Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Thom Bone > Reviews

Browse

Thom Bone's Profile

Customer Reviews: 494
Top Reviewer Ranking: 583

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thom Bone RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA USA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ending the Drug Addiction Pandemic: Discovering the Liberating Truth
Ending the Drug Addiction Pandemic: Discovering the Liberating Truth
by Phd James R. Milam
Price: $11.50
29 used & new from $7.47

1.0 out of 5 stars A fishing trip beyond belief., August 19, 2015
Was this meant to be comedy?

It is no wonder that Miliam treatment centers themselves don't tell their inmates about this book. It is hilariously bad and nonsensical throughout.

I especially love the part (sarcasm) where he slams the co-author of his other fishing trip, Under the Influence, because she dared to write a book on nutrition that this little Napoleon didn't approve of. He flat out states that he only used her for her writing skills and only because she allowed him to bully her.

I can go on all day about this passive aggressive (against AA mainly) masterpiece on how not to write a book on addiction, but I won't as it isn't worth any more of my time.

Reckless is a gentle way to describe it.

Miliam is retired now but his legacy runs quite a treatment center scam in the Seattle area. I wouldn't even know where to begin in trying to describe this program of theirs which is designed from the ground up to generate repeat business.

P.S. The photos I have attached to this review show that I have in my possession his way out of print "ECCA" as well as a first printing hardcover of his other book, "Under the Influence". I posted these pictures so that you would know, dear reader, that I am not just someone who is talking smack against this or any other Milam work. Since I reference these two works in a comment to this review, replying to someone who claims to be Milam himself, I wanted to prove that I actually do have them in my possession, that I am not lying. Both works are very rare. In fact, the ECCA is practically impossible to find-- even a casual read of ECCA makes it pretty clear that this rarity is probably quite deliberate. Now then, that being said, I am not trying to attack the man, but I am definitely attacking his work. They are reckless and dangerous works in my opinion, an opinion which I am allowed to have, when taken out of context in the deliberately prejudicial way that they are presented to the reader.

This isn't a review so much as it is a warning. Stay clear of this joker. He HAS been thoroughly debunked and is running quite a treatment center scam in the state of Washington, which is a state with VERY LAX laws on this sort of thing. In WA, almost anyone can call themselves a "treatment specialist" or whatnot. It's a "wild west" thanks to the Hughes Act and poor state laws on this subject. Relentlessly terrible treatment centers are quite a racket in WA, causing all sorts of damage to the few respectful, legitimate sources of true recovery that are still available.

Thank you for reading. :)

P.P.S. For anyone interested, William R. Miller (Emeritus Distinguished Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque) and Ernest Kurtz (RIP Ernie, he passed away recently and is very much missed by many including myself-- author of "Not God" which is ISBN-10: 0894860658 and ISBN-13: 978-0894860652, etc.), two EXTREMELY respected authors, archivists and researchers in the fields of alcoholism, addiction, psychology and psychiatry, temperance movement history and much more?

Well, they got together and wrote a paper called "Models of Alcoholism Used in Treatment - Contrasting A.A. and Other Models with Which it is Often Confused". Milam is prominently discussed within it. Actually, I am being nice. He is actually pretty thoroughly debunked (read: torn to shreds) by it. Much of Milam's rhetoric is deeply dismantled, piece by piece, in it. This fascinating article is 100% free and can be downloaded in PDF here: hindsfoot.org/tcek08.pdf

It is quite enlightening.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2015 4:28 PM PDT

Pearce Glock 43 Grip Frame Insert Plug
Pearce Glock 43 Grip Frame Insert Plug
Offered by L&K MRE Sales
Price: $7.69
2 used & new from $7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly!, August 19, 2015
Why Glock doesn't give you these as standard dumbfounds me.

It really is the perfect finishing touch.

Xbox Live 12+1 Month Gold Membership Card
Xbox Live 12+1 Month Gold Membership Card
Offered by RushHourWholesalers
Price: $52.86
6 used & new from $47.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great deal!, August 19, 2015
A great bargain and it worked perfectly. 13 months for well less than the normal price of 12. How can you go wrong?

SWI35550-Swingline 35550 - High-Capacity Staples, 3/8 Inch Leg Length, 2500/Box
SWI35550-Swingline 35550 - High-Capacity Staples, 3/8 Inch Leg Length, 2500/Box
Offered by Achilles Trade
Price: $6.03
32 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best! Don't skimp on staples., August 19, 2015
Perfect. Great quality and they do not jam. Reliability makes them worth every penny at twice the price. And yet, they are a great value.

Whenever I did buy cheap staples I have always regretted it. No more. Just drop some of these in and go to town. :)

FlipPix Jigsaw - Notes
FlipPix Jigsaw - Notes
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't get enough!, August 19, 2015
This review is from: FlipPix Jigsaw - Notes (App)
I already own over half of their games. They are an absolute joy to play.

They are worth the money normally but as a FAOTD this are a must-download.

Don't miss this. If you like puzzle games at all you will most certainly enjoy it. :)

Fantastic 4 in a Row HD
Fantastic 4 in a Row HD
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Having fun!, August 8, 2015
This review is from: Fantastic 4 in a Row HD (App)
I absolutely love this game.

Very well written and the computer is very clever indeed!

some different game mode I am still exploring but I am having enough fun with the default as it is. Contains flurry analytics (I am done worrying about Flurry because frankly they are among the least of the analytical evils out there) and amazon game circle but I find no adware, spyware or malware and so the app is safe to install.

Enjoy this game especially while it is the free app of the day. :)

Bluecell Black 5 Pack Microphone Windscreen Foam Cover
Bluecell Black 5 Pack Microphone Windscreen Foam Cover
Offered by safeinu
Price: $2.22
9 used & new from $2.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, August 5, 2015
I bought a bunch of these because I have a lot of microphones.

They do come in a package that has been vacuum sealed so they are distorted and miss shaped when you first take them out of the package. They also smell when you first take them out. But this problem was easily remedied: I washed them in some Woolite and let them air dry. Now they are in perfect shape and smell wonderful.

They are well constructed and obviously durable.

Have no fear if you purchase these; you will be happy with your decision to do so.

Docooler Qi Standard Wireless Charging Receiver for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 N9000 N9005
Offered by Everydaysource
Price: $5.98
3 used & new from $5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars These work great!, August 5, 2015
I already have a nice qi pad. I bought some spare batteries for my Note 3 (a phone I will die with because I will NEVER give up an SD slot and removable batteries!) And stuck these onto them. Now not only do.I have spares but charging the battery that is in the phone is as simple as setting the phone down. I love it. And I do not have to worry about breaking the microSD charging port on the phone either.

Awesome.

Trace Minerals 40,000 Volts, 8-Ounce
Trace Minerals 40,000 Volts, 8-Ounce
Price: $13.17
12 used & new from $10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, August 5, 2015
Not only does this add valuable trace minerals and electrolytes back to water that has been subjected to, say, reverse osmosis or even strong filtering, but this also makes it taste amazing-- like expensive mineral water.

Win/win!

Servers Ultimate Pro
Servers Ultimate Pro
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, August 5, 2015
This review is from: Servers Ultimate Pro (App)
I don't even know where to begin. This app gives Android so much power to do so many advanced networking applications that it has become indispensable on all of my devices.

Of course it isn't for everyone. Most people would have no idea what most of these options are. But that is okay. They don't have to . The fact that an app like this even exists literally doubles the power of Android as far as I'm concerned. You don't even have to root your device to be able to use most of the protocols here.

I often use the FTP server and I love to use the web server for portable prototyping, for examples.

And so much more.

Wonderful! Genius. 5 stars!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20