you not.