Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Corbin > Reviews

Browse

Corbin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Corbin RSS Feed

BenQ W1070 1080p 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
BenQ W1070 1080p 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
Offered by Nexit
Price: $839.99
16 used & new from $630.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 14, 2015
Finally have some time to enjoy the setup with different inputs. First of all, I have this installed in my basement with little to no natural light so its about as ideal as it could be without building your own room. I made the screen myself with the Blackout cloth you find here too. Frame was done with home depot supplies and online tutorials. I have a 122" screen mounted and the projector ceiling mounted. Already had a nice stereo to accompany the setup so its all finally finished.

First of all, I like the menu. The customization options are very deep when it comes to picture, color options, etc... There was a section in the picture menu where I could adjust the reds, greens, blues individually. Didn't dive too much into the picture settings because I really just wanted to tone down the warmness of the picture. The remote is sick too, lights up red and is nicer than any remote I've had for other components.

The adjustments on the unit are straightforward and allow you to hop into fine tuning the projected image immediately. No issues there.

Solid build quality, it is a very nice looking machine.

The picture:

I use a PS3 for indie games and a Macbook Pro for most everything else. I have our DirecTV contract on hold right now because NFL is over, but in a few months I will update my review with the picture quality of DirecTV. If the PS3 is any indication of how sharp the DirecTV will be, then this thing will satisfy any consumer.

I was playing Helldivers on PS3 last night and I'm still thinking about how good everything looked. The menus, gameplay, everything was CRISP! The colors were incredibly vivid. There is a lot going on in that game so I was looking for blur or motion issues. I played for 3 hours straight and could have played more. My eyes feel good and I don't have a headache from looking around the screen during gameplay.

I checked out a throw distance calculator and built my screen with recommended dimensions for an 11.5' throw distance. 106" x 60" screen, but I'll but a 1" border around it to finish up the job

I know I'm rambling about this but really what it comes down to is that I didn't expect a projector to look this good on this size of screen. I am completely satisfied with the quality of the image. Plus the fact that I just put in a 122" screen in my basement for less than $1k, would make me ok if the image wasn't as high def as my LED LG flatscreen I moved to the bedroom.

I highly recommend buying this unit. I've already sent it to two of my buddies who are interested in building their own projector setup.

Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Sunglasses,52 mm, Matte Black Frame/Blue-Grey Polarized Lens
Price: $142.50
19 used & new from $135.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, October 22, 2014
Way too small of lenses for my wife. She has a small head to so I

Nike Men's Air Max+ 2013 Armony Navy/Gamma Blue/volt Running Shoes 10.5 Men US
Nike Men's Air Max+ 2013 Armony Navy/Gamma Blue/volt Running Shoes 10.5 Men US

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Comfy and nice build, October 22, 2014
A little too much going on to be true running shoes, but I didn't buy them for running, I bought them for comfort and that they are.

Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress, King
Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress, King
Price: $649.99
2 used & new from $649.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife and I are two different types of sleepers and we both love it. One of us is hot while the ..., October 22, 2014
Haven't slept through the whole until we got this bed. My wife and I are two different types of sleepers and we both love it. One of us is hot while the other is cold, one tosses and turns while the other stays in one spot. Definitely a great purchase.

Lavievert Ultrathin Snug Fit Sleeve Soft Neoprene (Water Resistance) Laptop Notebook Bag Case Sleeve Cover for 15" Apple Macbook Pro / Macbook Pro with Retina Display and Most 15-15.6 Inches Ultrabook / Notebook / Laptop - Black
Offered by Lavievert
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit Apple product, October 22, 2014
Does not fit 15" Retina MacBook Pro at all, too big. Not thick material, cheap feeling and low quality. What do you expect for $10?

Avoid!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2015 2:57 AM PDT

VideoSecu ML531BE TV Wall Mount for most 22"-55" LED LCD Plasma Flat Screen Monitor up to 88 lb VESA 400x400 with Full Motion Swivel Articulating 20 in Extension Arm, HDMI Cable & Bubble Level WP5
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Quality for the Price, December 19, 2012
I purchased this wall mount over three years ago and I have held onto it because it just plain works.

Once you've set the angle of the arm, you can be rest assured the mount securely holds your tv and feels snug when you move it from side to side.

A couple of must-do-firsts...

Find a stud, pretty obvious.

Cinch up the arm with the supplied Allen wrenches so you don't have a tv that droops over time. I did not securely tighten the angles of the arm and it can cause issues with the arm and connecting plate.

Those are pretty obvious.

I was not expecting the build quality to be as sturdy as it was and it was a reassuring surprise that my tv won't snap the thing and I'm out a wall mount AND a tv.

Included are a fair amount of screws and bolts to accommodate most any tv on the market so you won't be stopping st your local hardware store before your start working on mounting your flat screen.

I only mounted a 32" LCD, but the thing manhandled the TV and I wanted to try my wife's 40" but we can't put any more holes in our apartment.

KEF C5 Floor Standing Speaker (Single, Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
KEF C5 Floor Standing Speaker (Single, Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Son of an Audiophile, December 15, 2012
I purchased these because my father always has high quality floor standing speakers that he buys and sells. I have owned these for a couple years now and am currently trying to purchase the rest of the matching spearers so I can have them for the future. I want matching bookshelf speakers to accompany this set of floor standers. The best part about KEF, is they offer two sizes of floor standing and book shelf speakers with two price levels. If you want to spend a little more and get louder speakers, thats an option, but entry level, the lower models should be plenty.

I have been in an apartment since I bought the C5's and can't wait to move into a house where I can unleash them. They have been broken in perfectly and I am constantly trying different audio sources, blu ray, computer, ipad, ps3. Each time a media has audio tuned to take advantage of my yamaha HDMI receiver spitting the digital signal to my speakers, I revel in their ability to tune the sound just right. Good deep bass, I have it turned down. Excellent clarity between noises, it has incredible surround sound ability even through two channel!

LIke I said, I am trying to afford the other speakers so I may have a complete set of these excellently crafted, entry level speakers. Audiophiles may be able to pick them apart because the casing isn't worth more than the components, but these speakers will never wishing you had more noise. Very clean sound, and awesome look, the basic, clean black is attractive and won't look flashy.

CTA Digital PS Vita Hand Grip
CTA Digital PS Vita Hand Grip
Price: $12.39
98 used & new from $10.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, September 16, 2012
I have had quite a few longer game sessions using this grip and am very happy with the purchase.

The price was misleading because this is a quality build with the right molding for a very smooth and comfortable grip.

Speck PixelSleeve for 11-Inch MacBook Air / Ultrabook - Black (SPK-A0230)
Speck PixelSleeve for 11-Inch MacBook Air / Ultrabook - Black (SPK-A0230)

5.0 out of 5 stars Macbook Air 11" very snug, exactly what I wanted, August 1, 2011
I bought a new 2011 macbook air 11" and wanted a case that was made for the dimensions as exact as I could find. I also didn't want zippers, odd I know, but my idea was to keep anything from scratching my brand new computer as it is the first I have bought in a long time.

This case seems to be manufactured exactly to what I had in mind. Excellent size, no sliding from the computer inside. Great texture for grabbing and holding. Doesn't attract TOO much dust and crap but what isn't going to? getting the Air in and out isn't tough without zippers, and I prefer the flap mechanism because I wanted to be able to charge the computer without taking it out of the case all the way.

UPDATE: This is a durable case, I have had it for over a year and there are no signs of wear and tear yet.

If you bought a 11" Air, get this case, it was designed perfectly for it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2011 8:46 PM PDT

Cable Matters Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ 2 Port Compatible) to HDTV Cable in White 10 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $21.99
15 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for newer Mac computers, August 1, 2011
I bought this for my 2011 Macbook Air 11" with the idea that I could buy one cord, no adapters and carry it with the computer to hook up to any HDTV and have video and audio with one cable.

This worked perfect and is above and beyond a better setup than the $30 adapters plus cables from Apple.

hooked up perfect to my wife's samsung 40" 2009.

I bought a new yamaha HDMI receiver with specific intentions of moving any and all audio/video equipment through it. This cable is the IDEAL setup for anyone who likes their computer hooked up to their stereo/HD TV.

Great price, great quality, very, very happy it did what I planned for it because we all know how it feels to buy something and find out you still need more cables.

I bought a second cable, exactly the same seller and item, for traveling now that my home system is hooked up.

UPDATE:

My second cord is a POS. It seems from the comments on my review, there are some others who have received bad cables as well. I am dropping a star for this reason.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2012 2:10 AM PDT