Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (South Dakota)

Lindsey Stirling
Lindsey Stirling
Price: $31.84
17 used & new from $8.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good effort, June 24, 2014
This review is from: Lindsey Stirling (Audio CD)
For any fan of upbeat electronica with a clever mix of other genres. Lindsey Stirling is a pro-geek pro fun performer/musician well worth checking out.

Learner-Centered Teaching: Five Key Changes to Practice
Learner-Centered Teaching: Five Key Changes to Practice
by Maryellen Weimer
Price: $34.26
53 used & new from $27.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas, terrible writer, May 22, 2014
While I do buy into the concept and practice of Learner-Centered teaching, I find this book to be a waste of time. I feel more like I'm being scolded by the author than being taught. I find this particularly ironic from a supposed expert in teaching.

Fire with Fire
Fire with Fire
by Charles E. Gannon
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
64 used & new from $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars great start, April 27, 2014
This is a very interesting start if a series with real potential. The universe is complex and interesting and the characters are well enough drawn to feel engaging

Waking Up Dead
Waking Up Dead
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good first start, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Waking Up Dead (Kindle Edition)
Disclaimer: although this is not a solicited review, I know the author

The is Bond-Collins' first novel and it is a very good start. While I'm not generally the target audience for this book, it is engaging with decent character building, a plausible plot-line and logical development. At times the language is a little stilted but this is an occasional issue and not a deterrent. Over all this is a very solid debut novel and I look forward to future efforts. If you are a mystery/supernatural mystery fan this is a good choice.

A Question of Will (The Aliomenti Saga - Book 1)
A Question of Will (The Aliomenti Saga - Book 1)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap with crap on top., April 10, 2014
I generally don't leave reviews and almost never a negative one, but this book it terrible in ways that hurt my soul. The characters are cardboard, the plot is ridiculous, the world is silly, and the narration is on par with that of my 5 year old. While I'm sure the author did their best, this isn't even an alpha release, it's fan-fic level.

Fairy, Texas
Fairy, Texas
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sophomore effort, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Fairy, Texas (Kindle Edition)
First off, two caveats.
1) I know the author, although I bought my own copy and have not been asked for a review
2) Due to Amazon ranking inflation I'm putting a 5 on what is actually a 4 star book

Fairy Texas is an interesting second book by this new author. It is a YA that fits well within the supernatural/hidden world genre. While it incorporates some familiar elements the mythology is interesting, the characters are believable (barring the genre required "Who do I love?" dilemma), and the pacing is very good. If the follow up books are of similar caliber, this promises to be a fascinating series. All in all, it is well worth the purchase price and is a good choice for the 15+ crowd.

Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with 2.3 Gallon output per day
Crane Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with 2.3 Gallon output per day
Price: $44.99
30 used & new from $44.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost but not quite, May 30, 2013
I have had this humidifier for 18 months and like it a lot with 2 big reservations.
1) The spring for the water intake from the tank is iron and rusted out after about a year. For $45 they should have used stainless steel.
2) At the 15th month mark the fan started burning out. I typically run the humidifier at less than 50% of max but the fan had to be thoroughly cleaned,which bought me another 2 months. After that the fan simply died. I sounds like the central spindle has loosened from the actual fan.

While it is functioning, this is a great humidifier, but the rusted spring and the failing fan are real drawbacks for a machine that should last more than 18 months.

Invicta Men's 12802 Specialty Collection White Dial Nylon Watch Set with Four Interchangeable Straps

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor deal even at $39, November 17, 2012
I bought a similar watch from Invicta for the same price a couple of months ago. I have since discovered that it is not at all water resistant, and the second hand has fallen off the spindle. These are terrible watches and will not last beyond a short honeymoon period. Look elsewhere.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2012 2:40 PM PST

Invicta Men's 1551 Specialty Collection Interchangeable Watch Set
Invicta Men's 1551 Specialty Collection Interchangeable Watch Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, poor quality product., November 16, 2012
I bought this watch roughly six months ago. The first problem occurred a few weeks later. The watch is supposedly water resistant to 50 meters. The first time I took it into the water, to a total of 1 meter, water entered the housing causing a fog that took more than a week to clean up. Out of curiosity, I tried the same thing a little while later, with the same result. The watch was in the water a total of 10 minutes and leak. The final straw was this week when the second hand fell off. As I type, the second hand is bouncing around the interior housing, completely detached from the watch. While I don't expect a Rolex for the price, I did expect it to match the $20 Timex I previously used. I will not buy this brand again. Period.

The Devastation of the Indies: A Brief Account
The Devastation of the Indies: A Brief Account
by Hans Magnus Enzensberger
Price: $18.06
87 used & new from $1.93

4.0 out of 5 stars An insightful book, October 13, 2000
Bartolome was a priest in the new world and the book in an attempt to show the abuses that the Spaniards committed against the indians and the damages done in the name of Gad and the King. This book is a historiography, but well written and a quick read. It presents a new facet of the conquest and is a direct contrast to the writings of Cortes.