Profile for Vbgcgirl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vbgcgirl RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Full Size SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector - Vinyl Free
Offered by Everyday Pure
Price: $37.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job!, July 27, 2014
Fast shipping, excellent product. This is the second one we bought so that if there is an accident in the middle of the night we can just switch it with the other one. We've experienced no leaks or issues with putting it on our sons mattress.

Vivo Per Lei Facial Peeling, 1.7-Fluid Ounce
Vivo Per Lei Facial Peeling, 1.7-Fluid Ounce
Offered by Etailz
Price: $8.47
27 used & new from $5.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not believe the hype- here OR the malls!, January 2, 2014
This cream is worth the cost on amazon. If you get accosted by anyone working at the Vivo/Premier kiosk at the mall- just turn the other way. It is extremly overpriced there. I'm from Long Island and he tried to sell it to my for $150, with the day cream for $130. They will try to squeeze as much from you and try to make
You believe they are only doing this for "you" and throw extras in and lower the cost. Well I only went because a friend recommended it. It doesn't take a genius to see that the flakes are NOT dead skin cells. Baby smooth fine pored skin on the top of mind hand would NOT produce that much dead skin. While he was trying to sell me some hand cream I quickly tried rubbing this peel between my two fingers and behold! The "dead skin" in seconds! Ok. So I wound up getting three products for over $100 when he wanted to initally sell me two products for $280. Then I go home on amazon and see that they are all here for much much cheaper. Well, those of you who say "Buy from a dealer- these are fake", are wrong. I DID buy from a dealer. I hate the way the peel smells, it feels tacky on my skin, and it's nearly impossible to rub off completely - it's true- if you have even baby fine hairs it will stick like balled up glue. Awful product, awful company.

Aurorae Yoga Slip Free Rosin Bag. Stop Slipping on your Yoga Mat, Odor Free and Non Sticky. Made in USA.
Offered by AURORAE
Price: $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy the bag, March 28, 2013
Don't obsess over this. Its cheap, and it works. This company is fantastic with great customer service too. I have the Aurorae Ultra Thick Memory Foam long mat. Its so comfortable and after washing it a few times and using the bag - no slipping!

Aurorae Yoga Mats - Ultra Thick, Extra Long with Focal point Icon and Illuminating Colors. SGS approved Free from Phthalates and Latex. All products guaranteed. Midnight
Offered by AURORAE
Price: $44.95
2 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, non-skid mat - slippery at first..., March 24, 2013
This mat is long, comfortable, and non skid. But it was pretty slippery the first few times. My feet and hands would very slowly start to slip (probably wouldn't be noticeable to anyone else, its something you can feel rather than see). This wasn't hot yoga and I certainly wasn't sweating - just the sheer body heat from my bare hands and feet against the mat caused the sliding. However, I contacted the company and the owner, Dennis, responded right away. Here are some tips he included in his email, and maybe they will help you too. I am so glad I didn't return it, because after only washing it twice, it made a huge difference. I also love how it has sort of a memory foam quality. You can see the imprints your hands and feet make in the mat, yet once you're finished, it goes right back to its original state.

"I hope you don't mind me contacting you directly, but I read your e mail and I want to make sure we do everything possible to help you with your slipping issue. This is not an uncommon problem with new mats. There is a certain amount of resin (oil) they use to make mats. This is in all synthetic materials and you will even get in most natural rubbers. When you perspire it will activate the resin and bring to the top of the mat and create slipping. Why we tell you to wash your mat is that it helps expedite the aging process, which will eventually eliminate most of the resin. It's like a pair of jeans. They are very stiff in its natural state and we spend a fortune for all these expensive washing processes to soften and make the jean more comfy. The same thing happens with a mat. The more you use it the less slippery it will get.

Please continue to follow the washing instructions below it may take a few washes and use. I understand how frustrating it could be, but this is not unusual with a new mat.

* Wash your mat in the washing machine alone with detergent on gentle, warm water and extra rinse cycle. This will help break in your mat. Repeat as needed. If you have an older top loader machine with an agitator I recommend washing by hand with a brush or coarse sponge to avoid any damage to the mat.

* After rinsing your mat wrap your mat in a bath towel and squeeze excess water out.

* Hang dry outside in the sun if possible. DO NOT PUT IN DRYER. The sun will help dry up the resins in your mat

* Hang dry over shower rod if you can't dry outside. Make sure mat is completely dry before using."

The fact that he responded directly and was so helpful was very impressive to me. They obviously care about their product and service. Apparently these instructions came with the mat and of course I discarded it, not realizing. Don't hesitate to buy this mat, and don't give up if you feel yourself "slipping" on first try. Doesn't take long to break in!

Ty Winks Elephant
Ty Winks Elephant
Price: $9.99
49 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favorite animal, March 17, 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ty Winks Elephant (Toy)
This was given to me as a gift for my firstborn, now 3 years old. For some reason, out of all the animals he's had, this one is his favorite (and he's a typical, truck loving, dinosaur playing, rough and tumble boy). We named it "Ellie", and Ellie sleeps with him every night, and he holds onto Ellie's trunk for comfort when he's sick or tired. He recently had the flu for a full week and Ellie did NOT leave his side the entire week; I was so happy it gave him so much comfort. It is super soft and "beanie" and I have thrown it in the wash so many times. I plan to give this as a gift to my friend who bought it for him three years ago - she is due with her first baby and I hope her baby enjoys it as much as mine!

Favorite Nursery Rhymes from Mother Goose
Favorite Nursery Rhymes from Mother Goose
by Scott Gustafson
Price: $15.15
39 used & new from $1.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mother Goose I've Seen, January 1, 2012
I remember most of these nursery rhymes from when I was a toddler and up. My parents - especially my mother - read to us a lot, and at a young age I knew most of these by heart. Now I am 34 with a 2 year old of my own, and as a teacher, I am always scouting out books for him with beautiful illustrations that aren't too busy. This, in my opinion, was hands down the best Mother Goose I've encountered. No cheesy cartoons, and no small illustrations crammed in with two much text. Each rhyme is either a double page illustration or a full page illustration with the text on the other side. The illustrations are gorgeous. There is something vintage about them that reminds me of the books I read as a child, when I would get lost in certain illustrations. It definitely had that nostalgia - at least for me! I just read the entire book to my 2 year old before his nap and he loved it. Its also great because of reading comprehension - you can explain words and meaning of the text - since obviously its a little above a toddler to grasp totally. A great gift!

Nordic Naturals Baby's Dha, 2 fl Ounce
Nordic Naturals Baby's Dha, 2 fl Ounce
Offered by Sports Enthusiast
Price: $13.56
49 used & new from $11.24

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good..., January 9, 2011
We just started giving our 11 month old this daily. We give him 3ml a day, broken up as 1ml 3 times a day - based on his weight. I mix 1 ml with his breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was surprised, you can't even taste it when mixed with food! I am not sure he would take it straight from the dropper, though. This is a high quality oil and I am happy with it so far.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous texture, taste, and color..., November 20, 2010
I am a lip balm fanatic - I can't tell you how many I've tried over the years! I have tried everything from MAC, Clinique, Chanel, Bert's Bees, Laura Mercier, Tarte, etc - I can honestly say this is one of the best. The texture of this balm is smooth but not slick like vaseline...a bit more velvety. And its NOT sticky at all or gooey. I have Guava, which is colorless and yummy (none of the scents are overbearing) , Wild Rose (a dark berry stain - very strong pigment so I rub just a little on my lips until it just looks , well, "stained") , and my FAVORITE - JASMINE. This does NOT smell like flowers, it has the mildest cotton candy like scent (to me) and the faintest color - like a very light pink - but barely there. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Pat the Puppy (Pat the Bunny) (Touch-and-Feel)
Pat the Puppy (Pat the Bunny) (Touch-and-Feel)
by Edith Kunhardt
Edition: Plastic Comb
Price: $9.18
99 used & new from $4.15

1.0 out of 5 stars Too wordy, not as fun as Pat the Bunny, October 9, 2010
My 7.5 month old loves Pat the Bunny - the words are simple enough that he understands their meaning "now YOU pat the bunny" etc. He can do every activity. This book is too wordy, and the activiites are way too hard. All the wants to do is rip the flimsy frog from the page.

Laugh and Learn About Childbirth
Laugh and Learn About Childbirth
DVD ~ Sheri Bayles
Price: $35.96
4 used & new from $31.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Good info, bad jokes..., January 17, 2010
My husband and I are barely halfway through this video: while the info is informative, it could've been condensed. The instructor wastes too much time making cheesy jokes and awful impersonations of pregnant women. We come across as shrill, neurotic, and dowdy - and the husbands, like dopes. Its like watching a bad improv, and everyone in the audience knows the comedian is sinking but is too polite to say so...

Page: 1 | 2