Profile for JulieRez > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 393

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JulieRez RSS Feed (Ayer, MA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
IZENGATE Samsung Galaxy S5 Executive Premium PU Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Folio Stand (Deep Rose Pink)
Offered by JYZ Wireless
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars leave your big purse at home, April 15, 2015
Love it. I bought this for those times I don't want to lug around a whole purse and really just want to bring my camera, id and a credit card. this wallet is the perfect size and fits 3-4 credit cards plus cash and the phone. There are 2 small cut outs in back so the camera lens and microphone poke out the back, making it easy to play songs or take pictures without removing the camera from it's case.

My Sweetest Escape (Hqn)
My Sweetest Escape (Hqn)
by Chelsea M. Cameron
Price: $8.16
55 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars good characters, ok story, January 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the second book in its series, but really works just as well as a stand alone story. There wasn't connection with the characters from the first book that ties this into any comprehensive series. The story was ok, plot was kind of predictable and the big climax was nothing special, and was resolved immediately. The lead characters were well written though and that was able to carry the story. This definitely reads as more of a YA novel and the characters are every bit the college age they are written to be. Don't think I would read another book in this series, but I do like the author and would check out some of her other stuff

Outray Women's Winter Warm Keepers Cashmere Gloves D24 Black
Outray Women's Winter Warm Keepers Cashmere Gloves D24 Black
Offered by Outray

2.0 out of 5 stars gloves are cute but very thin, January 2, 2015
gloves are cute but very thin

Flying
Flying
by Megan Hart
Price: $10.14
58 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars snooze-fest, January 2, 2015
This review is from: Flying (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While I didn't hate the story, I just didn't find anything more to it than what you read in the synopsis. So Stella has a secret sex addiction, leads a double life, feels empty inside, blah blah blah. Then along comes Matthew to take her away from all of that. She finally finds a connection... yawn. There just wasn't anything else to the story. Didn't love it. Wouldn't recommend it.

Shade's Fall (The Last Riders Book 4)
Shade's Fall (The Last Riders Book 4)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars worth the wait, December 12, 2014
I've been waiting for Shade and Lily's story since the characters were first introduced in Razer's Ride (Last Riders book 1). The author does a great job building out secondary characters. While I wasn't really into the whole BDSM part to this story, I suppose I should have seen it coming. It just felt a little forced - like the author wanted to find a way to work the topic into her series because the theme became so popular after the success of Fifty Shades of Grey. It just didn't feel like something that Lily's character would ever be open to. Shade could have still been written as possessive and strong without being a dominant. Ms Begley should have saved that for a future book on Evie, Bliss or even worked it in with Knox and Diamond.
I also don't know that Shade's Fall would work as a stand alone book. You really, really need to read the series in order to build up the suspense of wanting to see Shade and Lily finally get together. I wish we had seen more of the nice guy side of Shade. And I wish we had seen more of the fighter in Lily.
Final criticism is that I wish the author would label her series better. She has several series going at once that cross pollenate characters (a good quality that sells books and has me buying books that I maybe wouldn't have found otherwise) but it wasn't as easy as just reading one series in order; you have to jump from one series to another and figure out which order to read them in. I read them in this order: Razer's Ride (Last Riders), Viper's Run (Last Riders), Knox's Stand (Last Riders), Sex Piston (Biker Bitches), and then finally Shade's Fall (Last Riders). I guess I missed Teased (VIP Room) and Tainted (VIP Room) - which I will go back and read later. I also read Riot (Predators) a while ago which I LOVED and didn't even make the connection to the characters that showed up at the end of Shade's Fall.
Despite the criticisms, I gave this 4 stars because in the end I still love the characters, still want to read more, and will continue to follow the author as she puts out more books.

Pirate Shirt (Black) Adult Accessory Size 48" Chest X-Large
Pirate Shirt (Black) Adult Accessory Size 48" Chest X-Large
Offered by GotApparel
Price: $21.37
14 used & new from $13.49

3.0 out of 5 stars flimsy material, but fine for a halloween costume, October 28, 2014
material is kind of thin, and shirt runs a little small, but overall it was fine for a Halloween costume that we only need for one day. I was happy to find this at a reasonable price.

No Limits (Hqn)
No Limits (Hqn)
Price: $7.99
156 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start to a new series, October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After reading Ms Foster's `Love Undercover' series, I was anxiously awaiting more on Yvette and Cannon and was not at all disappointed with their story. You'd think as book #1 in this new series, that the story would be able to stand on it's own, but this was really the first of Ms Foster's books that I felt needed the prequel to lay the ground work for character development. That's not a criticism, but worth noting. To fully get into Cannon and Yvette, you really do need to read "Dash of Peril" from the Love Undercover series to get their history. Cannon and Yvette had SO much chemistry as supporting characters in the earlier series. But Yvette was too young to begin a relationship, and then something horrible happened to her causing her to run off to California and leaving Cannon to dive head first into his career as a professional fighter. Now, three years later, Yvette's grandfather has died, and Cannon and Yvette are once again pulled home.

Without the lure of Cannon and Yvette, I don't think I would have gravitated to a book about a professional fighter. I had no idea what MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) and SBC (Supreme Battle Challenge) were. Had to google them for definitions. Yet, this has been my favorite of Ms Foster's books to date. Haven't read all of them yet, but I'm intrigued enough to keep reading more. The editing in her work has greatly improved. It was one of of the things that annoyed me in the last series, so I'm glad to see it has gotten better.

As always, I love the way Ms Foster really spends time on building all of the characters in the story, not just the main couple. I can't wait to read more on Armie, Stack and Denver.

Dash of Peril (Love Undercover)
Dash of Peril (Love Undercover)
Price: $7.99
163 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really into Dash and Margo, October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the last book in Lori Foster's `Love Undercover' series, telling the story of Dashiel Riske and Lieutenant Margaret "Margo" Peterson. While this book can easily stand on it's own, you really get the full sense of the characters by reading the other books in the series as well. Ms Foster is has a writing style that I want to dislike, so I'm always surprised when she keeps pulling me back in. The series is very formulaic and each tale reveals a the super hot "bad boy" guy who can't be tied down, goes through girl after girl until he meets a somewhat reserved "nice" girl with a dark past. They are immediately attracted to each other and then must overcome her past, his past, multiple misunderstandings, trust issues, and any random bad guys who stand in their way in order to fall in love. It certainly is a little cliché. But for some reason, it works. Until now. I really loved Dash as a side character in her other books. But I could never get into Margo. She's supposed to be this tough as nails, all business, no nonsense head of the police department. Yet in no time, Dash is walking through the police department, strolling into her office unannounced, and groping her in front of the police officers and detectives who work for her. Um, awkward. And she always seems to get her shirt ripped off in like every altercation with criminals. I'm all for a strong female lead character, and props to Ms Foster for at least trying to add a new dynamic to her usual character development. But it just didn't work here.

I would have rated this much lower, but give it 3 stars for Cannon and Yvette who show up as supporting characters and steal the show. So, while I was disappointed Dash and Margo, I am still drawn back for a new series. Can't wait to see what happens with Cannon and Yvette.

Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover)
Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover)
Price: $1.92
211 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story despite its flaws, September 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the third story in Lori Foster's `Love Undercover' series (first was Run the Risk (Hqn), second was Bare It All (Hqn)). While the plot does still work as a stand-alone story, I feel like you need the character development from the first 2 books in order to develop a connection and liking to Rowdy and Avery's characters. Without the background from the earlier stories, I can see why many reviewers think of Rowdy as a total jerk, and Avery as an idiot for falling for him. This story follows the same basic formula as Foster's previous books where the super hot "bad boy" guy can get any girl he wants (and does) until he meets a somewhat reserved "nice" girl with a dark past. They are immediately attracted to each other and then must overcome her past, his past, multiple misunderstandings, trust issues, and any random bad guys who stand in their way in order to fall in love. It certainly is a little cliché. But despite the formulaic writing and the overall cheesiness, I really did find myself liking the characters. I liked that there was at least an attempt at a story line outside of the steamy romance scenes. I loved the addition of Marcus and Cannon (characters we did not see in the previous 2 books).

If I could wave a magic wand to improve the story, I'd wish to give Ms. Foster a better editor. I think she writes her characters well, and I like the added suspense that comes from the police cases to keep readers interested beyond just waiting for the characters to get into bed. But the spelling and grammatical errors were really unnecessary, and there were several dialog scenes that were just so over the top cheesy that I had to skip over them entirely. There were logistical errors too where the writing would describe the surroundings that then conflicted with the descriptions in the following paragraph. Sometimes I found myself rereading sections just to figure out what I was missing. Mostly, I just tried to let it go and move on. They were all just minor errors that any quality editor would easily see through.

As for the rating, I give this 4 stars and feel like I need to explain why. First, I may have "graded" a little easy because I am comparing this story only against other books in this genre. If I were comparing this against all fiction books, I would have scored this lower. I don't read a lot of Romance novels, and tend to hold them to a lower set of quality standards as "beach reads". Could just be that I haven't found any really great Romance novels yet and hope to find some soon. Of the few Romance series I have read, I almost never have any interest in pursuing what happens next in the characters' lives enough to make it past the first book. But this series held my interest enough for me to keep reading.

FLY London Women's Yama Ankle Boot,Purple,38 EU/7 M US
FLY London Women's Yama Ankle Boot,Purple,38 EU/7 M US
Offered by Brown's Shoe Fit Co Muskogee
Price: $155.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for fall days. Dress up with pants/skirt or wear with jeans, September 24, 2014
These were my first shoes ordered through Amazon. I was super impressed with the quick shipping. I placed my order on Saturday and had the shoes in hand by Monday. These boots are a deep purple, in a creamy suede with strong purple laces to tie in back. the height hits just above the ankle and which makes it snug but not tight. I typically wear 7/7.5 and ordered these in a 38 EU/7 US. I wasn't sure I'd like having laces in back, but it makes them roomy enough to fit with either thick socks on colder days, or thinner socks/tights for a dressier look. The sole is a sturdy rubber and the combination of heel height and platform gives a nice height but doesn't feel too high to walk. These are definitely my new favorite fall boot.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20