Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now
Profile for danthebro > Reviews

Browse

danthebro's Profile

Customer Reviews: 70

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

danthebro RSS Feed (New York)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Mini Massager - Personal Massager - Handheld Waterproof Shower Massage - by Bella Home International
Offered by Bella Home International
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but don't let that deceive you, May 17, 2016
This product is pretty cheap and small for personal massages but don't let that fool you. It's the real deal and this was surprising considering the variables I just mentioned. It emits strong vibrations on the skin and throughout the exterior muscles within the area of usage and has a legit effect. After a few minutes of use I did in fact notice a decrease in stiffness in regards to my neck and shoulder. Application of batteries was definitely the primary con regarding this product obviously batteries can be expensive so to save money they did not include any so as a result you will have to supply your own. Not only is this annoying because I don't carry any usually but installing them is not easy. Unscrewing the top is tricky and I don't know if women or children could do this on their own. Hopefully they fix this later on but it could use a update. Other than that obviously just don't expect some deep acupuncture like effect. It's mainly used for surface muscles I don't consider that a negative because for 9.99 your ignorant to be expecting that. But overall it's colored nicely and can be put easily into a backpack it definitely works for minor injuries and for the price it's a good value. The box of this product is nicely decorated and labeled. Unboxing can be done very quickly which is definitely a bonus. There is a instruction manual in the box but I choose not to read it as I was moving back home from college at the time so time was of the essence for me and I did not have room for the product and the box in my suitcase. Moving on this thing is water proof and to test this I went into my shower with this thing and it did not break which was nice. I'm assuming that's why the cap was so tough to pull off. Batteries cannot have any contact with water or they will become useless. So to ensure waterproof they made that cap very very tough to pull off. The texture and feel of the device also changes once you enter the water. There is a reason the word shower is in the title of this product. It feels even better then when it's dry and the effects of the product improve. I'm guessing it has to do with the healing effects of warm water. They should make a 20 dollar version of this product where it takes one battery that it comes with, makes the cap easier to open and maybe make it deeper or something I don't know. Also another thing I noticed is a few of my friends were making comments on this product. They tell me they have never seen such a product. Not sure why not but I guess they are used to massage chairs and neck pillows and stuff. They just found it cool they you can massage any part of the body on the go so yea cool stuff. But let me stop rambling it's a nice product and you ought to try it. Thanks for reading my review.

I received this product from the seller at a reduced rate in return for a fair and unbiased review. I assure you this review would have been mutual if I did in fact pay full price.
Comment Comment | Permalink

iRULU WalknBook 3 10.1 Inch Notebook, Hybrid 2 in 1 Tablet PC, Microsoft Windows 10 Operation System, Quad Core, Detachable Keyboard (Dark Gray)
2 used & new from $135.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy Adversary To Surface Tablet, April 30, 2016
Length:: 11:38 Mins

If you were to look 5 years into the past $150 would get you in simple terms a potato. Honestly the fact that windows can run at all in this price is simply astounding. I'm no microsoft fan boy but you gotta give credit where it's due. Their surface tablet single handedly created this industry and for that I thank them. Anyway just because a company invents something that doesn't mean they rule over this product or industry forever. Competition will come in and force the company to innovate and expand. Microsoft ought to turn their heads and pay attention because this irulu tablet is a fine product and significantly lower price then any surface tablet microsoft currently offers. Alas there are other companies in this industry but i have yet to find a windows tablet device as nice as this one in the sub 200 dollar price range.'

WHY? You may ask well before I go into my full review let me share a couple of notable features

The Keyboard Attachment
This keyboard attachment microsoft would have probably charged 50 dollars more than the already higher price tag than this product. The fact it comes with a keyboard is really awesome but now to the keyboard itself. It really shines it’s not bad at all to be honest it’s quite good. It comes with a trackpad. Which is very rare for a product in this price range. Not only that but it’s actually executed quite nicely. The feedback when pressing is adequate and the right click recognized works well enough as well. Now on to the actual keys himself. Obviously you are going to notice the difference between your conventional laptop keyboard and this one. But once again I’m surprised as the quality is pretty good typing is not to hard even to learn but their are some downsides. Mainly with key positioning. The up and down arrows are all the way at the right end of the keyboard. I had to get used to that and also the delete button has a similar learning curve. It’s all the way at the end of the keyboard so you just have to get used to that. The reason this occurs is because the company has more of a express keyboard here than a fully featured one. They give you just what you need but luxuries like the number pad, addition and subtraction keys are not present. This is why the up and down buttons are so far down because these additional keys were removed. Obviously the size of the tablet is why this happened. I have a 15inch laptop so it’s not reasonable to expect a 10 inch tablet keyboard to have all the same keys. So I don’t really consider this a negative but just more of a noticeable factor you have to adapt to. But overall the keyboard attachment is pretty nice and FREE.

Windows 10
Yes for $150 you are getting fully featured windows 10 and I’m still in disbelief to this day. Which is why I throughly tested this thing and compared it to my gaming laptop as it completed various windows tasks. Downloading programs goes first. I downloaded ccleaner and it ran without a hitch, I downloaded Malwarebytes and it ran without hitch once again, I downloaded minecraft and well it do ok…. Remember this cpu is not meant for pc gaming as this intel cpu would not even be considered high end on android so just remember that because minecraft pc gave me about 10 fps. I than downloaded razor cortex to see if this would improve the fps and this program downloaded and worked with no problems. The results were miniscule as my fps went up to 12fps but that fact all these complicated windows programs worked in conjuction was a nice change to see. I than downloaded chrome and made it my featured browser and that worked. Chrome runs much faster than edge but I’m pretty you knew that already. But I’m glad that this device reacted mutually. Browsing on this thing is not to shabby overall. While it’s slower and takes more time than my gaming laptop it still loads web pages at a respectable pace. Also the settings appear to all be in tac and working as well. I tried accessing microsoft firewall and disabling a couple of programs via outbound rules and that worked, I tried connecting to wifi and that worked, I tired changing screen brightness and volume in the control panel and that worked. I tried downloading images, uploading to youtube plugging in a usb mouse and that all worked. The point of all this to prove that this is not just rom this is fully featured windows 10 and it’s really awesome. Now if my main laptop dies one day or maybe if it’s updating or something now I have a windows device as a back up untill I can fix my laptop so that’s really awesome.

Ok now let’s get to the rest of the review

Screen Size
Hard Drive
32 GB
Wireless Type
802.11bgn
Average Battery Life (in hours)
5 hours
DC
Voltage
110 volts
Batteries
Lithium Metal batteries required.

Unboxing/What’s In The Box

There are various layers of protection within the very colorful and vibrant box this product comes with. Within the depths you have obviously the presumably aluminum tablet which is indeed the main feature. After removing this you have a small rectangular box which contains your charging options. A wall adapter which has a micro usb cable coming out of it. This is a very interesting accessory. In my life I have never seen a wall charger with a micro usb cable coming out of it without an adapter which usually plugs into one of the sides so yea very weird. Also a fundamental and typical male to female usb cable is included. Unfortunately this cable will charge the device very slowly and if you are using the product will not keep up with the amount of power the device is drawing from the device. So essentially it is useless. But remember micro usb cables are universal so I will just use it for something else anyway. Booting the device for the first time you will see the irulu walknbook logo. I wonder what walknbook means not entirely sure. I guess it has to do with portability aspect of this product maybe? You will eventually meet your typical windows 10 boot screen after this. Windows 10 is kinda slow universally when it comes to first time setup so it’s not this product’s fault but still notable that it will take around 10 minutes for initial setup.

Battery
This product contains a 7000mAh battery that should last you around 5 hours based off the company's claims. After comprehensive testing I would say that numbers are reasonable. I have tried numerous programs on this device. Chrome, Minecraft, Malwarebytes and many more and some running at the same time. Still these numbers are fair as the battery never heated up either which probably aided the battery life I’m certain.

Camera
The company mentions dual camera which are around 2.0MP each after testing these camera while they do look better than the irulu camera of a tablet I reviewed for them previously still I believe they need some work. I’m aware of camera technology and the expenses of it which is partially why flagship smartphones cost $700 these days off contract but i wish they would improve them in the feature

Screen
The company suggests it’s around 720P and while 720p is not as high as 1080p still this screen looks very impressive for many reasons and comparable to the surface. Brightness is very good on this product so you will be able to see everything even when there is glare, Also the text just plain looks good and I don’t know if it’s additional software or not but the text on this thing is just very clear. Finally and this is a huge bonus but the screen is touchscreen. Browsing Windows with a touchscreen is awesome and it’s hard to type this review on my gaming laptop due to it having a touchscreen.

Pros
-Touchscreen Windows 10
- Affordability
- Free Keyboard

-Cons
-Sub 1080P
-Weak For Gaming
- No Pen/Stylus

Overall for $150 this product is an absolute steal!. I have definitely used this product more than any other product I have ever reviewed on this site. Windows 10 on the go is such an amazing feature for some reasons I hope I have covered in this review. Although this is not a replacement as a gaming device It’s still a wonderful backup computer that can be used in time of need or maybe if your on the go and still want windows and you got wifi this thing is really awesome. Really hope you liked this review thanks for reading.

Comment Comment | Permalink

2016 New 9.6" OctaCore Tablet Phone with Android Lollipop 5.1-IPS 1280x800 Display, GPS, Bluetooth, DUAL SIM, Unlocked worldwide -WHITE
Offered by American Pumpkins
Price: $129.99
2 used & new from $101.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper Alternative To Galaxy Tablet, April 22, 2016
Well I could be wrong on this point but hopefully I'm not because it's going to be my comparison for this entire review. Anyway the similarities are uncanny between this product the 2016 New 9.6" OctaCore Tablet Phone with Android Lollipop 5.1 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7-Inch Tablet. I mean the box both has this fake wood effect with a white tablet on the middle. Inside the box you have various cables including a white micro usb and charger, white screen protector etc. Both products are basically the same height and width and length and even similar smells. Even the specs on both products are kinda similar both have around 720p displays with decent battery, 2gb of ram, 16GB of storage and quad core cpus. The big difference between these two products is indeed the price and branding. What do you prefer the known brand with better customer service, more premium features or will you try this brand that provides nice value but not comparable customer service and accessories. Hopefully this review will help you determine if the 100 dollar reduction in price is worth the risk on this brand or not.

Specs

It features the newest MTK Octa-Core CPU, 2.0Ghz ,Google android lollipop 5.1 OS.It comes with 2G DDR3 RAM + 16GB phone storage This tablet pc includes a SD card slot which can support extra 32GB memory card expanding storage upto 48GB. Built-in Bluetooth 4.0 +GPS. Ultra-fast web browsing over built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n).

In The Box
This device is protected very nicely and contains mainly layers of protection and features. The cover of the box is painted with this fake wood effect. While noticeable is still preferable over a blank slate. The first thing you will notice when opening the box is the additional screen protector. You do not need to use this as their appears to be a screen protector on the tablet already which is a huge bonus many products are lacking. So put that screen protector to the side for future use or maybe if another tablet. The tablet is wrapped in this foam material that protects it nicely and shipping this somewhere should not be a problem. Under this is the instruction manual I will never read and the divider that has the accessories under it. Once you remove all this packaging you will see exactly what the accessories are. You get 1 usb to micro usb cable. This is extremely useful and permits use of various usb devices like mouses and keyboards. You also get your typical micro usb cable for charging and finally the wall adapter encase you don't own a computer.

First Impressions/UI Boot times
On this device booting up was very fast within 10-20 seconds I was on the home screen. This product does not have the most stock experience I have ever seen but considering it has sim slots and can be used as a phone this is to be expected. You have some custom animations on the home page and some bloatware like battery saver and flash player which doesn't work on android anyway. Still all things considered I would still classify this as a huge departure from from ios and touchwiz.. And don't worry that doesn't mean your missing your vital google apps like google play and gmail. Just click on the app draw icon on the bottom middle and it will transport you to a page where you can drag such apps to your home screen. The UI is also very responsive... To be honest i'm surprised how fast web pages load and how efficiently they handle. I guess that intel cpu is doing the job because it runs faster then my primetime phone at times.

Benchmarks
GeekBench 3 gave it 1178 for muiti core and 354for sing core. Is this amazing? No but this is stock android here and it's not meant to shine in benchmarks but when you get to real world use aka web browsing or computing this thing should have no problem.. I used to own a samsung galaxy s4 which has comparable benchmark scores. But don't be alarmed because touchwiz is a flawed UI that focuses on bloatware and other irrelevant characteristics. As a result that thing lagged way more then this thing ever had and samsung has been known to inflate benchmarks anyway... so just remember specs don't mean everything. I also used Vellamo Mobile Benchmark and used the metal setting. The results of this benchmark was 635 which is more powerful the the samsung galaxy nexus.

Battery
The manufacturer suggests this tablet should last around 7 hours of normal use. Obviously gamers are excluded from this statistic as those programs are require much more cpu and gpu energy. Overall I would say this statistic is accurate enough on average I got around 5-7 hours of usage depending on how much I needed from the device. As a side note I did put Modern Combat 5 on my tablet then leaving it run on my couch. It got around 4 hours before shutting off which is fine. Then I tried Asphalt 8 and got around 3 hours.

Camera

American Pumpkins states this tablet has a 5MP front facing camera and a 2MP back facing camera and I know you may be thinking it's crap and to be honest your not to far off. In low light it's absolutely bad and with light its not to bad but still it's kinda embarrassing. I know it's a tablet and taking pictures is not to big of a deal but still focus more on this next time. Anyway like most cameras adequate lighting during the day will assist your photos so just make sure you have light.

Root

This model is not rooted so if you choice to root be careful I do believe busybox appears to installed but root is not installed... If you go to XDA forums maybe you could enlist some help there but for now I was unable to root this thing safely. The company just confirmed for now you cannot root this so don't root it.

Screen

Overall the screen isn't half bad its not 1080p but that doesn't mean its necessarily a bad screen. I have seen much worse from galaxies when they over process the screen leading to pixilation and other bad stuff.

Pros
-Can be used as a phone
-Affordable much cheaper the galaxy
-Good Game Performance

Cons
-Below 1080p
-Low Benchmark Scores
-No Root

I gotta be honest before receiving this product my expectations were not to high but to be honest after having some time to analyze this product it's definitely a lot better then expected and the fact it's an american company should make you feel a little more confident encase of an issue. This thing is a great mid range tablet for someone who used a low end tablet and needs more power. 2GB of ram is a huge upgrade probably the most important thing on this entire device. So thanks for reading and overall I do think the price savings is makes this worth it in my personal opinion

Comment Comment | Permalink

GW SADES Arcmage Updated Version 3.5mm Wired Gaming LED Lighting Headset Over Ear Headphones with Mic for PC/Notebook/Laptop/Mobile Phone(Gold)
Offered by Gaming Winner
Price: $67.28
2 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable Yet Many Extraneous Features, April 21, 2016
The GW SADES Arcmage Updated Version 3.5mm Wired PC Gaming LED Lighting Headset Over-Ear Headphones are an interesting product. It's less then 20 dollars so what exactly can you expect from a product in this range? Honestly if you were to go to a store you would see some earbuds from big brands and maybe really cheap skull candies with absolutely 0 extraneous features. Even on amazon finding products that compare to this one is hard to find as it's very cheap. but let's see if this decision pays off..

Comfort
This product is unique compared to many other headphones I have reviewed in recent memory in regard to one feature. The head comforter was vastly different then your traditional product. Instead of having this squishy rubber like material that is not always effective unless you spend alot of money or have the movable side pieces this product has an adjuster which automatically expands as your head hits the piece. Their is definitely a learning curve at first as it was very tight and I didn't know how to move it. But eventually I figured it out and this became very effective. Easily becoming one of my most comfortable headphones I owned at the time of this review. Now for the ear pads once again they are above average. I'm not an expert at the materials used on earpads but they definitely seemed like a step up from other headphones at this price. It was not uncomfortable after long periods of use so that's a selling point. Well due to the movable head piece you obviously can't move the side pieces on this product as a result. Not a big deal just more of a learning curve.

Audio
Overall the audio on this product is fair and that's not too bad considering the price. Their is no audio boost which becomes apparent quiet quickly but at the same time it's pretty accurate in producing accurate sounding audio and music so overall it's not a bad compromise. Remember this product is a gaming headset so bass boost is not really necessary or affordable when you also have to worry about the microphone and the aesthetics. Their was also a little bit of static on very high volumes but still not to bad compared to skull candies I have in this price range

Microphone
This is probably the most debatable feature on this product. Yes at this price rage the company decided to put a microphone in the product which is interesting. How do they make money on this? not to sure but anyway what's my thoughts? Well it's not bad when it comes to vocal quality which is nice so when you actually hear me it sounds nice but this thing does have some problems in this respect. First it's a little quiet I wish it was louder I almost had to yell to get comprehensible audio and also thier was some background noise even though my room was quiet. It's not deal breaking but you must learn how to use the microphone correctly or your audio will be sub par.

Additional Features
At this price range what exactly should you expect in this category? Well it comes with some additional features like illumination behind the ear cups. This is a double edged sword though because to use the microphone and headphones you use an audio jack on your computer while the illumination requires you to use a usb port. Why not just use a usb port to begin with? Why makes us use two ports on our computer? Secondly like I said before the way the head piece moves to adjust with your head is really cool and I'm happy to see it in use. Finally let's describe the box overall it's a nice box that accurately represents the product and all it can do. The packaging was quiet simple and that's always a relief.

Overall The GW SADES Arcmage Updated Version 3.5mm Wired PC Gaming LED Lighting Headset Over-Ear Headphones are a good value for bargin hunters as you should not be disappointed with it as long as the price does not increase.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Headphones, Sound Intone I65 Headphones with Microphone and Volume Control for Travel, Work, Sport , Foldable Headset for Iphone and Android Devices (White/gold)
Offered by CRYSTAL SOUND
Price: $19.89
6 used & new from $15.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Formidable, April 7, 2016
I'll be honest the similarities between the I65 and the I68 headphones by Sound Intone are quiet abundant. So if you are somebody who follows my reviews then this review may sound a bit redundant to my review of the I68 headphones. But that doesn't mean these products are mutual as they do in fact have some differentiated characteristics. So this review will highlight some of those traits and go through meat and potatoes of the product. In my opinion the primary difference between the two products is the target demographic. This product is stylish with a white and gold facade definitely something presentable to the outside world. I could see many people using this in public especially in urban communities. On the hand the black and orange of the I68 is more suitable for gaming. The black and orange colors would be less accepted in the outside world but that doesn't mean you can't do it.

If you were to walk down to your local walmart or electronic boutique at this price point what you find is down right inferior to this product in every way. You have your feature striped basic skull candy headphones that are uncomfortable and contain no extraneous features, you have your beats earbuds that always fall out of your ear and obviously due to them not having ear cups no sound proofing occurs, finally you have your Sony headphones that promise alot but fail to execute on most of the promises. That's what makes this product so surprising it offers a nice amount of features and for the most part these features are executed nicely and considering the price tag it's definitely something to be considered.

Inside the box for this product it's relatively basic. You have the packaging the protects the product, some instructions and a warranty card that's really it. Obviously for a product in this price range it's industry standard to keep it simple so not surprising their. You won't find accessorizes like cup replacements or mic replacements. Like I mentioned before the reason why this product stands out in my mind is due to these features I was mentioning earlier. Now let's get right into it. The design of this product permits it to be folded in half like a book or a piece of paper. What this means is now when traveling it takes up half the space normal headphones do so if you have limited space this could really make a deference. Next is the braided wire for the price tag this is an anomaly. I do believe the purpose of this is to allow the wire to be much stronger and efficient then normal wire. You shouldn't have any problem in the short term with wires getting loose. Next is the Mic Remote. This is not as rare as braided wire but also not common either. This feature brings alot of versatility to the product. Now when watching videos or playing music you can pause and resume your media content with ease. This is especially helpful for products like ipod shuffles or other generic media players that lack screens or clear button layouts. Couple that with the cell phone button that helps manage calls and overall it's a pretty nice value. Also almost forgot the sound proofing. While it's not absolute I'd say around 25 percent decrease in background noise will be experienced when wearing this. It's definitely noticeable

Comfort
Overall the comfort for this product is satisfactory. The head strap is fine and allows moderate bending aswell as size adjusting for people with bigger heads. Add in the fact that the ear protection is above average and you will have no problem using this product for a few hours which is usually the case with gaming.

Audio
Overall the audio is also satisfactory. It definitely sounds better then anything your cell phone or media players speakers can emit. Remember this is not a bass boosting product so don't expect a resonator in here or something. For this price range I have no qualms with that decision to leave that out.

Specs
This phone should work with any device with a 3.5MM audio jack like Iphones, Galaxies, LG, Huwaei, Xiomi, Blackberry, HTC, Sony and many more. Here are some basic stats as well Driver: 40mm
Sensitivity: 103dB±3dB
Impedance: 32'±15%
Frequency Response: 20~20000Hz
Plug Type:3.5mm

Overall the Sound Intone I65 Lightweight Stereo Headset with Microphone and Volume Control is a good buy for anyone searching for headphones in this price range. It's definitely more stylish then it's I68 counterpart. Thanks so much for reading this review

Comment Comment | Permalink

Headphones, Sound Intone Comfortable Headphones with Microphone for Travel, Work, Foldable Headset for iPhone 6S Plus 6 5S, iPod, iPad, Samsung S6 Note 5, HTC, LG , MP3 Players (Gray/yellow)
Offered by CRYSTAL SOUND
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Considering The Price Tag, April 6, 2016

Inside the box for this product it's relatively basic. You have the packaging the protects the product and some instructions that's really it. Obviously for a product in this price range it's industry standard to keep it simple so not surprising their. You won't find accessorizes like cup replacements or mic replacements. Like I mentioned before the reason why this product stands out in my mind is due to these features I was mentioning earlier. Now let's get right into it. The design of this product permits it to be folded in half like a book or a piece of paper. What this means is now when traveling it takes up half the space normal headphones do so if you have limited space this could really make a deference. Next is the braided wire for the price tag this is an anomaly. I do believe the purpose of this is to allow the wire to be much stronger and efficient then normal wire. You shouldn't have any problem in the short term with wires getting loose. Next is the Mic Remote. This is not as rare as braided wire but also not common either. This feature brings alot of versatility to the product. Now when watching videos or playing music you can pause and resume your media content with ease. This is especially helpful for products like ipod shuffles or other generic media players that lack screens or clear button layouts. Couple that with the cell phone button that helps manage calls and overall it's a pretty nice value. Also almost forgot the sound proofing. While it's not absolute I'd say around 25 percent decrease in background noise will be experienced when wearing this. It's definitely noticeable

Sensitivity: 103dB±3dB
Impedance: 32'±15%
Frequency Response: 20~20000Hz
Plug Type:3.5mm

Overall the Sound Intone I68 Lightweight Stereo Headset with Microphone and Volume Control is a good buy for anyone searching for headphones in this price range. Also let me make clear that are multiple colors available I received the black and orange ones while I know for sure grey and yellow exists as well and probably others. Thanks so much for reading this review

Comment Comment | Permalink

10.1 inch [2GB RAM] 64GB Android 4.4 KitKat [Intel QUAD CORE] Tablet w/ GPS, IPS 1280x800 Display, HDMI, Bluetooth 4.0, full-size USB, WiFi, Play Store-American Pumpkins
Offered by American Pumpkins
Price: $239.99
4 used & new from $164.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitive Product, March 31, 2016
Length:: 3:58 Mins

If you haven't noticed the smartphone market industry in recent memory has been experiencing a Renaissance at least from the consumer's perspective. Typically this industry is dominated by a two way war. EX Blackberry Vs iphone or Galaxy vs iphone ETC. We have reached an era in the smart phone market where there are so many great choices it’s no longer simple when choosing a phone. LG, Motorola, Apple, One Plus One, Huawei, HTC, Asus, Nokia, Sony and many more. While in the tablet market this renaissance hasn't been perceived as greatly. The misconception that the Ipad and galaxy tab are miles beyond the competition is no longer true. The issue is honestly those are the only two tablets that comes to mind for most consumers.. I’m happy to say no matter how the tablet market is doing you cannot dispute American Pumpkin provided a very nice product here at a price that's pretty competitive and they achieved this by fixing many of the issues that have plagued previous models. At a price range of around $200 without a cell phone plan you could buy a Samsung Tab A or an Ipad 1 and these products have less ram, weaker cpus and I know for sure the ipad 1 cannot get ios 9 because I have one and it's basically a paperweight at this point... So who’s the underdog now? Because this thing stands up pretty tall but let’s get into the actual facts about this

Specs

Screen resolution 1280 x 800, RAM SDRAM DDR3, Hard Drive 64 GB, Wireless Type 802.11abg, Average Battery Life 8 hours,
Operating System Android 5.1 Lollypop, Item Weight 2.3 pounds, Product Dimensions 11.3 x 7.7 x 2 inches, Color Black, Rear Webcam Resolution 5MP, Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM, Audio-out Ports 1,

In The Box

The actual package was well protected and comes with many expected and unexpected surprises. Inside obviously the tablet was on top, then you had one surprise and that's a screen protector. To be honest this is something you don't usually see with many phones or tablets. These companies usually try to steal $10-20 on these goods but luckily in this case you get them for free. Their's a wall charger and a micro usb cable in the box so you have many ways to charge this puppy, the instruction manual was nice and finally probably the rarest item was a male to female usb cable. I have never seen one inside a tec device I purchased. Usually I have to buy it by itself and that's a really cool thing they did that by giving it you.

First Impressions/UI Boot times

On this device booting up was very fast within 10-20 seconds I was on the home screen and let me tell you something.. This is the most stock android I have seen in a long time. Literally ever page is blank expect for one clock widget. This is a huge departure from from ios and touchwiz.. And don't worry that doesn't mean your missing your vital google apps like google play and gmail. Just click on the app draw icon on the bottom middle and it will transport you to a page where you can drag such apps to your home screen. The UI is also very responsive... To be honest i'm surprised how fast web pages load and how efficiently they handle. I guess that intel cpu is doing the job because it runs faster then my lg g3 which has specs that far surpass this device but cost alot more.

Benchmarks

GeekBench 3 gave it 2104 for muiti core and 782 for sing core. Is this amazing? No but this is stock android here and it's not meant to shine in benchmarks but when you get to real world use aka web browsing or computing this thing should have no problem.. I used to own a samsung galaxy s4 which has comparable benchmark scores. But don't be alarmed because touchwiz is a flawed UI that focuses on bloatware and other irrelevant characteristics. As a result that thing lagged way more then this thing ever had and samsung has been known to inflate benchmarks anyway... so just remember specs don't mean everything.

Battery
The manufacturer suggests this tablet should last around 8 hours of normal use. Obviously gamers are excluded from this statistic as those programs are require much more cpu and gpu energy. Overall I would say this statistic is accurate enough on average I got around 7-9 hours of usage depending on how much I needed from the device. As a side note I did put asaphalt 8 on my tablet then leaving it run on my couch. It got around 4 hours before shutting off which is fine.

Camera

American Pumpkins states this tablet has a 5MP camera and a 2MP front facing camera and I know you may be thinking it's crap but look at the photo of the waterbottle and cetaphil. It looks pretty good to me I have no problems and is definitely comparable to the lg g3 camera in low light. Like most camera adequate lighting during the day is typically optimal for good photos.

Screen

Pros
-Stock Android UI
-Affordable
-64GB Storage

Cons
-Below 1080p
-Low Benchmark Scores
-No Root

iRULU eXpro X1a 9 Inch 8GB Quad Core Tablet PC, Google Android 4.4 Kitkat, 1024*600 Resolution, WiFi(Pink Rear)
Offered by iRULU
Price: $66.99
2 used & new from $43.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient Starter Tablet, March 22, 2016
The iRULU X1a 9 inch 8GB Quad Core Tablet is a part of a new generation of tablet striving to appeal to a cheaper demographic then ever before. Their's many reasons why this demographic exists and why they won't compromise. For poor people spending 4x the price on a tablet with similar on paper specs has high diminishing returns, Parents may not want to give their children phones because they believe their kid is not ready for it or maybe they believe the child will not take good care of the device so getting him anything to expensive is a waste and finally well you have me and a couple other people who simply are cheapskates and really know how to push the limit of any android device thanks to cyangeonmod, root, modding and much more. So no matter reason you've chosen when considering this tablet just remember this thing ain't a toy its android. Now to the details of this device.

Specs
For 45 dollars obviously you won't get octa cores and 4k displays but for the price the attributes are respectable.
Screen Size 9 inches, Hard Drive 8 GB, Wireless Type 802.11bgn, Average Battery Life 5 Hours, Operating System Android 4.4 KitKat, 1.6 pounds, Product Dimensions 9.4 x 5.8 x 0.4 inches, Item Dimensions L x W x H 9.41 x 5.83 x 0.43 inches, Rear Webcam Resolution 2 MP, Power Source DC, Quad core processor 1.3GHZ, 9" LCD capacitive touch screen; 1024 by 600 resolution, Dual Camera Front 0.3MP, Bluetooth

In The Box
The tablet comes in a well protected priority mail package with a elegant box that contains purely the necessities for the device. You will find a micro usb cable necessary for charging and connecting your device to a computer, 1 year warranty card, instruction manual which you will probably never read, obviously the tablet and the packaging and finally this feature is definitely a surprise. This thing has a pre placed screen protector. All you need to do is pull up and the screen protector is activated. Definitely not an industry standard and more of a luxury which considering the price of this item i'm very surprised to see this.

First Impressions/UI Boot times
Well turning on the device is not as fast as I would have like but it's still not bad. The iRULU logo with a song will play for around 30 seconds. I wish their was a way to increase the speed and more importantly reduce the sound because it plays a song which gets tiring after awhile. Obviously this is not a 200 tablet so some lag is present. It's not deal breaking but it's still noticeable probably around 1-2ms and a little more when it's under heavy direst. That doesn't mean the UI doesn't have some positives. Their are some unique features on this tablet that I simply haven't seen previously. If you drag from the top of your screen down obviously you've been trained to you see your notification bar right? Well on this tablet that law doesn't apply. Only dragging down on the left side brings down the notification bar while dragging down on the right side brings a settings bar which is pretty awesome, the file manager this comes with is also better then the typical stock android file manager, you have some iRulu apps like Irulu games which provides an alternative to google play just encase you don't have/don't want a google account. So no need to waste time and download aptoide or go to 4shared and get viruses.

Benchmarks
Well obviously for a tablet at this price range this really shouldn't be what you're focusing on..because let’s be honest it’s not too spectacular. Geekbench gives it around 300 single core and 900 mulit core but obviously I don’t think this tablet was made for hard core gaming anyway. This is going to be a device for your kids who wants to browse or play angry birds and you know what it does that.
Battery
Should get you around 3-4 hours of life. In this day and age it’s average for a tablet I recommend buying a portable battery for your devices so if you won’t be home all day it’s no problem.

Camera
Not bad not great like most budget cameras out there if you have a good light source your pictures are fine. Selfie camera is alright but nothing special.

Root
As of now there no safe way to root this device. If you use kingo root it will work but it will delete your data every time you turn on your device… That happened to me… so I had to get a replacement

Pros
-Unique features
- Affordable
- Good Customer Service

Cons
-Below 1080p
-Low Benchmark Scores
-Root? Not safe yet

Comment Comment | Permalink

Flymemo A9 HD 1080P MJPEG 2 inch LCD IP68 30m Waterproof Sports Action Camera DVR for Motorcycle Skating Diving Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Pro 1 Quality For 1/4 The Price, March 21, 2016
Well let me be frank before starting this review. This thing isn't going to be your final destination for a camera as it's far from perfect yet that doesn't means it doesn't accomplish anything. The same thing could be said about the go pro hero 1 and plenty of people still give that thing 5 stars and the sales figures are quite substantial so the comparison in my mind is definitely plausible. The biggest benefit of this camera is indeed the price... Their is no way around that for forty two dollars it's hard to find a sports camera that has as many accessories and does 1080p filming. So let's get into the details here. As you can see on the picture I've submitted. Hopefully it's live by now this thing comes with many accessories all which would definitely cost something if purchased separately. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them worked with go pros. I have a theory that go pro and these guys are using the same base factory or maybe their is no patent or something? Because these two products are very similar purely from an aesthetic perspective. Just encase it doesn't load the picture I'll mention a couple of the accessories. Their is a mini tripod like device, a wallet holder like device and well a hard shell that comes around the camera. Their are more but I don't think it's necessary to mention them all. At first removing the camera from the case is nearly impossible. These stupid arrows do a horrible job of explaining how to remove the case. You have to lift up and push the the other arrow and it's not clearly labeled. For some reason the seller asked me to use a knife to open it.. Not sure why PLEASE DON'T DO THAT. I had to look up on youtube a tutorial on how to open a go pro hero 3 case... and it looked exactly the same as this case... But overall other then opening issues I do believe the case is functional. One plus is the ability to film or take photos that's pretty cool I don't believe the original go pro had a photography feaure but don't quote me. Their are many resolution options for taking pictures. 5m, 7m, 8m, 15m and more.. I don't really understand the difference so I just choice the highest number... The battery on this thing is ok it should last you 1-2 hours which isn't bad. One HUGE positive is a rechargeable battery holy crap.. This is a big deal I no longer have to use a 100 batteries a year like i did with my flip camera in the past I mean the quality on the flip was better but still it's cool having these feature regardless. In terms of filming you have 720p 30fps and 1080p 15fps which is disappointing but not deal breaking. Generally I used 720p as 1080p 15fps is unusable for my purposes. Unfortunately this thing does generate some background noise from the internal processor... It's annoying but not deal breaking but still noticeable.This thing is going to require you to use a micro sd card as it contains 0GB of on house storage. I'm not saying this is surprising but still a little annoying like the noise issue. Another notable quality is the drastic improvement of quality in daylight gotta be honest at night time this thing does not look plesant to put it gently.. Like most cameras daylight seems to be friendly to these devices. When it's daytime you should notice better quality then indoors or at night so beware of that. Overall if this thing was the same price as a go pro I would have given this 1 star but.... At this low price the fact this thing even turns on would be an accomplishment. So yea if you physically cannot spend more then forty five dollars then this isn't a bad option. As a go pro hero 1 is not worth four times the value of this maybe 2 times at most.Thanks for reading this review

Best Activated Charcoal Odor Eliminator Bag By Sagano - Utilizes Powerful and Natural Activated Charcoal to Keep Your Home Fresh and Healthy - Car Air Freshener and Pet Odor Remover - 200 Gram Bag
Offered by Premier Home
Price: $9.85
12 used & new from $8.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Small Yet Extremely Effective, March 19, 2016
Gotta be honest odor is a problem I've had to deal with my entire life. No matter where I am it could be my college dorm, parents’ house, frat house or my apartment. There’s always something causing some trouble... I suffer from hay fever and asthma so I cannot simply ignore these various scents coming from sources like drugs, mold, smoke, food and more because they make my conditions worse. I have known

many people over the years who do this but it's simply unacceptable in my opinion to live in a smelly house especially when you’re not poor which I'm not. So over the years I have tired many solutions to these smells and overall my results were far from successful. I tired removing the carpet from my room which was a very physically exhausting process. You have to move all your furniture and items to one

corner of the room and cut the carpet down to pieces. The amount dust located within the carpet, under the carpet and around edges of the carpet where the furniture was located was unbearable. My room became a dust trap and the worse part about it was the fact that the smells emanating from my room remained mostly present after this process. My next step was excessive vacuuming. I tired many models from

electric, by hand, those ones with the hose and many other ones. I thought maybe the remaining dust was the cause but after I did a full sweep I realized dust was not the main culprit. After this juncture I became desperate for a solution like most people I value my heath way more important than capital invested. So I decided to spend big bucks on an air filter. It was a 5 in 1 Germ Guardian Air Filter with a light that

supposed to kill odor and do all of this amazing stuff due to this advanced tec they use. I spent over 150 dollars and you know what... this thing did nothing for my problem. My room still stunk maybe the air quality was a little better but my room still stunk and I haven’t replaced the filter for this thing because it's useless and not worth my time. Since this time which was around June and I was going to college soon. I

gave up and moved down stairs until I finally went up to college in August. I just came back from college recently for spring break and this dilemma once again presented itself but this time I had acquired some Intel on the situation. I'm not the only person on earth suffering from this. That may be the only thing I learned in college this semester for reasons I rather not mention. Anyway somebody suggested I try these

odor elimination bags. I was skeptical for sure because let's be honest I spent all this money on a filter right? And nothing changed so how
could a relatively cheap deodorizer with natural ingredients do anything special? Thankfully the company gave it to me for a discount because I'm not sure if I would have gotten it otherwise.

But it's been a few days since this thing has arrived and I gotta be honest it's done a better job than a 150 dollar air filter at a fraction of the cost. I'm not saying it's perfect because the smell is not completely gone yet but people say if you give it a couple of weeks it gets closer to over 100 percent. Overall I'm very happy with this thing even if its not perfect it deserves 5 stars due to the fact it's more effective then

products that are much more expensive. Just make sure you give it some sunlight there is natural bamboo in their so remember what you learned in school. Plants go through photosynthesis and turn sunlight into glucose for energy purposes. So as long as you remember the principle and feed the plant it will reward you exponentially. Also remember this thing doesn’t live forever it should last around 2 years so just

be aware of that. Overall this product is definitely worth your time and in regards to the question on how many you need. If you are putting this in a bedroom, car or closet one is sufficient. But if you plan to put this in a kitchen or den try using 2 or more. Thanks so much for reading this review

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7