Profile for Joseph T. Van Ness > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joseph T. Van Ness "Govprof" RSS Feed (Dallas)

Green from the Ground Up: Sustainable, Healthy, and Energy-Efficient Home Construction (Builder's Guide)
by Scott Gibson
Price: $18.30
80 used & new from $12.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but incomplete!, April 25, 2010
Very good, except it didn't treat radiant floors and wind energy as much as I wanted. I'm going off-grid and need all the help I can get.

Flat Belly Diet
Flat Belly Diet
by Liz Vaccariello
623 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for women!!, November 5, 2009
This review is from: Flat Belly Diet (Hardcover)
I bought the book for my wife and am reading it to understand what she is going to be doing. I find it is just as applicable to men. I love the solid science behind the plan and will be on it with her.

The Brain in Love: 12 Lessons to Enhance Your Love Life
The Brain in Love: 12 Lessons to Enhance Your Love Life
by Daniel G. Amen
Price: $11.17
143 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Maximize, but more important to couples, September 18, 2009
Amen's "Maximize" is a comprehensive text on the brain, important to scholars, parents and anyone who wants to know how the brain works and how that knowledge can be applied. The "Love" book is a bit less scholarly, yet more insightful to the couples' niche.

Bankruptcy of Our Nation
Bankruptcy of Our Nation
by Jerry Robinson
Price: $11.82
121 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Connects the dots that the media will not!, September 2, 2009
As a retired political science professor, I knew much of what the author discusses. Therefore, he was able to establish a level of credibility for me. He took that relationship to a new level by providing well-referenced new information, connecting the dots for me in several areas. I had already become a recovering conservative Republican; finding as much fault in Republican leadership as I had previously reserved for liberal Democrats. And as an evangelical Christian, I appreciated his connection to end times.

His greatest weakness is editing. Numerous spelling and grammar errors would deter some from taking him seriously. Having graded many major papers and theses, I have learned to look past that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2011 10:49 AM PDT

Swing Kids
Swing Kids
DVD ~ Christian Bale
Price: $6.53
146 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential piece of political, social and musc history!, June 28, 2009
This review is from: Swing Kids (DVD)
This was an excellent way to see history become real. This film is as important as Orwell's "1984," but looking back, instead of forward.

Magnificent Mind at Any Age: Natural Ways to Unleash Your Brain's Maximum Potential
by Daniel G. Amen
323 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is Magnificent!, June 28, 2009
This book should be considered an essential handbook for family relations, child rearing, interpersonal relations outside of the home and guide to personal development. I can't say enough positive to give it full credit. It is a life changing book, if you let it be.