Profile for NP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

NP RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA)

Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America
Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America
by Leslie Knope
Price: $20.00
91 used & new from $2.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Joan Callamazzo book club approved!, November 6, 2011
This book is chock full of the same amount of humor and heart and inside jokes and craziness as the show. Pawnee, IN is clearly the best fictional small town since Stars Hollow, CT. Actually, it's even better. Pawnee wins with the Reasonableists, the glorious rubber nipple factory, and the corporate giant Sweetums which helps makes Pawnee fourth in obesity. The book is hilariously in character, and my only complaint is that I wish it were a little longer (there was not nearly enough Turd Crapley...I mean, Perd Hapley).

If you're a fan of the show Parks & Recreation, this book is a must-have and a must-read.

If you like this book and haven't watched the show, WATCH THE SHOW.

If you don't like this book and don't watch this show....then I feel sorry for how sad your life is. May Zorp have mercy on your soul on May 20th (plus or minus a few days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries, etc.)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, November 7, 2010
This stuff is the real deal. I bought it to break in shoes, especially in the heels and a part near my toe area that pinches. Well, it really did the trick. It also helped me and my sister out a ton at Disney World, where there's SO MUCH WALKING. We rubbed Body Glide in between our toes for flip flops and it saved us a ton of pain. There is a slight bit of residue and it doesn't quite work on thighs as I hoped. It takes a while to dry before it works for thighs, but it does work. It's just kind of awkward when you're in a rush and you have to sit with your legs apart or legs crossed. Still worth the five stars though, I've also used it while breaking in bras when the bra straps are digging in a little bit. Definitely relieves the pressure (and my bra straps are now perfectly stretched out to the point where I don't need to use it anymore but it helped so much.)

Dirty Sexy Politics
Dirty Sexy Politics
by Meghan McCain
Price: $23.99
233 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing too dirty or sexy but a really good read, October 19, 2010
This review is from: Dirty Sexy Politics (Hardcover)
Meghan McCain and I differ in our political parties and on some issues but I have to say, she is refreshingly honest and someone I'd love to be friends with. This book covers Meghan's experiences during the 2008 election. It is a quick read and I know many reviews dismiss Meghan as being entitled, a diva, or drama queen but she freely admits that she can be difficult to work with. She talks openly about why she supports gay marriage, her admiration Hillary Clinton and the unfair double standard of women, how she was fired from her own dad's campaign and about the close relationship with her parents.

So often in politics we rarely see someone's true character. Everything has to be black and white, otherwise you're seen as a "flip-flopper." Everything about a politician is dissected and eventually we stop seeing them and treating them like real people with real emotions. It's not an easy job to be a good politician. Even when you're doing something right, people will find a way to invalidate your accomplishments. Meghan's book put a little bit of humanity back into politics and was passionate about the change that needs to happen in the Republican Party.

Meghan admits that parts of this book will offend many people in her own party but I think that in the long run, it will help the Republicans (much to my dismay as a Democrat lol). You very rarely hear behind-the-scenes politics spoken frankly, even if that's only part of the book. I think young people can identify with Meghan and her frankness of being a "daughter-of" as she says.