Profile for PaganSpirit > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PaganSpirit RSS Feed (Atlanta, Georgia USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Happy Socks Men's 1Pk Combed Cotton Stripe Crew Sock, Medium Combo, 10-13
Happy Socks Men's 1Pk Combed Cotton Stripe Crew Sock, Medium Combo, 10-13
Offered by boldsocks
Price: $12.00
2 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 1, 2015
Great socks, fit as sized, colors were as shown, really love them!

Florsheim Men's Smooth Grain Padded Leather Belt 32MM, Black, 38
Florsheim Men's Smooth Grain Padded Leather Belt 32MM, Black, 38
Price: $24.47

3.0 out of 5 stars My experience is that this belt fits to size, but is not very high quality, February 1, 2015
Based on all the other reviews about it running small and to order up one size, I did - and that was a mistake. I'm a solid 34" waist, and normally purchase 36" belts, but based on reviews purchased a 38", which is so large on me that it passes all the holes and there are none left to hook once it's around my waist. In addition to that, however, it is also a very "cheap" feeling belt, almost like a plastic or something that I didn't care for. Had the only problem been size, I'd have exchanged it for the size I normally purchase, but after seeing the poor quality of this belt, decided to just return it for a refund and look for something else. Perhaps this has been resized since all the other reviews about the sizing issue, but as I've said, a 38" belt is huge on a 34" waist.

Baxter of California Beard Comb
Baxter of California Beard Comb
Price: $16.00
2 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great small beard comb, just like it should be!, February 1, 2015
Great little comb, does just what it's supposed to do. It really is small (which is what I wanted), and perfect at getting to my stache under the nose without scraping my nose. Also does well in the beard area (I have about a 1.5" beard) and works great. I'm not into carrying a lot in my pocket, so will keep this one at home and probably purchase another one to have at work. Very quickly shipped and just what I was expecting the comb to be.

Calphalon Contemporary Stainless 6-1/2-Quart Soup Pot with Glass Lid
Calphalon Contemporary Stainless 6-1/2-Quart Soup Pot with Glass Lid
Offered by Featured Brands
Price: $141.50
5 used & new from $141.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pot for soups, stews, jams, jellies and more ..., August 26, 2014
We have several different Calphalon lines of cookware and love the brand for its durability and even heating. This soup pot is a joy to cook in! I purchased it because I needed something a bit larger than our 5-quart Dutch oven to make jams and jellies, along with stews and soups. Have made about a dozen batches of jam and jelly using this pot and never once had a problem with sticking, scorching or boil-overs (it's nice and deep), it comes to a boil quickly, heats evenly and is very easy to keep at a rolling boil once it gets there. Also have made two batches of stew and, again, a great pot. The handles are small, out of the way, sturdy and remain cool to the touch when cooking. The pot itself is very easy to clean and is surprisingly light compared to our smaller Dutch oven. Have not really used the lid yet, but seems to be good quality. Am very pleased with this product and would definitely buy it again.

2(x)ist Men's Prints No Show Brief, Blue, Large
2(x)ist Men's Prints No Show Brief, Blue, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice briefs, comfy, fits a little smaller than normal, August 5, 2014
These are great briefs. Sometimes I think the quality of 2(x)ist is going down from what it was in years past, but these are fun "handkerchief" pattern briefs. The material is very soft and stretchy, incredibly comfortable to wear, and holds everything where it should. I normally wear a medium in most of the 2(x)ist line but after washing found these a tad snug for my preference, and have found that the large after the wash gives me a much better fit (I wear a 34" waist pants). I have noticed that after a dozen or so washes the color of the material is fading out some.

Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving
Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving
by Lauren Devine
Price: $15.30
105 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the canning novice!, August 5, 2014
I love this book. The layout is great, the information is detailed enough to be useful but not so overdone as to be boring or tedious. I am new to canning and wanted to have a book that covered the basics as well as provided good recipes that were easy to follow with ingredients I have in the garden or can easily acquire at the market, and this book is it. The steps to canning are explained clearly, including how much head space to leave, how long to process and so on, there is a wide range of recipes from simple to more adventurous, and there is a great guide showing equivalents of pounds to cups and such so you know how much you need based on how you are harvesting or buying your canning produce. I have already canned some dilly beans, hot peppers, and five different styles of pickled cucumbers, and can't wait until they are ready to start eating! Another nice touch are some of the great photos included, providing inspiration for making something different. I agree with some other reviewers who say that they get different quantities than stated in the book, but for me I think it's my inexperience and I'm sure some foods have more or less texture-to-moisture content and my measuring might be off slightly. I'll keep experimenting in that regard. If you are an experienced canner with lots of recipes of your own or other canning books, this might not be at the top of your list. But, if you are new to canning, you should not be without this book.

Complete Guide to Home Canning, Preserving, and Freezing
Complete Guide to Home Canning, Preserving, and Freezing
by U. S. Department of Agriculture
Price: $7.95
32 used & new from $7.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for the canning novice like myself, August 5, 2014
This is a great basic canning guide. As a newbie to canning, I wanted something I could trust and that was up to date with information that helped me put up some great-tasting food without poisoning myself or my family! There is also good information on freezing foods in addition to other ways of preserving. The book has some great old-time looking photos. I would highly recommend this as a "must have" to any new canner or for anyone wanting the latest information on preserving foods, and some of the recipes sounds great (although I've yet to make any from this book). This volume along with the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving are the two best books, in my opinion, for the new person making their way into canning foods.

Joico Joigel Firm Hold Styling Gel, 33.8 Fluid Ounce
Joico Joigel Firm Hold Styling Gel, 33.8 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Genco Enterprises
Price: $19.83
15 used & new from $16.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a soft but firm hold, August 5, 2014
This is a great product. I have short to medium length hair, and just a small amount of Joico gives me a very strong hold without feeling stiff or looking tacky, and there is no flaking. The scent is very pleasant and dissipates over time. I have put this on when my hair is wet and then did a blow dry and brush and it set great, and have also used it on dry hair to hold in place. It does not work well for me as a "wet look", and does not look all that great when I use it on wet hair and then let it naturally dry, but that could just be my hair. A little goes a long way and I'll be using this large bottle for quite some time, and I couldn't be happier with how the product works.

C&S 608 Squirrelog Refill Pack, 2-Pack
C&S 608 Squirrelog Refill Pack, 2-Pack
Price: $8.96
34 used & new from $3.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Squirrelogs Saved Our Veggies!, August 5, 2014
These squirrel logs are great. We ordered the 2-pack to give them a try and they were such a hit we have ordered more. They are impossible to find locally so we get them here on Amazon.

We have had significant problems with the squirrels stealing every tomato and eggplant out of the veggie garden this year. It's a mild summer here in Atlanta this year and we keep lots of water out in pans and bird baths for the critters and birds, so not sure why they wanted to enjoy plump green tomatoes and immature eggplant. We decided to try feeding the squirrels out away from the garden and purchased these logs, and that did the trick!

We use these in the Belle Fleur 50116 Adirondack Chair Squirrel Feeder and they fit perfectly, screwing onto the screw in the char with the pre-drilled hole in the base of the log. We have anywhere from 15 to 25 squirrels around our home. As soon as we put these out they had guests. For us, one log lasts about a week. While we were waiting for our next shipment we used corn cobs bought locally and one of those lasted less than a day and made a mess; these logs have no mess and the squirrels eat the entire thing. These have worked really well for us, and the squirrels have stopped eating the eggplants and tomatoes!

L.A. Looks Wet Look Gel-20 oz
L.A. Looks Wet Look Gel-20 oz
Offered by cosmeticbeautyplace
Price: $8.60
14 used & new from $2.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, June 25, 2014
This hair gel does what it should. It gives my hair a "wet" look all day, has great hold and doesn't take a lot to get the effect I want (I have short to medium length hair). I put this on in the morning, lasts all day, I sleep and wake up the next morning, hair still mostly in place. Despite it's hold, not too stiff with hair still soft, does not flake or feel gummy, and the scent is light and pleasant. I will say if you want your hair to look as wet as if you were doused in water, you will be disappointed as it doesn't look THAT wet. I've used a lot of hair gels and this is definitely one of my favorites. If you are looking for a lightweight but great holding styling gel that has that wet look to it I don't think it will disappoint.

Page: 1 | 2