Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Jay S > Reviews

Browse

Jay S's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jay S RSS Feed (USA)

Schrodt Designs AA Anti-Ant Guard for Hummingbird Lantern
Schrodt Designs AA Anti-Ant Guard for Hummingbird Lantern

1.0 out of 5 stars Fancy, pretty, ..., February 9, 2013
...matches the hummingbird feeder, ...doesn't work. Ants crawl over it without a pause. Instructions say stir the waxy substance in the channel. That doesn't work either.

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 (1PC/1User) [Download]
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 (1PC/1User) [Download]

2.0 out of 5 stars OK upgrade, NOT OK licensing/pricing, February 8, 2013
Congratulations Microsoft!
You are doing a tremendous job promoting Open Document software.
I've been a home/office user of MS Office (primarily Word/Excel) since it first appeared. I like it. I currently have H&S 2010. I was eagerly looking forward to upgrading to 2013 after I got my Windows 8 system.
No more. Their licensing/pricing is outrageous.
So, I downloaded LibreOffice (NEW vervion 4 now available). Install it on as many PC/Mac/Linux as you wish. It is free and includes Writer (Word), Calc (Excel), Impress (PowerPoint), Base (Access), Math, and Draw. It reads and writes most MS Office documents (See LibreOffice web site). I've had few issues converting from MS Office, and those were minor. It may not be as fancy looking as MS Office, but it does all the functions I've ever needed and more.
Again, thanks BUNCHES Microsoft for motivating me to try LibreOffice - saved a ton of money. Furthermore, it feels good supporting the work and the many developers of the Document Foundation.
Disclaimer: I am not associated in any way with the Document Foundation. Nor am I bashing MS Office. It is a fine product. I am a longtime user of Office software and am disturbed by Microsoft's new direction for its Office products. Maybe they will wake up and change their policies. Maybe not. Regardless, I'm now a dedicated LibreOffice user and will shift my support to them.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2013 7:45 PM PDT

Petego Dog Car Seat Protector Hammock, Tan, X-Large
Petego Dog Car Seat Protector Hammock, Tan, X-Large
Offered by True Value Center
Price: $70.99
9 used & new from $55.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, September 12, 2012
I have two bigger dogs (90 & 70 lbs) that ride in the back of my Honda Pilot to and from the local park everyday. Wanted something to protect the cargo area. I've used this unit for several months now and it has proven to be durable in all respects. It has numerous attachment options so I had no problems experimenting until I found the arrangement that worked best for me.

SEI Espresso Reserve Deluxe Storage Cabinet.
SEI Espresso Reserve Deluxe Storage Cabinet.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stinks!, September 12, 2012
I ordered this cabinet and the matching tower from Amazon based on reviews.

First problem: both products emitted a strong chemical odor when the box was opened. Had to take them outside because they stunk up the entire house.

Found several additional problems assembling the smaller cabinet:

-the drawer screws would not tighten on one side (replaced with the next screw size up)
-there were no pre-drilled holes on one of the doors
-one of the magnet screw holes was so big the screw just slipped in and out (used wood filler to fix); the block of wood the magnets attach to is deeply gouged on one side so that the magnet sits crooked on it (the gouge was finished over so this defect was known during manufacture)
-one of the knobs was stripped (a little glue and a toothpick seems to have fixed that)
-one of the two holes used to attach the side panels was slightly offset; I had to drill it larger in order to get both bolts to fit in
-the doors do not match when closed (off slightly over 1/8 inch)
-there is a small gouge on one of the doors, also finished over
-there is a gross error in the assembly instructions

Given all my problems with this first unit, I did not even want to mess with the Tower unit. Requested a refund from Amazon (I've always had very positive experiences dealing with Amazon). Meanwhile, the first unit is sitting in my garage airing out. So far, it still stinks. I'm thinking it will likely remain in my garage except that my wife is starting to complain that it stinks up her car too. Well, there's the garden shed out back...

Disappointing because the unit does look nice and was the perfect size for my need, but, bottom line, it is another poor quality and over-priced made-in-china product. The given suggested retail must be heavily inflated. Unfortunately, this seems to be a growing practice amongst retailers, including Amazon.

My suggestion, if you want a poor quality and over-priced made-in-china unit, go to Walmart where you can see exactly what you are getting. If this one didn't stink so bad, I'd probably use it anyway. It would be a good buy at $99.