Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for Thom Bone > Reviews

Browse

Thom Bone's Profile

Customer Reviews: 601
Top Reviewer Ranking: 922

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thom Bone RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA USA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Electronic Ultrasonic Plug in Rodent Repeller Controls Home Pests and Keeps Family Safe - Repel Mice, Rats, Moths, Bats,Mosquitoes, Flies, Fleas, Spiders and More Insects (white)
Offered by eagle007
Price: $15.59

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't bother my kitty yet seems to work, April 30, 2016
To be honest, it's kind of hard to prove absolutely that this device is working. However, I will say that our Ragdoll cat hasn't caught a single mouse since I installed it. It's not like we're overrun with mice to start with but they are doing construction behind our house and a couple of the field rodents did try to enter the house. Our reliable furry little mouser caught both of them, no problem, but when offered one of these devices for evaluation I had to try it at the entry point I knew they were coming in at just the same.

Since I installed it, nothing else has happened even though the construction is still going on. nothing has tried to enter the house through that entry point. Is it the device or is it just dumb luck? I'm not sure. However, if you're worried about the sound it's putting out bothering your pet, my cat does not seem to be bothered by it in the least bit.

I'm still going to reinforce the little crack that I noticed they most likely came in through in the first place, the field mice that is. However, the device does seem to have merit.

One final thought, since high frequencies cannot penetrate walls very well at all, if at all, if you were going to go with these devices in the first place, then you're probably going to want to get a few of them because I can't imagine that they would have much range. Certainly you would need one for every room at the very least.

Luckily, they're not very expensive.

I give this 5 stars because I can't find a reason not to give it 5 stars. :)

Fifine® Plug and Play Home Studio USB Desktop PC condenser Microphone,Windows and Mac compatible,ideal for Chatting, Skype, MSN, Yahoo yotube Recording.
Offered by Fifine shop
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a very specialized microphone that does well for what it was made for, April 28, 2016
Don't expect to use this as a room mic as it is designed for vocals, up close. The drop-off is severe so you have to have them like an inch or two away from its source at all times. There is no volume adjustment are preamp or anything like that.

The quality is decent in general but for the price I would say the quality is excellent. As long as you don't think that this is a general-purpose microphone, you'll be fine. Know what you were buying it for and what you are using it for and it is a very good choice for things like podcast and interview recordings and such (spoken word). But the drop off, again, is very severe, even one foot away is too far.

The frequency response stops at 16000 Hertz. For many people that may seem fine but even inaudible harmonics do add to the warmth and character of an input signal. The fact that this mic has such a low shelf is something to consider if you plan to use it for anything other than vocals.

Five stars because it works great for what it was designed for. Don't blame it for not being a general-purpose microphone, because it simply isn't. Think of it as a mic to use when you don't want to capture a lot of background noise and you will find this to be a valuable tool. In my example, it wasn't even able to pick up the background computer fans in the room, leaving a very quiet noise floor. I actually like that.

I received this microphone for evaluation and evaluate it I did.

ORICO USB 3.1 Type-C and Type-A PCI-E Express Card Adapter(10 Gbps) with 15 Pin Power Connector Mini PCI-E USB 3.1 Hub Controller Adapter for Desktop PC (PA31-AC)
Offered by ORICO Technology Co.,Ltd
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works beautifully!, April 27, 2016
A simple way to add USB 3.1 support to any computer with a free PCI Express x1 slot. Windows 7 recognized the card right away and it was off to the races.

I've tried a few devices including an external USB 3.1 hard drive and it is very nice indeed. Lightning fast.

This is a very stable card, it really works well. I can't imagine why I would give it less than five stars. So I didn't. ;)

I3C Anti-Theft Security Hardware Cable Lock Kit for Laptop, MacBook, iPad, Tablets, iPhone, can Secure Virtually Anything, Black
Offered by NO1PARTS
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars it looks good but looks can be deceiving, April 27, 2016
I received this for evaluation and I must say that it looks very similar to the much more expensive ones that you can buy at the hardware store. But unfortunately, looks aren't everything. It is extremely easy to defeat this tether lock because the part that supposed to stick simply doesn't have a strong enough glue to hold it into place. It's very easy with a strong tug to just tear it off.

I gave it one extra star because if you're using it for looks, no problem. Sometimes just the fact that it's there would probably deter someone. But if you're looking for actual security from this, look elsewhere.

They really need to rethink the adhesive that they're using. Their choice was a fatal design flaw.

RicoRich Bluetooth FM Transmitter for Car, FM Radio Stereo Adapter ,Wireless Bluetooth Radio Dual USB Port Car Charger with Handsfree Calling for iPhone Android (Black)
Offered by RicoRich
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job nicely, April 25, 2016
Pairs up quickly and puts out a strong signal. 2 USB charging ports make it simple to keep my devices topped off if I want to. The cigarette lighter plug pass through is the icing on the cake.

What more could I ask for? I received this one for evaluation and I plan to buy a few more to give away as gifts.

FoodSaver V3240 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit
FoodSaver V3240 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit
Price: $119.83
49 used & new from $75.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Ours dropped dead after light use after only 13 months (of course), April 23, 2016
They just don't make FoodSavers like they used to. The last one that I had many years ago lasted me a long long time. But when it finally died I replaced it with this model. I figured that a little over $100 I would get an appliance that would serve me at least as well as my old one, right? I was dreaming. A little over a year since I bought it and tonight while trying to seal a simple bag it just died-- right in the middle of the suction phase you could hear the motor just quit. Before that, it was acting funny already for the last few times I tried using it, rapidly flashing blinking lights. I had to unplug it and plug it back in to reset it. not being satisfied that I figured out a way to coax it into working, I'll be at with great frustration, it decided to die on me anyway. And right after the warranty expired, too. Who would have guessed?

I'm sorry but over $100 for a product that only works when you don't use it? No thank you. I'm really disappointed. I feel completely ripped off. Why do they even make lower priced versions of these things if the quality Is so bad that there's nothing you could ever rely on it for, because it's just going to break right after the warranty expires?

How is this a good value?

I'm going to shop around and try to find a different brand a vacuum sealer because I no longer trust the FoodSaver brand. Absolute horrible cheap quality compared to the way they used to make them. No joke.

Do yourself a favor and buy anything but this!

Zero stars if I could.

Earphones with Mic.,Microphone Earbuds Ear Pods High Resolution Heavy Bass,Volume Control and Noise Isolating Headphones 3.5mm Jack (black)
Offered by AIKON

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 stars for value, not for sound quality, April 23, 2016
What do you expect, for the price of course they don't sound like a pair of $50 ear buds. But that doesn't mean that they aren't a good value just the same.

If you listen to a lot of audio books or you want a pair of earphones that you don't mind trashing or losing, then you can do far worse than these.

If you are an audiophile putting some quality first then you wouldn't be looking into this set to begin with. So for those who just want to hear things in private, these work just fine.

I received this sample for evaluation and they are a go to set for me when I am out and about and at risk of losing my earphones. I also like the fact that they are wired because frankly, I can hear the compression in most low budget Bluetooth headphone sets. As such, when it comes to budget sets I definitely prefer wired.

Wireless Bluetooth Sport Headphones with Mic,Runner Headset Wireless Bluetooth Earphones with Mic and Sweatproof Bluetooth Earbuds- Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headset for Running, Red
Offered by AIKON
Price: $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, April 23, 2016
I've tested the battery life thoroughly and the 10 hour rating is pretty much spot on.

The set stays in the ears very well-- even when doing lots of activity. They feel balanced in my ears and are very comfortable.

They paired up very easily with all of my devices and last but not least, they sound very very good for a set in this price range.

You can do much much worse than these.

Recommended.

Swees 3-in-1 Mini DisplayPort (Mini DP) Thunderbolt to HDMI / VGA / DVI Adapter Cable Converter Full HD 1080p for Apple Mac Book MacBook Pro MacBook Air Mac mini
Offered by sweesdirect
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works without any issues., April 22, 2016
I received one for evaluation and I tested it with all ports. It works flawlessly. There really is nothing more to say. It works and it works well.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like them but sorry, NO., April 22, 2016
I received these for evaluation and I really wanted to like them but they really aren't made very well. The carrying case is a joke and is made out of really cheap materials that are so bad that the first time I tried to pop the button to open it, it tore.

A carrying bag is also included and I would imagine that it would almost be necessary since it took me absolutely nothing to scratch the lenses. All I did was set them down and pick them back up.

The lenses are very thin cheap plastic and the frame is also very thin cheap plastic. I don't know if they're trying to be slick or something but it just isn't working. The lack of quality is evident.

Also I highly doubt they will protect from UV because they're not very dark at all. I'm just not impressed. 2 Stars because I have seen worse. Avoid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20