Profile for dra > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dra "dra" RSS Feed (IL)

BRS Physiology (Board Review Series)
BRS Physiology (Board Review Series)
by Linda S. Costanzo PhD
51 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A good little REVIEW book, November 29, 2011
This book is a good review book. However, I have to stress that it's a REVIEW book. It's not a book that you can just read and learn the material. There are not a lot of explanations, so don't expect that this book will give you a greater depth or knowledge on something (that is why I only gave it 4 stars). The good thing about this book is that there are lots of tables and lists that will help you get the bigger picture. However, if you are in the market for a review book with great practice questions, then this is the book you want to buy. At the end of each chapter, there are 30-50 practice questions with great explanations. (The author of this book, Costanzo, helps write the Step 1 questions.... so this is really good practice!) Overall I think it's good investment, especially for the practice questions.

Rapid Review Gross and Developmental Anatomy: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 3e
by N. Anthony Moore
Price: $35.78
53 used & new from $17.59

5.0 out of 5 stars great review book!, November 29, 2011
I am an M1 student taking Gross and Developmental Anatomy. I wasn't in the market for a review book until another student told me that this review book saved his life. I decided to get it, since it wouldn't hurt to have something to skim on my commute. I am so glad I bought this! I ditched Gray's and I pretty much just studied off of this book and a review guide. This book is great. It has tons of clinically-relevant situations and explanations (which my professor loves to test on), it's easy to understand, and the chapters are not too long (if they were super long, then I would might as well read Gray's) but not too short (I get all the info I need). I recommend you get this book... you won't regret it!

Mama Might Be Better Off Dead: The Failure of Health Care in Urban America
Mama Might Be Better Off Dead: The Failure of Health Care in Urban America
by Laurie Kaye Abraham
Price: $11.94
114 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars eye-opening book. Must read!, July 6, 2011
I am an entering medical student and I am required to read this book before the first day of class. This book is so eye-opening to the injustices that people in poverty face on a daily basis in regards to our health care system, that I believe that EVERY medical student should read this book before they begin their education. I truly believe that having read this book will better prepare me to serve those in need and be more aware and sympathetic to people's situations. I know that there are many holes and gaps in our health care system, but I now have a better understanding of them, and that is the first step. This book put real faces to real situations, stories, and problems. I recommend that everyone who is interested in learning how to better accompany those in need to read this book.

Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
Offered by Sara’s e-Shoppe
Price: $88.75
8 used & new from $87.99

3.0 out of 5 stars ehhhh. it's ok, I guess., April 24, 2009
I bought the Omron HJ-112 pedometer about a month ago because I had lost my pedometer about 6 months ago. My last pedometer was a cheaper one (around $12), it worked fine, but the clip wasn't strong enough so I lost it on the train one day. I set out searching for a really good one for a great price, and found this one. I was looking for one that had a strong belt clip, was not bulky, and was accurate. The reviews for the Omron HJ-112 were great; it seemed to be a good brand, it has cool extra features (time, calories, 7-day memory) and I was getting a great price for it. So I decided to try it. The clip is pretty good and pretty strong, and the security strap holds on really tight. I have tried it in multiple ways: on the belt/pant, in a pocket, and in a backpack/purse. I'd have to say that the belt/pant way of using it is by far the most accurate (although I'm still not very impressed by its accuracy... my old $12 pedometer was probably more accurate), and the backpack/purse method is the worst (it hardly counts anything). I had read in previous reviews that this pedometer seemed to not count enough or count too much. Well, it does both. It seems to count when it feels like it, and when it does, it counts way too many steps. Then when I've been walking forever, it counts too little of steps. Overall, I love the belt clip and security strap and the fact that it has a 7-day memory in it, but I'm overall not impressed. Go with the cheaper $12 ones. I will next time.