Profile for Tenacious G > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tenacious G RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Finding Magic (Novella) (Downside Ghosts)
Finding Magic (Novella) (Downside Ghosts)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done novella; Chess fans will enjoy, June 16, 2012
I feel like many novellas fall short--they either bite off more than they can chew for the length or they are too simplistic to be satisfying. I feel that Stacia Kane did a fabulous job of achieving that rare perfect novella--a full, satisfying story with a compelling character.

Unlike other prequels, I think this one is best appreciated by one already familiar with the series and not as an introduction to it. As other reviewers have said, it is both interesting and heartbreaking to see a younger, earnest Chess who, though traumatized and somewhat broken, has a few softer edges and is motivated by something other than her next fix.

There are a few very small inconsistencies that I hesitate to even mention, but they are there. While writing this review, however, I can't even remember what exactly they were; so, you can see how insignificant they are.

Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom)
Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars tedious, June 16, 2012
I can't add much to the first two reviews. The premise of this world was promising, but the plot was tedious and the heroine lame.

OtterBox Universal Defender Case for iPhone 4 (Black Silicone & Hot Pink Plastic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously Klutzproof, November 2, 2011
I am not gentle on the things I own and am incredibly klutzy (sometimes I just fall while walking for no good reason). The case does add quite a bit of bulk to the phone, but it's personally worth it to me since it's the most expensive phone I have ever owned. I had just gotten whatever the cheapest model was because my phones generally don't last very long

I've had my phone for about 6 months now, and it doesn't have a scratch on it. I cannot recommend this cover enough, and the color combo of pink/black is pretty rad--even if I do say so myself.

Libbey Classic 16-Piece Glassware Set, Smoke
Libbey Classic 16-Piece Glassware Set, Smoke
Offered by Great CS Plus
Price: $33.99
11 used & new from $23.00

1.0 out of 5 stars 12 broken in 6 months. Worthless!, October 29, 2011
I literally bought these 6 months ago, and every single one of the large glasses is broken while I only have 4 of the smaller glasses left. The tall glasses are so fragile that some broke in my hands while washing them, and others broke in the drying rack.

Yes, they are pretty, but completely worthless and dangerous considering all of the glass I've had to clean up in the past 6 months.

Invicta 7067 Invicta Sapphire Lady Diver Stainless Steel Rose Gold Womens Watch
Invicta 7067 Invicta Sapphire Lady Diver Stainless Steel Rose Gold Womens Watch
Offered by Discount Watch Store
Price: $82.90
16 used & new from $82.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and functional!, October 27, 2011
I heart this watch. I'm always looking for a pretty feminine watch that is also functional, and this is perfect.

Aesthetics: It looks just like it does in the picture, though perhaps the pink color has a bit more orange to it (but nowhere near salmon). It might be that I have very pale skin with super-pink undertones; so, everything looks a bit orange on me.

Function: You can clearly see the hour and minute demarcations, which also glow in the dark, and the date is easy to read. Setting the time and date is easy once you figure out that you have to twist the screw counter-clockwise until it pops. When you're done, you push the screw back in while turning clockwise.

I just received it; so, I cannot speak to how well it holds up; however, it does come with a complimentary extended warranty.

As an aside, I decided to remove the extra links by myself and got the SE Watch Band Link Remover Set instead of the Invicta tool based on the reviews. I highly recommend it--it was very easy to use, and it took about 10 minutes to adjust my band.

SE JT6218 Watch Band Link Remover, 5-Piece
SE JT6218 Watch Band Link Remover, 5-Piece
Offered by hobbytoolsupply
Price: $6.79
7 used & new from $6.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, gets the job done -- well worth it, October 27, 2011
It's very easy to use and gets the job done quickly without damaging anything. I took out 3 links in about 10 minutes.

Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black/Brushed Metal
Price: $80.99
74 used & new from $57.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Snob gives thumbs up, April 21, 2011
For the past 7 years or so prior to this purchase, I had been using a french press to make my coffee after freshly grinding the beans (no more than a week past roasting) every morning using my ridiculously expensive coffee grinder. I even had a personal mini french press at work lest I be exposed to the horrors of the office coffeemaker.

Yeah, I'm that kind of crazy.

Anyway, point being that I got to the point where I was having trouble waking up and always running late in the morning; so, I bit the bullet and decided to buy an automatic coffeemaker. I actually have it in my bedroom, scheduled to start about 15 minutes prior to my alarm to gently wake me up with the delicious smell of coffee.

Though obviously not as good as my french press, this is probably the best automatic coffeemaker I've ever used. The coffee turns out delicious and stays warm in the pot without getting burnt-tasting. It's super easy to use and program. I've had it for about a year now and have had no issues whatsoever.

Promax Protein Bar, Cookies 'n Cream, 2.64 Ounce, 12-Pack
Promax Protein Bar, Cookies 'n Cream, 2.64 Ounce, 12-Pack
Price: $15.10
13 used & new from $11.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Best energy bar ever, January 17, 2011
I cannot speak highly enough of these bars. First, they actually taste good - not too much like cardboard and not too sickly sweet, but sweet enough that it does satisfy that bit of craving. It also fills me up unlike no other energy bar I've tried (and I've tried them all). Eating half the bar gets me between between meals if there is a long amt of time between them, and eating the whole thing does actually fill me up for a whole meal.

Flowers For Your Grave
Flowers For Your Grave
DVD
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly fun, December 27, 2010
Castle ain't no "Wire," or even "Firefly," but I doubt anyone is really watching it for that. It is kinda exactly what you think it is - a little campy, predictable, and funny in an obvious, but smart, way - except, it is done very well. I have all the seasons and so far, I haven't gotten tired of it.

So, if that is what you are looking for, this is perfect.

Altec Lansing iM-237 Orbit Ultraportable Speaker for MP3 Players (Silver)
Altec Lansing iM-237 Orbit Ultraportable Speaker for MP3 Players (Silver)
Offered by F1RST CLASS DISTRIBUTION
Price: $59.99
5 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Non-audiophile review - me like, December 27, 2010
This is a good, simple speaker, emphasis on the "simple." I also have the X-Mini II Capsule Speaker, and I would recommend this over that every day of the week and twice on Sundays. There are some things I would change, but hey, it's $20. Here is my review in bullet form:

The GOOD:
- very portable
- good volume
- good sound
- fab design (I really like the way the cord raps around and fits in the bottom)
- simple - there is an on/off button and a cord; that's it (I don't like separate volume control on the speakers themselves - I'm a civilian; I get confused).

The I-DON'T-CARE-ABOUT-BUT-YOU-MIGHT
- no volume control on speaker
- can't link to other speakers (like X-Mini can)

The BAD:
- uses alkaline batteries - would prefer rechargeable
- cord is small and attached to (i.e., not plugged into) the speaker - suspect that this is where it will break due to inevitable strain on the cord.
- no input jack - can't use separate longer/more expendable cord.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5