Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for R S Cobblestone > Reviews

Browse

R S Cobblestone's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2117

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R S Cobblestone RSS Feed (Honolulu, HI USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Face Paint Kit for Kids. X-Large Best Quality Face Painting Party Pack. 12 Colors, Glitter Gel, Brushes & Online Tutorial. Non Toxic Water Based. Enough For 100s Boys & Girls Faces
Offered by Blue Squid
Price: $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars What kid doesn't like face paints!, July 21, 2016
These face paints are vibrant, apply well, and don't crack immediately upon drying. As you can see, there is a good combination of colors, and the set is easier to use than my current system of having separate containers for each color.

Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product in return for an unbiased review.

Cbus Wireless Matte Finish TPU Rubber Gel Case / Cover for BLU Vivo 5 - Semi Transparent Black
Offered by Cbus Wireless
Price: $3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good "scuff" protection..., July 21, 2016
This case fits well, and you have access to all switches and the camera. It really is "scuff" protection, not anything more. As long as you understand this, you'll be satisfied.

Chums Neoprene Floating Eyewear, Eyeglass, and Sunglass Retainer (Black, 2 Pack)
Offered by Koala Lifestyle
Price: $15.95
2 used & new from $15.95

3.0 out of 5 stars What you need to know before you go..., July 21, 2016
Eyeglass holders are not that complicated. In preparation for an 8 day trip on a smallish boat, I wanted a pair that floated. Okay, these Chums are a well-know brand. Here's the rub... the operation of these holders is totally dependent on the shape of your eyeglass or sunglass temples (side/ear pieces). If the temples are thin, these Chums would fit loosely, perhaps making them prone to falling off. If thick, they go on tight. If the temples project out straight above your ear, the band will stick out past your head (and leaning against a headrest would push your glasses off your face). If the temples are directed downward, the band fits nicely against your neck.

Also, the band when connected has a rather small circumference. It may not fit over a hat onto your head, or will knock your hat off if you try to take it off over your head.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Everyday Kitchen Basic, Oven Mitt and Potholder Gift Set, Chicken Shape
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute hot pads/oven mitts, July 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Cute hot pads/oven mitts. These are a bit thinner than I expected, but as long as you are holding hot plates for the "regular" amount of time, no worries. Note the light color will show stains readily.

Pacific Legend Flamingos Hawaiian Shirt, Black (M)
Pacific Legend Flamingos Hawaiian Shirt, Black (M)
Offered by Bois Blanc Supply
Price: $23.80
5 used & new from $23.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Budget aloha shirt, July 19, 2016
This is my second Pacific Legend shirt. It's a rather stiff material. I like a softer, 100% cotton feel. However, the colors are vivid, the price is right, and it fits well.

*NEW* LifeProof FRE SERIES Waterproof Case for iPhone 5/5s/SE - Retail Packaging - TEAL (DARK TEAL/TEAL)
Price: $79.99

3.0 out of 5 stars "Full service" phone protection case? Time will tell..., July 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm going to keep using this iPhone 5SE case for awhile, including on a multi-day boat trip, and I'll update this review as I learn more about the capabilities of this product. For now, I have mixed feelings regarding this LifeProof FRE SERIES Waterproof Case for iPhone 5/5s/SE.

Installation: It's easy to install this case. Take off your old screen guard and case, wipe your screen with the enclosed lint cloth, and pop it in the "top" (front) of the case. Then, making sure there are no dirt particles on the o-ring, snap the bottom into place. Easy peasy.

Waterproof? The instructions ask you to check the case to make sure it is waterproof. You snap it together sans phone, and submerge for 20 minutes. Okay, but how the o-ring worked the LAST time doesn't give you an honest indication of how it is going to work THIS time. I've seen underwater camera housings, holding cameras worth thousands of dollars, get wet because a smidgen of the o-ring was compromised. Did the fact that it worked many times before help? Not when it didn't work, natch. I will never trust a "waterproof" case. However, I do note the larger o-ring for the case, the smaller o-ring for the audio feed port, and the rubber pad for the power cord as all looking good.

Issues: I normally have my phone set on vibrate. On a table, the iPhone makes a light vibration sound. This case is a teeny bit warped. Therefore, when the vibration goes on, it rattles even more. Thus, the vibration setting results in a louder vibration when your phone is on a hard surface. Also, the first time I wanted to open the panel to insert the charge cord, I took a dime and tried to pry it open. Surprise... it was the OTHER side of the panel, and I popped the whole thing off. This was almost catastrophic, but the hinge is like those littles hinges on a watch band, and I could reinstall it. Now I know. I just didn't pay attention when I first installed it. You need a coin if you ever want to remove the case, and I saw a coin-sized slot begging for my attention.

Finally, the case comes with an audio jack extension that screws in (so if it falls in water it won't allow water to enter). You don't need it unless it is submerged.

This is supposed to be a "full service" phone protection case. I'm not going to bounce my phone off the floor to check out the protective features. As I said, I'll update this review as accidents happen.

BLACK+DECKER TR2200SBD 2-Slice Extra Wide Slot Toaster, Black/Stainless Steel
BLACK+DECKER TR2200SBD 2-Slice Extra Wide Slot Toaster, Black/Stainless Steel
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This Black+Decker is a champ. Goodbye, Betty!, July 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One way to review a product is to test it head-to-head with another. So this Black+Decker toaster was tested next to my tried and true Betty Crocker wide-slot toaster.

This Black+Decker is a champ. Goodbye, Betty!

From first opening the package with its recyclable packaging, this new toaster has attractive lines and a distinctive look. The slots are wide enough for "home-cut" bread slices, and there is a nifty bagel function as well. The bread is heated evenly as the slices are held in place equal distance from the heating elements. Like most toasters, you can adjust the settings to get the toasty crispness you desire.

Seven Skeletons: The Evolution of the World's Most Famous Human Fossils
Seven Skeletons: The Evolution of the World's Most Famous Human Fossils
by Lydia Pyne
Price: $17.50

4.0 out of 5 stars What makes one fossil famous and not another?, July 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had a hard time deciding whether this was a 3 star or 4 star book. Seven Skeletons: The Evolution of the World's Most Famous Human Fossils, by Lydia Pyne, was well-written. However, it seemed to focus on the "famous" more than the fossil. Think how an article on Australopithecus afarensis - Lucy - would look if written for, say, People magazine! The book seemed more directed to discussing the people involved in the discovery and analysis of the fossils more than the fossils themselves.

The first issue is the selection of fossils as "the most famous." Pyne explains, "I've chosen to write the biographies of seven fossils that I feel tell us how scientific discoveries become written into popular culture and scientific ethos." I would have liked her to ask, say, some of the top paleoanthropologists in the world this question ("which seven fossils are the most famous"). I really wonder if most paleoanthropologists would agree with her choices (although I do think "Lucy" and the "Taung Child" would be on all lists).

Overall, this book was entertaining, easy to read, but not the reference for giving the reader a better understanding of human evolution, as well as the evolution of our nearest ancient relatives.

Prevai Extra Absorbency Protective Underwear, Medium, 20 Count
Prevai Extra Absorbency Protective Underwear, Medium, 20 Count
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Better for "light" use..., July 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Found a way to test these Prevails. Without going into detail (TMI), two points seem to be important.

1. You really have to think about which side is in and which side is out. Same for front versus back. It's weird that wearing them correctly is not intuitive.

2. It wouldn't hold a lot of liquid. I'd recommend for light, not heavy use.

BodyGlide For Her .8 oz
BodyGlide For Her .8 oz
Offered by BIGFLY
Price: $7.99
8 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Same superior quality you expect in a BodyGlide product!, July 10, 2016
This review is from: BodyGlide For Her .8 oz (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a big fan of the original BodyGlide. This is my second "For Her" container, and for the life of me I can't really tell the difference between the original and this "For Her' model. It applies easily and goes on without lumps and missed spots. I don't think there is an odor. But most of all, it works. I don't use this product on my feet for marathons, but it goes on the places where my arms rub my sides, my nips, and my (other) cheeks. Yes, that is too much information, but if you are a runner, you know what you need!.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20