Profile for Michael Soh > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Soh "scuba_mike" RSS Feed (Alexandria, VA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Harbinger Training Grip WristWrap Glove, Black/Grey, X-Large
Harbinger Training Grip WristWrap Glove, Black/Grey, X-Large
Price: $26.99
16 used & new from $22.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great but the wrap gets in the way for non-body builders., December 9, 2013
Gloves are great for working out but they are meant for people who lift regularly, not the occasional "I'm going to the gym",

The wrap is annoying for someone who only lifts to stay in shape, not someone who is body building. I'm sure for people who lift competitively will find the wrap a great feature.

Rust Oleum 274232 Never Wet Multi Purpose Kit
Rust Oleum 274232 Never Wet Multi Purpose Kit
Price: $16.87
37 used & new from $16.87

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price, December 9, 2013
NOT worth the money. I purchased this at Home Depot and was looking forward to it, due in part of their viral videos on Youtube. I tried it out and it wore out within a day. One day.

I used it on shoes and it wore off a day after using them. To test, I sprayed a cardboard box. I tested it by dropping a few beads of water down the box. Worked great. The next day, water beading was less. Three days later it was no different than untreated.

I say if you're going to use this, use it as a temporary solution.

Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
Offered by DBL Emporium
Price: $65.99
9 used & new from $57.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands-down the best pedometer, June 21, 2013
If you're looking at Omron, chances are you read the same article I did where the Indiana University School of Public Health's Department of Kinesiology did a study on people wearing pedometers. Guess what? They used this model.

That isn't to say that buying these pedometer will guarantee you to lose weight or become healthier. But I've purchased another pendulum-based pedometer (the one with an audible moving part) and it was just plain annoying to hear that clicking over and over again. I wanted something digital, so I went with this one.

The Omron pedometer is super easy to use. Calibrate it and your done. I put the pedometer in my pocket in the morning and look at it throughout the day. The large display shows you clearly where you are. The clock is a great added bonus since I don't wear a watch and don't want to take out my phone just to see the time.

I don't use the memory functionality that much, but it's a great feature nonetheless. It's a great way to keep a log.

Belkin Conserve Socket F7C009 Energy-Saving Outlet (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Price: $12.98
36 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to prevent NiMH (and some Lithium Ion) overcharging, May 13, 2013
Have you ever put a rechargeable battery in the charger and forgot about it for days on end? And when you finally remember, the battery only powers your device for only a few minutes before dying? This is caused by the battery overcharging and ruined several batteries for me.

I purchased the Belkin socket to help prevent this. I set the timer for three hours and charge various batteries, including the Black & Decker Slide Battery. I've already lost two batteries to forgetting the charger.

Yes, it's a "green" thing to turn off all your devices when you're not using them. But for me, I needed to stop spending $50 for each battery. I connect a standard power strip to the conserve socket, plug in all of my chargers and press the button. Three hours later, every battery is charged and ready to go.

FYI, most cell phones are not affected by battery overcharging and this socket is only useful to just turn off the power.

Black & Decker GH3000 High Performance 7.5-Amp Electric String Trimmer, 14-Inch
Black & Decker GH3000 High Performance 7.5-Amp Electric String Trimmer, 14-Inch
Price: $69.97
17 used & new from $33.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of power, but doesn't turn well, April 14, 2013
I purchased this from Home Depot to replace my Black & Decker NST2018 Edger and Trimmer. My goal was to go to a CORDED solution since the batteries wore down too quickly.

While this trimmer is VERY powerful, the flipping of the head is WAY too difficult. It requires a lot more effort than my old one. I would recommend this item for those who only plan to use it for one function. But if you're like me and you constantly need to switch between one mode and the other, look elsewhere.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2013 1:46 PM PDT

Belkin F8Z452ttP Apple iPod Headphone Adapter with Remote
Belkin F8Z452ttP Apple iPod Headphone Adapter with Remote

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it advertises, could use a mic, February 14, 2013
I purchased this headphone adapter for use in my car's inline AUX port. I wanted a way to change songs on my iPhone 4 without having to look down, unlock my device, and pressing forward. For simplicity, this adapter takes the cake.

What I didn't realize was that this remote does not have a mic. For those of you unaware, your phone will connect calls through the headset when they are plugged in. This would be fine if the remote had a mic for your voice. Since it doesn't, I have to take my eyes off the road and fine the audio source button and switch it to speaker.

Other than this, the remote is very sturdy. I've used this with winter gloves and can press the buttons with relative ease.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2013 2:03 PM PST

Verso Prologue Cover for iPad (all generations), Samsung Galaxy Tab & Note, Motorola Xoom, HP TouchPad, Acer Iconia, Lenovo Idea Pad, Asus Transformer & LG Optimus
Offered by BlueProton
Price: $7.49
15 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive design and sturdy construction, but missing key holes, February 14, 2013
I am truly fascinated by covers for tablets that make it look like a book. I think these are quite ingenious because they allow you to wrap your tablet into something that looks classy. The Verso Prologue Covers has a wide range of cases that make the tablet work in any environment. Folios (like this Executive Case)), on the other hand, have a very professional look, which could work in a corporate setting but looks awkward when using it at home.

What I like about this cover is that the red binding makes it look like a record book, which works for business meetings but also looks antique that it works in casual settings as well.

I got this cover for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (16GB, Deep Grey). The major problem I have is that the stylus requires quite a bit of effort to pull out. Furthermore, no hole for the camera. If you find yourself taking pictures of lots of documents, this could be a deal breaker. If this is important, you may find MoKo Slim Case better.

Logitech USB Headset H530 with Premium Laser-Tuned Audio
Logitech USB Headset H530 with Premium Laser-Tuned Audio
6 used & new from $89.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Very decent headset, August 20, 2012
I do a lot of online training, both as a teacher and as a student. I needed a headset that was easy to operate. The foam headset feels cheap, but is surprisingly comfortable. The audio quality is great. Even playing music, the headset performs very well. What's great about USB is that your computer doesn't have to process the conversion from digital to analog. That is done by the headset. For data-intensive webcasts, this is critical. You want USB over a 3.5mm jack.

Microphone quality is excellent. I've heard myself via recording and it sounds like I'm sitting right next to you. Students have commented that the sound is amazing.

So why the four stars? The headset is small. I have the headphones expanded all the way and it's still not long enough. I have to move the headset back at an angle to allow the headset to rest on my ears. As a result, I can't wear the headset for long periods of time (e.g. more than 1.5 hours) without a break.

Great value for the price.

3M Privacy Filter - 3M PF23.6W9 Widescreen Monitor Privacy Screen (16:9)
3M Privacy Filter - 3M PF23.6W9 Widescreen Monitor Privacy Screen (16:9)
Price: Click here to see our price
48 used & new from $77.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as private as you might think, January 31, 2012
I purchased this filter to use with Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24-Inch (23.6-Inch Vis) Widescreen LED Monitor with Full HD 1080p and Speakers - Black. It's large enough to cover all but a small area (about a 1/16 of an inch on the horizontal side). It's not noticeable. There is enough of an edge on the monitor where you can put the filter in place without the use of the provided tabs.

Overall, the filter is a good product. Sturdy and of good quality. However, the viewing angle is a bit wide. While not "readable", it doesn't truly black out the screen as seen in the pictures. People may not be able to read your e-mail, but they can tell that you use gMail.

However, this isn't the worst part.

Because my monitor is so large, parts of the screen are hard to read with the filter in place. You have to constantly move your head of you have items on the edge of the screen that you need to look at (think notification areas). It can make your eyes strain and make your head hurt if you do this too long.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Price: $13.58
287 used & new from $2.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Continues the story with a few added twists, December 13, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Out of all the Assassin's Creed games, this one is probably the weakest. The story isn't very compelling as it was in Brotherhood.

The game picks up a few months after the events of Brotherhood (no spoilers, I promise). You continue as Ezio, but in Constantinople. Yes, there is a joke in the beginning of the game how the locals like to call it Istanbul.

Revelations interweaves events from Assassin's Creed 1, telling the story of how Altair, Ezio, and Desmond are all related.

Overall, the story is okay. But this game came with MANY, MANY bugs. You can tell that Ubisoft rushed the game to market. The patches have fixed the large majority of issues (from being unable to lock onto enemies to fellow assassins being locked into missions). Many bugs still remain, but they are mostly annoying.

A couple of new abilities have made their way into the game. A new hook-blade allows you to use zip lines throughout the city as well as grab onto higher ledges. You have access to parachutes that could save you from a deadly fall. A new arsenal of bombs allow you to kill, distract, and attract guards. Another improvement is that there is less micromanaging.

The game is worth playing if you enjoyed the AC series and want to see what happens. The game sets up for a sequel. Based on the ending, it will be interesting to see how it all ends.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4