Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Sue B. > Reviews

Browse

Sue B.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sue B. RSS Feed (Corona, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Healthy Habits: 23 Evening Habits That Help You Lose Weight, Have a Healthy Life and Healthy Sleep (Healthy Habits, Evening Habits, Sleep, Lose Weight ... Burn Fat, Weight Loss, Help Lose Weight)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Short, not well-researched, and poorly written, April 5, 2015
The ideas in the book may be good but it is so poorly written that the writing totally distracts from the message. For example, here are two sentences from the book, taken verbatim:
"Though you can walk after dinner, you may opt for an exercise regimen. Another myth in the health community is that exercise at night can cause you your sleeping time."
There are no research citations and some of the information is not evidence-based. I could have written a better book off the top of my head in a couple of hours. This was an inexpensive book that ended up being a total waste of money.

What I Remember Most
What I Remember Most
Offered by Penguin Random House Publisher Services

4.0 out of 5 stars Very touching story, April 5, 2015
Touching tale of loss, love, healing, and overcoming overwhelming obstacles. I loved the descriptions of Grenadine's art as her way of coping and healing. The writing could be better … there are some word usage errors (e.g., palette for palate) that should have been caught by an editor. Also, the social workers' reports did not ring true as they lacked the objectivity that a professional would be trained to use in describing Grenadine's demeanor and circumstances. Nonetheless, this book was a satisfying read.

Mattie
Mattie
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, March 14, 2015
This review is from: Mattie (Kindle Edition)
An interesting fictional account of the first female physician in Nebraska. There is much to admire about Mattie, although -- like the rest of the characters -- she definitely had her foibles. The descriptions of life on the prairies had the ring of authenticity. I enjoyed this book and was sad when it was over.

Sterling Silver Swarovski Crystal Beaded Holiday Light Drop Earrings
Sterling Silver Swarovski Crystal Beaded Holiday Light Drop Earrings

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller and less sparkly than picture, December 27, 2014
I was disappointed in these ... in person they look smaller, darker, and less sparkly ... to the point where I'm not sure they would be recognizable as holiday lights when wearing them. I'm returning this set.

Wrenwane Digital Kitchen Timer, Big Digits, Loud Alarm, Magnetic Backing, Stand, White
Offered by Wrenwane
Price: $17.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to see, easy to hear!, December 27, 2014
I bought this because I am hearing impaired and couldn't hear my old timer ... which meant for overcooked food in the oven! This timer has large numerals, which makes it easy to read, and more importantly, it rings loudly enough that I can hear it.

The Burning Room (A Harry Bosch Novel)
The Burning Room (A Harry Bosch Novel)
Offered by Hachette Book Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Harry Bosch Novel, December 26, 2014
One of Connelly's best, with lots of plot twists. I particularly enjoyed the relationship between Bosch and his protege Soto -- they are very different people who share a similar dedication, commitment and work ethic. I also appreciated that Soto had her own personality and reasons for being driven, and that her character did not conform to traditional female stereotypes. A very good read!

Where There's Smoke: A Short Story (Kindle Single)
Where There's Smoke: A Short Story (Kindle Single)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story with unsatisfying ending, December 26, 2014
With an unusual premise, this absorbing story is told from the point of view of a psychic with her own TV show. Interesting and engaging story that ended abruptly -- and I found the ending unsatisfying, as if left many loose ends hanging and nothing good came of the final part of the story. I really like Jodi Picoult, but don't believe this was her best work.

The Art of Hearing Heartbeats
The Art of Hearing Heartbeats
Offered by Penguin Random House Publisher Services

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, unusual story, December 1, 2014
Unconventional story of the mystery behind a man's desertion of his family and successful life in America and his daughter's search for the truth. A tribute to the enduring power of love. I wish I liked the daughter a bit better, though. I'm not sure why she didn't really resonate with me.

When I Found You
When I Found You
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching tale of loving and giving, December 1, 2014
This review is from: When I Found You (Kindle Edition)
Very touching story, from beginning to end, which speaks of the transforming and healing power of love throughout the circle of love. I won't forget this book for a long time...

Just One Thing
Just One Thing
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, predictable romance, December 1, 2014
This review is from: Just One Thing (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable book with likable characters who are not immune from significant real world problems. I caught a couple of errors, which always diminishes my enjoyment of a book. The romance seemed to good to be true, especially for people with such broken pasts. But a decent escape type book.

Page: 1 | 2