Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Jadis > Reviews

Browse

Jadis' Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jadis RSS Feed

Triquetra Herb Cupboard
Triquetra Herb Cupboard
Offered by divineproducts
Price: $29.76
8 used & new from $23.96

2.0 out of 5 stars its pretty much splinter city, February 9, 2015
This review is from: Triquetra Herb Cupboard (Kitchen)
I just recieved this today and its atrocious. The metal parts are all rusted. The wood inside the cabinets was not sanded, its pretty much splinter city. I also understood that this was small but i cant even fit a small baggy of powder in here without it taking up mucho space. yeah really bad quality.

Witches Tarot
Witches Tarot
by Ellen Dugan
Edition: Cards
Price: $24.17
59 used & new from $16.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a witches deck i can relate with., October 18, 2012
This review is from: Witches Tarot (Cards)
This deck is pretty fabulous. I was very iffy on getting this deck mostly because I heard and saw that the authors face was on one of the cards. I think it is wonderful that Ellen felt confidant enough to put herself on one of the cards and I definitely think thats cool, the only thing that makes me uncomfortable is im always afraid that when i read the card ill see her face and it will disrupt my flow because instantly im gonna think "oh hey its the author!" instead of getting right to the meaning of the card at the time. I also heard she modeled some of her friends and family into the deck as well and I also think that's pretty neat. I wish I was in a Tarot deck! To me it is also very personable and I love that about Ellen's work, i never feel like she talks down to people in her books and that carries into her Tarot deck as well. If there is one thing i can not stand is when I read someone who comes off as better and more powerful/all knowing than you are. I like to feel like I can talk to the author and Ellen is one of those authors I would recommend for that touch.

The art work definitely pops in some areas especially with the black borders and I love spotting all the occult/wiccan symbols. It kind of brings and ah ha! moment to your reading when your more pagan/wiccan oriented. I don't think the art work is really all that bad I think it brings something to the table and it can be quite beautiful.

Overall im glad i took a chance on this deck, it is the first witchy tarot that really struck cords with me and I congratulate Ellen on her success as an author and a Tarotist. Get it girl!

Resident Evil 6 Archives -Xbox 360
Resident Evil 6 Archives -Xbox 360
Offered by advancedmercantileLLC
Price: $47.83
34 used & new from $12.47

3.0 out of 5 stars the game is ok but its way too cinematic at times., October 5, 2012
So ill start off by saying i dont agree with all the major reviews giving this game a horrible score. it isnt really that bad. But its not all that great either. I love the story and how it is expressed but im not super impressed with the gameplay. My first complaint is with the quick time events. there are way to many of them. The way they implemented them in 4 was fine and it worked but the way they included them in this game does get in the way of enjoying the game. in fact id say these "events" are a lazy way to cut down play time. Just let people work out what to do like the old school RE games. Also these quick time events can seem super human sometimes. It just sucks when you have to spend a half hour trying to hold in x at the right moment guitar hero style because you have to progress a boss battle. Not super fun. I love the character choices and how the stories overlap but this online everything crap has to stop with this franchise. i dont think it works all that well. resident evil was never made to be multiplayer in any way it was about the story. I know the franchise is evolving but the online multiplayer modes once again detract from the overall story. the game could have been longer and bigger. The campaigns are only really 5 long levels average wise. when all is said and done when i finish this game there is not much to come back to. Overall all i say quit it with the quick times, go easy if at all on the online multiplayer and focus more on what made the franchise great! Let players figure stuff out, let them play most of the time and not just some. In the end i felt like i was playing a movie and it was a pretty good movie but not worth my sixty and change.

Silent Hill: Downpour
Silent Hill: Downpour
Offered by Hitgaming Video Games
Price: $19.99
157 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is a throwback to the older better silent hill games., April 11, 2012
This review is from: Silent Hill: Downpour (Video Game)
There seems to be two camps in regards to this game. People who absolutely loved it and people who seemed to hate it with a passion like many of the critics. I fall into the category of love it. The reason why is because it reminded me so much of the older silent hill games especially 1, 2, and 3. The reason being it was genuinely scary for me. you never knew what was going to happen next like an enemy dropping down on you to knock you down or any of the scary little extras they put into the enviroments. I loved the side quests and thought they were an ingenious way to allow us to put more time into the game. Now one of the major complaints is the clunky combat. I say its clunky for a reason. Remember they were aiming for survival horror not another silent hill 5. It reminded me of the older games in the series because it was suspense laden. Alot of the same people ragging on downpour ragged on silent hill 5 because the main character was too combat ready and they thought it detracted from the feeling. Well heres what you asked for and still you complain about it. Combat was just as clunky in 1, 2, and 3 and yet this one is worse off because of it? The original team for silent hill is gone and i think people need to embrace change and let other people throw their ideas in. Not everything has to be the same as the original games and I for one appreciated this one. You can tell they were very respectful to the lore of silent hill and the story, for me, was amazing. Give this game a chance it wont hurt you. Especially if you liked the older silent hill games.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Xbox 360
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Xbox 360
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $8.00
236 used & new from $1.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Being different is no excuse for horrible gameplay, March 22, 2012
As I was playing this game the only thing I had to say was why did they make this? The AI is horrible, I have never seen anything like it. The enviroments are super bland and yes this is a crime against resident evil. I understand that this is not tied in to the main resident evil universe and thats totally fine however, if you are going to call yourself Resident Evil in any fashion you should respect how the past games were made. You can be different but still be respectful and I really think this game kind of spits in the face of RE fans. The campaign was pathetic and multiplayer was ok however, it still carries many of the same problems from the main story line. This game had so many things going for it but it just failed and it is hard not to notice that this game is obviously a sales tactic and was meant to keep resident evil titles fresh until RE 6 arrives. That tactic failed for the majority of us. I will wait until a real resident evil comes out to play again. This game has no business calling itself resident evil. Make a game with zombies by all means but don't disgrace yourself by riding the coat tails of a franchise.

Dark Souls - Xbox 360
Dark Souls - Xbox 360
Offered by goHastings
Price: $27.01
37 used & new from $9.00

2.0 out of 5 stars the most dicriminating game ive ever played in my life., October 10, 2011
This review is from: Dark Souls - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Since everyone else is talking about the difficulty I will just say this. This game is way too hard end of story. Read the other reviews to understand whats going on with that section of the pond. My general fusteration is with the magic classes. Every good RPG has a couple of magic classes and this game includes them however your limited to the number of times you can use magic. This means that it forces you to get up close and personal with enemies which is ok for a little bit but if you run out of magic in this game your done until you reach a bonfire which can take forever. This game forces you to be a warrior in some fashion and that just doesnt work with me because I don't like to play with warrior classes. Why not just include a mana bar and a way to refill your magic other than a bonfire? This game is already hard enough why make it harder for people who dont want to go in swords swinging? I will be using this game for credit towards probably Skyrim.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2011 7:24 AM PDT

Alice: Madness Returns - Xbox 360
Alice: Madness Returns - Xbox 360
Offered by Shopville USA
Price: $21.95
115 used & new from $12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Time to put your blade to work Alice., June 14, 2011
I will first start off by saying I was a huge fan of the prequel. I was super excited to not only find out they made a sequel but they also put it out on the Xbox 360. I had to reserve this game and the wait was excruciating. When I finally sat down to play it today I was taken back. I love all of it. I am very happy with the purchase I made with this game. It is amazing. Now I do have a problem and it's with people who review games and give them unfair scores. They do this because certain games don't fit in with the more popular genres. In short they aren't clones. Alice is one of these games. I got a copy of game informer in the mail just recently and they gave it about a 6.50-75. I won't lie this scared me a bit. When I read the article however something became clear to me. They were trying to compare this game with all the popular gaming styles of today. One thing they apparently missed was this was not another "Gears of War" "Oblivion" or "Fallout 3" clone. It is almost like you want to see a movie really bad and then Ebert gives it a bad score. You still go see it and you wonder what the hell were they on when they wrote and spoke that review. Most games these days don't have anything of substance to them. It's all about how much you can kill and are the graphics next gen. It's my belief that many gamers today are spoiled and only expect the vanity in games. This game does not disapoint but because it was a little different it automaticaly gets a bad score from others. Play this game and ignore the bad reviews you wont regret it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2011 12:42 PM PDT