Profile for Mahlers2nd > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 425

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mahlers2nd RSS Feed

Price: $29.62
3 used & new from $21.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sparking wines or juices/cider., April 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Rabbit products are always well made, well designed and high quality -- this is no exception. This makes opening champagne safe and idiot proof. But it is wonderful to have the stopper so that you can enjoy the champagne the next day. I didn't taste a significant difference from one day to the next and there was still plenty of "sparkle" left even over night.

My kids really like sparking cider and this even works well for keeping sparking cider fresh for the next day.

If you like sparkling wine or sparkling juices/cider -- this will help you cut down on waste and cost in the long run and you won't feel like you have to finish off the bottle or throw it out at the end of the night.... so in the long run, you actually will save money.

[NCJVR]

Calvin Klein ETERNITY AQUA Eau de Parfum, 1 fl. oz.
Calvin Klein ETERNITY AQUA Eau de Parfum, 1 fl. oz.
Price: $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice subtle but fresh and young -- not a heavy granny scent, April 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have watched a lot of scent since I was younger but really like this. I used to wear Calvin Klein Obsession because my ex liked it but to me, it was too heavy and musky.

I really like this scent because it is lighter and fresher -- smells "younger" to me --- not like a granny scent.

I also like the fact that I can wear this and it doesn't arrive 2 minutes before I do. I've received compliments on it but only from people who are standing next to me in my cube or sitting right next to me around a conference table, which tells me it is more subtle than many scents that other coworkers wear and when they walk by 1 cube row over, I am thinking "there goes Jenny!"

Philips AVENT Premium Bottle Warmer
Philips AVENT Premium Bottle Warmer
Price: $49.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for late night feedings and will grow with your kids feeding needs., April 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I raised my babies on Avent Bottles -- I usually warmed them in the microwave (I know... the horror) but I always had to schlep downstairs in the middle of the night.

This is a great for warming the bottle in the middle of the night and it is safe enough to keep upstairs near the nursery (we actually had a mini fridge upstairs as well for bottles in the middle of the night).

One of the wonderful things about this is that you can set it to variable temperatures. My first baby would only accept bottles that were practically nuclear hot temperature. But my second only liked his slightly above room temperature. So this would accommodate both kids (which, is the last time the same thing could be used to satisfy both kids -- they never agree on ANYTHING).

The indicator light is wonderful for knowing how much longer you have to go before the bottle is ready.

They say that this eliminates hot spots. I still automatically shake the living daylights out of the bottle just to make sure that there are no hotspots.

Avent bottles are great. It is nice to have a bottle warmer that will work with them. For me, the perfect use would be if you have a little mini fridge upstairs and use this for the late night feedings to minimize how much running around and get the middle of the night feedings as short as possible. And it is good to know that it can "grow" with you kids by warming baby food and frozen foods...

Well designed and excellent quality. Great gift for new moms.

All Clad Textiles Premium Collection Heavyweight 100-Percent Cotton Twill and Silicone Pot Holder, Pewter
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars You can never have enough hotpads -- this is a very good choice, April 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great tool for getting hot dishes out of the oven and being able to put it directly on the table without having to worry about freeing up or getting out another trivet. It is strong and well made and even with the hottest dishes, I have not felt the heat through the pot holder.

I wish it was a bit bigger -- It will not work for cookie sheets or larger dishes.

All in all, this is very handy since it can do double duty to go from oven to the table.

[NCJVR]

Scotts EZ Seed - Dog Spot Repair - Sun and Shade, 2-Pound (Grass Seed Mix)
Scotts EZ Seed - Dog Spot Repair - Sun and Shade, 2-Pound (Grass Seed Mix)
Price: $13.56
3 used & new from $10.79

5.0 out of 5 stars whoever said that it is as boring as watching grass grow has never had dogs or getting grass to grow., April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I live in North Carolina and up until fall of last year, I had 2 lab mixes that I would tie out from our deck in order to relieve themselves (they were indoor dogs -- I just put them out throughout the day for bathroom breaks). As a result, the grass around the deck died off and left nothing but dirt/mud.

I paid a lawn service last year to overseed where the dogs had been let out. I also quit putting them out on tie-outs and started walking them to other areas of my lot. The overseeding helped to bring back some grass -- however, there were still a lot of bare patches.

I used this product to fill in the bare patches. I used a rake to get rid of some of the weeds that grew in due to the absence of grass and loosen the dirt. Then I put down the grass seed mixture and made sure that my lawn service did not move over the new grass seed. Within a week, i started seeing "baby grass" which was so exciting since I have a black thumb.

Since I am renting and my HOA is extremely compulsive about the appearance of my yard (and by extension, so is my landlord) this has saved me since I will not have my security deposit tapped to repair the lawn damage done by my dogs. Given that I have a black thumb and was successful in getting the bare spot so fill in, I believe this is a great product and idiot proof (with me being the idiot).

If you go this route, just make sure that you change where your dogs are going to go otherwise you will be fighting a losing battle. Also make sure that you refrain from mowing for 15-30 days to ensure that the seed is provided with the chance to grow.

[NCJVR]

Classic Accessories 55-211-012401-EC Hickory Heavy Duty Patio Seat Cushion/Cover Storage Bag
Price: $35.65
8 used & new from $35.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps your cushions looking clean and allergen free., April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
April is Pine Pollen season in North Carolina -- if you haven't experienced it, picture a skiff of "green snow" that doesn't melt and that causes wheezing, coughing, and congestion like you have never known.

I have a porch swing with brand-spanking-new cushions that I acquired just before the Pine Pollen started to fly. I used this bag to protect the new cushions and keep them from being covered with Pine Pollen.

The bag is well made and weather/dust tight. I put my new cushions in the bag and left it out on the deck. Despite the fact that everything else is covered in green dust, the cushions are clean and dry.

I deducted a star (perhaps unfairly) because this particular bag will not accommodate my larger 3-seater cushions without having to cram them in. However, if you have primarily 2-seater and 1-seater cushions, then this is an excellent product to keep cushions looking fresh and dirt free so that you don't wind up having your backside covered in dirt (be it green pine pollen or just plain brown dirt)

Winco 0037-05 Venice 18/8 S/S Dinner Fork - Dozen
Winco 0037-05 Venice 18/8 S/S Dinner Fork - Dozen
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $20.59
10 used & new from $12.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid feel, good finish, and good price., April 11, 2015
Forks have a habit of disappearing our house like socks -- I think the missing socks and missing forks must be having a gay old time somewhere snickering at us.

I purchased these because I didn't really care about matching my existing silverware. I was more concerned about the weight and durability -- nothing worse than bent tines (first world problems). These definitely live up to my expectations. They are cost effective, solid feeling and will not easily bent.

I'll probably wind up purchasing spoons since my son keeps taking my spoons to school and leaving them at his dad's house.

[NCJAR]

Hefty Slider Storage Bags, Quart, 40 Count( Pack of 9)
Hefty Slider Storage Bags, Quart, 40 Count( Pack of 9)
Price: $47.86
3 used & new from $38.80

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I ever survive before these bags were invented., April 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm old enough to remember "baggies" for sandwiches -- which were kind of like an envelope where you would fold the flap to enclose the sandwich. It didn't work. When the original ziplocks came out -- my mom was too frugal (cheap) to buy them and thought they were a gimmick. One of the few advantages to being a "grown up" is being able to splurge on things like this.

I actually prefer the Hefty Slider bags over the zip lock bags -- the slider is more secure to me -- which means I can fill it with more stuff and less chance that it will break apart.

I use these slider bags for everything from food storage to keeping cables separate and organized. I knit so these are great for circular knitting needles as well.

With dirty bags, I'll reuse them in the car for receipts, dirty kleenix etc. They are also handy for putting stuff like fingernail files and little "stuff" in your purse (like my glasses screwdriver) so that they don't get lost in the chasm that is my purse.

In short, there is virtually no limit to using these througout my day.

Dreft Blissful In-Wash Scent Booster Detergent, Original Baby Fresh, 13.2 Ounce
Dreft Blissful In-Wash Scent Booster Detergent, Original Baby Fresh, 13.2 Ounce
Price: $38.11
2 used & new from $37.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but not as good a value as Bounce Bursts, April 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like these scent boosters -- or more to the point -- scent-busters since really, they are intended for bad smelling loads where you need to neutralize (or replace) the smell.

My main complaint with the Dreft version is the amount you get for the price -- much smaller container (about 1/2 the size) as the Bounce version. I suppose that Dreft is supposed to be more oriented towards sensitive skin but really couldn't tell a difference.

If you want the best bang for your buck, I would go with the Bounce Bursts. If you have more sensitive skin, you might want to stick with this.

SpongeBob SquarePants Operation Game
SpongeBob SquarePants Operation Game
Price: $18.39
27 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars For families with twisted humor only, April 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My kids (I'm somewhat ashamed to say) grew up on SpongeBob SquarePants -- so this was a hit in our family. It doesn't matter that the players are all teenagers (and middle-aged adults) at this point. The main fun comes from the triggers of some of the more amusing moments while watching SpongeBob -- like the classic Plankton F.U.N. song

The main appeal of this game isn't so much the game itself -- it is the fact that it brings our family together in a more interactive setting where we share and build memories.

If you aren't a SpongeBob fan -- there's really nothing about this that you will like and probably better off with a regular version of the game or another board game altogether. But if your family has the kind of twisted sense of humor where you can constantly riff SpongeBob one-liners, you'll enjoy this remake of a classic game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20