Profile for M. Bergen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Bergen RSS Feed (Southwest US)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
PetPad Large 48" X 30" KenkoTM
PetPad Large 48" X 30" KenkoTM

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny for me!, April 25, 2014
This review is from: PetPad Large 48" X 30" KenkoTM
My golden retriever has slept on one of these beds for most of her life. My other dog always slept on my bed. When the younger one got sick, the golden let him sleep on her Kenko bed until the day I had to put him to sleep. Now she's back to using it regularly. She has hypothyroidism, arthritis, and kidney disease, but she's 16 years old and going strong. I credit good genetics and good care, but I don't doubt that this bed has increased her longevity. I have a Nikken pillow too and it's incredibly relaxing. I don't know how magnets work, but they work!!

Girl, Interrupted
Girl, Interrupted
DVD ~ Winona Ryder
Offered by TOTAL ECLIPSE ENTERTAINMENT
Price: $8.95
293 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cast with one exception, March 21, 2014
This review is from: Girl, Interrupted (DVD)
Superb cast, especially Jolie, who had to go and ruin her Oscars acceptance speech by giving us a little bit "TMI". The only thing I didn't like about this movie was Winona Ryder, who looks a lot like Kaysen, but can't really play anybody except herself. Good writing except for a silly, melodramatic ending that rang false. Brittany Murphy was exceptional as the fragile Daisy Rampone.

It's easy to criticize the 60's approach to mental illness when we know so much more now. But I lived through those times, and people really did tend to worship Freud and blame everything on poor parenting. And the Viet Nam war didn't help anybody's sense of stability.

Can You Hear the Laughter? - The Story of Freddie Prinze [VHS]
Can You Hear the Laughter? - The Story of Freddie Prinze [VHS]
VHS
Offered by jerrysgoods
Price: $19.58
15 used & new from $4.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreck, January 25, 2014
Ira Angustain may look exactly like Freddie Prinze, but that's where the resemblance ends. He has none of the razor-sharp wit or intensity of the real person. It would have been more convincing if they'd picked an actor who looked less like Freddie but had a more similar personality.

Power of Habit: The Truth About How To Change Your Thinking Through Understanding Motivation, What We Do & Why We Do It
by Alexandra Masters
Price: $13.77
17 used & new from $10.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Fluff, January 25, 2014
I heard this was a great book so I bought it, then found out the recommender meant the one by Charles Duhigg. I highly recommend the Duhigg version. This version is completely unscientific.

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, Fragrance-Free, 2 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, Fragrance-Free, 2 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Offered by OTCMASTER
Price: $4.94
33 used & new from $4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it right and it lasts for months, March 19, 2013
I LOVE this stuff. All I need is a tiny amount (the size of a pea) applied to slightly damp hands, and it keeps my hands moist and non-greasy until I wash them again. Don't use too much or it will feel greasy. Great for your cuticles too.

My skin is normal/dry, not severely chapped or ultra-sensitive. It's perfect for me.

The Bad Place
The Bad Place
by Dean Koontz
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
249 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Made me swear off Koontz forever, November 16, 2012
I loved Watchers, Lightning, and the Mask. But this book was SO disgusting and creepy I had to take a bath inside and out. It literally left a bad smell in my nose. I haven't read anything of his since.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2012 2:45 PM PST

Trespassing
Trespassing
Offered by Harrison Media Sales Group
Price: $6.00
85 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I'm just old, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Trespassing (Audio CD)
Maybe I'm just old, but a lot of us Adam-watchers are! This is a great collection of dance-friendly, scarf-on-the-doorknob music. There's nothing wrong with that, and Adam's voice is superb, as always.

I've learned by now that Nobody Tells Adam Lambert What To Do. But may I make a request, Mr. Lambert? Could you maybe THINK about doing a raw, unplugged, hard rock album, sometime in the future perhaps? Whenever you feel like it, of course. Just a request. I would never presume to tell you which artistic path to take.

If I'm still waiting for a Freddie Mercury or a Robert Plant to emerge from this kid, it's because I know he's capable of rising that high.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2013 2:34 PM PST

Blood Moon
Blood Moon
DVD ~ Shelby Fenner
22 used & new from $1.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking little film, January 29, 2012
This review is from: Blood Moon (DVD)
I expected a mindless, fun, trashy little flick and was pleasantly surprised. Although it was disjointed and implausible in places, it posed a lot of pithy questions: What defines a freak? Someone with hair all over their body? No legs? A hermaphrodite? A violent bully? A self-pitying loner? A pretty but socially inept blonde girl with no true friends? A cold-hearted scientist who experiments on animals to further her career in cosmetic science? A charismatic huckster who feels most comfortable surrounded by the physically deformed? And why would a sweet, gentle young girl willingly turn into a monster just to become beautiful? Why wouldn't she? A lot of people do.

The only normal character in this film was the wolf (the real one), who mostly stood there looking bewildered at the antics of these crazy humans.

This film has a surreal, old-world quality with an undertone of eugenics. In one short but chilling scene, a scientist delivers a speech to a room full of white-coated, zombie-ish colleagues, telling them that people don't want to just seem normal; they want to be normal, and that science can help them. For instance, he tells them, "brown eyes can be detected - and corrected - in the womb." Third Reich, anyone?

The ending is deeply unsatisfying and disturbing, but I can't imagine it turning out any other way.

Everyday Pediatrics for Parents
Everyday Pediatrics for Parents
by Elmer R. Grossman
43 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm surprised, January 8, 2012
I have met this man, and I'm surprised that such a cold, uncaring person could be so lauded. Oh well, I guess he treats some patients better than others.

Girl in a Swing [VHS]
Girl in a Swing [VHS]
VHS
Offered by VHS movies for your VCR
Price: $29.99
12 used & new from $4.50

1.0 out of 5 stars The book was wonderful; the movie was awful, August 1, 2011
This review is from: Girl in a Swing [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I read the book and loved it from start to finish - you could understand why the beautiful and brilliant Kathe (not "Karin") fell in love with the staid, unhandsome Alan. This movie makes you wonder what she sees in him, and he in her. Meg Tilly is gorgeous to look at, but not at all appealing in this movie. And wasn't the girl supposed to be Danish, not German? Oh well. The movie lacks the suspense, tragedy, and genuine love the book so beautifully described. Sorry - the film stinks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3