Profile for Angelus Draven > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Angelus Draven RSS Feed (Abilene, TX)

Page: 1 | 2
Matte Snap-On BLACK RUBBERIZED Hard Case Cover For MOTOROLA XT897 PHOTON Q 4G LTE With PRY-Triangle Case Removal Tool
Offered by Wireless Central
Price: $0.85
3 used & new from $0.85

4.0 out of 5 stars good case, July 10, 2014
good case for the price and especially for this type of phone. its very light weight and easy to snap on. it fits perfectly on and i actually have to work to take it off. this is fine because you know it will stay on securely. Dont expect rubber type protection to protect it from a lot of impact, as this is an absolutely basic case thats thin and light weight.

Stubb's Sweet Heat Bar-B-Q Sauce, 18 Ounce
Stubb's Sweet Heat Bar-B-Q Sauce, 18 Ounce
Offered by Vitacost
Price: $3.99
8 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting, healthier alternative bbq sauce, June 30, 2013
If you're looking for a great, good old fashioned BBQ sauce, then this is an item to get! It's not too sweet, and not terribly hot that you have to stop eating your meat/chicken. I would say it's "mild" when it comes to heat.

Notice above I said "old fashioned". When I say that, I mean that it's made with regular sugar, and not High Fructose Corn Syrup(HFCS) or artificial sweeteners. I was shopping at a nearby grocery market to look for a sauce without HFCS. Of course EVERYTHING, including all ketchup brands, have it. This was the ONLY sauce in the store that didn't. Although it's a little pricier than the other brands, i'd rather go with the "lesser evil" and pay a little more. You can't put a price on your health!

Now i'm sure you can find products like this in an "organic" type grocery store(like Sprouts), but if you happen to find this at your local grocery store chain, get it!

Keychain Remote Garage Door Opener Firefly 300Mhz
Keychain Remote Garage Door Opener Firefly 300Mhz
Offered by Garage Intel Inc
Price: $12.90
7 used & new from $12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, simple, cheap product!, January 22, 2012
I bought this since I just moved into a closed community apartment complex. I had originally wanted to buy something similar at a local store, but had no luck finding anything close to the price this little firefly goes for. On average, ones you can buy at a Sears/Lowes/etc was about $40! I needed 3 remotes, so there was no way I was going to pay $120 for remotes! Luckily, the apartment manager told us to get this simple little gadget and it works great! Although the range isnt too far, it's well worth the $7 to do 1 simple function. It also came with its own battery, so I didnt have to worry about that part. Great product!

Beautiful Kate
Beautiful Kate
DVD ~ Ben Mendelsohn
Offered by Media Favorites
Price: $7.98
20 used & new from $3.62

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not have rented if I had known..., February 26, 2011
This review is from: Beautiful Kate (DVD)
I rented this movie because it had good ratings here on Amazon. It was my mistake not to read some of the reviews before putting this in. Both my wife and I watched this last night and thought it was a waste of time and money. We watched it all the way through since we had already paid for it(Netflix). I don't mind movies where there's a lot of talking(my wife complains about too much talking in movies), but this movie we both agreed that it was horrible.

If I had known it was about Australian incest, i would not think twice to rent it. The only people that I see rating this high are people who are turned on by this sort of subject. It's a very touchy subject and weird, but I guess it happens. If incest had been a minor theme and there was more to the story, it would have been better. The thing is that the plot is surrounded and revolves around the subject of incest, which if you're normal, should gross you out. Considering the material, the actors and director did great with what was given to them. I gave it a rating of '1' to balance out the overall rating.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2014 2:03 PM PDT

Electric Japanese Takoyaki Pan - Medium Sized (18 molds) - Made in Japan
Electric Japanese Takoyaki Pan - Medium Sized (18 molds) - Made in Japan

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pan, just small molds, June 30, 2010
First and foremost, the molds are actually small despite the description saying "medium". The pan itself is great and works as advertised. I was afraid the power plug would be different, but it plugs into any US 120V outlet. One other thing i've noticed is that the surface scratches easily and reveals the underlying chrome. This worries me somewhat, as it is important that the balls dont stick to the pan. Like I said already, i'm satisfied with the product, my only gripe is the size of the molds.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2011 10:42 AM PST

Blood: The Last Vampire
Blood: The Last Vampire
DVD ~ Gianna Jun
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $5.45
75 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the least bit disappointed!, October 7, 2009
This review is from: Blood: The Last Vampire (DVD)
When the animated version of this film first came out on DVD in 2002, I bought it right away. The animation at the time was amazing and beautiful compared to other anime released around the same time. The only gripe I had about it was that it was short, left us with a HUGE cliffhanger at the end and many questions unanswered. For years I had been waiting for them to make at least a sequel. My prayers were answered with the 50-episode series, Blood+. Instead of continuing the movie, Blood+ was revamped to fit a thicker story and plot. Needless to say, I was very happy with it.

So what was going through my mind when I saw a bootleg version of this live-action movie? "Nah, dont expect too much but just watch it since you have nothing better to do today". I'm an anime lover and infatuated with the Japanese culture as a whole, but 95% of their action movies have disappointed me, so I didnt expect much to begin with. As soon as I popped this in and saw the first few minutes, I thought "Wow, when was this made? Early 90's?". As the movie went along, I noticed a number of scenes from the animated version were integrated into the movie. I was very impressed that they did that on top of expanding on the story and action.

The action was absolutely great, but you have to either appreciate the anime versions or "kung-fu" movies to begin with. If you're not into this genre, don't bother wasting your time looking for a deep, twisting plot. This is purely entertainment. Especially now that the Twilight series has taken the world by storm(at least in America), you wont find any Vampire/Horror movie with an "original" plot anymore. I'm also a fan of horror movies, but the genre has become dull.

Bottom line: Watch this movie if you have somewhat interest in ANIME or KUNG-FU type films. If not, don't waste your time.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2012 6:18 PM PDT

Deluxe Go Game Roll Up Magnetic Portable Set
Deluxe Go Game Roll Up Magnetic Portable Set
Offered by Yellow Mountain Imports
Price: $42.99
2 used & new from $42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set, February 8, 2008
This is a very nice travel set. The mat and stones are smaller than I thought they would be, but it's adequate for a travel size. The board is great and easy to layout. As for the stones and carrying pouches, the stones have a magnetic bottom and dont stick to eachother too much in the bag. They stick to the mat just enough so that they dont move even though you tilt the board while the stones are on. Highly recommended set, beats carrying a board game around in a box.

Suicide Club (Suicide Circle)
Suicide Club (Suicide Circle)
DVD ~  Masatoshi Nagase, Mai Hosho Ryo Ishibashi
Price: $9.79
35 used & new from $2.54

3.0 out of 5 stars I dont get it, February 2, 2008
I don't really know how to explain with this movie. It was just plain weird. The beginning of the movie was great; The first scene was like "Holy sh**! Brutal stuff!" After that, the next 20 minutes or so it had an eerie feel to it. During the middle of the movie however, I began to fall asleep as it started to slow down. Everything after the first 30 minutes of this movie I was like "Huh? What? Ok...I think I get it now.." and as the movie ends, i'm back to "What? I dont get it". Yes, i know sort of confusing -- which is what this film was to me. Part of me(and I think most people here in America would agree) that a bunch of kids getting together to commit suicide for the hell of it is just plain stupid. I think the writers and directors tried to go beyond something so simple, but I dont think it went very well.

At best, you'll think this movie is "O.K.". The ratings for this movie stand true, it deserves no more than 3 1/2 stars.

Belkin N1 Wireless Router
Belkin N1 Wireless Router
2 used & new from $35.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, February 1, 2008
This is the first Wireless router i've tried. At first I was impressed because the directions and setup were a breeze. However, like all the other negative reviews here, the problem with this router is that it will drop/hang your connection after you get it to work. I've even updated the firmware, which I thought helped at first but the connection only lasted a few minutes longer. After using it for about 5-10 minutes, both Wired and Wireless connections freeze and stop working. I'm so disappointed; it's such a nice looking router and was at a decent price. I'll be returning this tomorrow and shopping for a new one.

P90X DVD Workout - Base Kit
P90X DVD Workout - Base Kit
Offered by Beachbody
Price: $139.80

1,253 of 1,357 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Not a penny wasted!, November 28, 2007
*Original Power 90 review*
Let me first say that i'm one of the people that tried the regular Power 90 workout videos at first. I was pretty much a couch potato who would work out once in a while, and then just stop completely for several months. Power 90 is a decent workout for people who are trying to get back into shape who want to get into a mediocre level of fitness; or just maintain an average body.
Pros for Power 90:
1.)A good smooth start for beginners. It will get your body in decent shape.
2.)Short workout time. The workouts last from 35-45 minutes; stretching, warming up, workout, and cool down in all.
3.)Good mix of everything. Tony incorporates stretching, warming up, and cooling down all at the right times during a workout.
4.)Has a timer countdown on screen.
5.)Tony has great direction, tries to motivate you, and tries to be funny. Just by listening to him speak and guiding on how you should do a certain movement/stretch, you get a sense that he actually knows what he's talking about when it comes to fitness.
6.)Tony TOUCHES, but doesnt dive into what's in the P90X program. He scratches on Stretching, Yoga, Strength training, Cardio, Kicking/Punching. This sets you up and gets you somewhat used to what comes in P90X.
Cons for Power 90:
1.)When I saw the routine and the small "studio" they shot this in, I really wasnt impressed. But then again, it was my first workout
video, so I have nothing to really compare it to. It just gave me the impression that the workout would be cheesy and generic.
2.)Repetitive. You have Level 1 and Level 2 routines. Basically Cardio Level 1, and Circuit Training level 1. Once you get to level 2, you're pretty much stuck doing the same thing every other day, and it gets old after the first month.

Bottom line for Power 90: If you're only a beginner or would just like to maintain your weight/average body, Power 90 is for you. If you can't get through the regular Power 90, don't try P90X just yet. Work your way up.

*And now for P90X Review*
Like someone already said, the packaging for all 13 DVDs is great, and no excess garbage cases. The Nutrition Guide is very informative and well written, and so is the Workout Book they include. I dont follow the food guide to the 'T' since i'm on a budget, but they include great recipes for pretty much anyone's taste.

The reason I included a review of the regular Power 90 was to express just how impressed I am with the improvement and greatness that the P90X routine is.

Pros over the regular P90:
1.) The workouts are HARD. Unless you've have an Olympian type body(which 99% of us dont), these workouts will kick your butt. If it doesn't, you're obviously not trying hard enough or doing something wrong.
2.) No matter what level of fitness or what sport you love to play, you'll benefit from these routines. Tony covers everything to improve flexibility, strength, endurance, and stamina. Any athlete will become an even better one after 90 days.
3.) Not repetitive. You can go for almost 2 weeks without doing the same workout twice. In the regular Power 90, you only tasted some of the things that P90X has. This expands on EVERYTHING you learn in Power 90; things like Yoga, Strength training, Cardio, High/Low impact movements, Flexibility, etc.
4.) Price. For 120 bucks, you get the Nutrition guide, Workout Guide, and 1 intro DVD + 12 Workout DVDs. Pretty much under 10 dollars per DVD. That would be about 30$ a month, which is an average cost for going to a gym. In the long run, the program pays for itself.
5.) In reality, all you need are workout bands and your own body weight to do everything in the program. The key thing is how you use the bands, so you dont necessarily need weights or the pull-up bar. However, if you're trying to bulk up, I recommend using weights.
6.) Presentation. The workout studio they shoot it looks great and truly fits the atmosphere for the whole P90X image. Direction and guidance from Tony like always, is outstanding. He tells you exactly how to perform a stretch/workout/warmup, why you do it, and where you should feel the burn or stretch. Like someone else pointed out, his workout buddies vary in body types so you can see the results of what each body type can achieve in the end.

Cons:
1.) The workouts are long. I guess technically this isnt a con, since the program is meant to be (P90)Xtreme.
2.) Supplements are expensive. I was going to say over-priced, but then I look at the supplements that I personally like taking as an alternative to BeachBody's stuff. BB's supplements dont have as much protein as I like in my post-workout drink.

As you can see the Pros greatly outweigh the Cons...which there pretty much isnt.
Bottom line: Like other reviewers have said, if you're a beginner dont start out on P90X. Start out with Power 90 first. But if you're in decent shape, there's no other program out there that will turn you into a better athlete.

Lastly, follow a good diet. Whether you're trying to lose fat or bulk up, 60% of your results will be from your diet, believe it or not it's true.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2013 3:58 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2