Profile for westo22 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

westo22 RSS Feed

Adidas miCoach Speed Cell for Apple Ipod and Iphone
Adidas miCoach Speed Cell for Apple Ipod and Iphone

1.0 out of 5 stars Speed Cell not compatible with Android Devices, May 22, 2014
I purchased this product from ADIDAS directly. The packaging clearly states compatible with Android. I have had this product sitting my desk for about 6 months now, doing absolutely nothing.

Posted onJan 11, 2014 8:50 PM
Link: [...]

The SPEED_CELL™ Bluetooth® is not compatible with Android devices nor computers yet.

Currently it works with the miCoach Mobile App and the miCoach multi-sport app on iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, iPod 5th generation. It's also compatible with the miCoach SMART RUN.

So I have to buy a $600 product to use this $70 product? That sounds reasonable...

Whoever is running the show over there in software development is failing miserably. I wouldn't trust them to run a bath.

Its Garbage that they have stopped selling these or ordered a recall. I use to be loyal to Adidas. There are too many competitors in your market to pull stunts like this. You've lost a customer.

Canon PIXMA iP4920 Premium Inkjet Photo Printer (5287B002)
Canon PIXMA iP4920 Premium Inkjet Photo Printer (5287B002)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible printer, April 17, 2012
I use to work at a big company run by a very rich man that made a lot of money on operating systems. I was in a lab of 600 printers for about 10 months testing their compatibility with different Windows operating systems whether that be forward compatibility on a future OS or backwards compatibility on a previously released OS. It was not the most excilerating job but I know printers decent enough.

I tell you right now with technology that printers should be as simple as you plug it in and you start printing. For a basic home printer there are no "smarts" inside of the printer all it does it receive commands and execute them.

This paticular printer plugs-in and installs right off the bat like expected. However when you go to print a test page or any page at all the printer acts like its going to work and then prints the first line or two of the page then just hangs... then after about 30 seconds you get this little pop up:

"Print data cannot be sent because of the current printer status
Check that the printer is connected and the power is on. If an error has occured in the printer, clear the error.
Even when the printer is operating correctly, this message may appear if the printer is taking a long time to perform an operation. If this message does not disappear after some time, stop printing, and then print again"

I have reinstalled the drivers, tried new ones etc...but its simply not worth my time to have to troubleshoot a brand new product on the most popular up to date Windows(7) operating system. It should just work.

My guess is there something wrong with the driver or there is something going on with the USB ports. Instead of troubleshooting hours of my valuable time away, I will write them a solid Amazon review here. Don't buy this garbage.

Brine Championship Soccer Ball
Brine Championship Soccer Ball
Offered by OnlineSports
Price: $99.95
2 used & new from $78.51

2.0 out of 5 stars A practice ball at best..., January 31, 2012
This review is from: Brine Championship Ball (Sports)
I am very disappointed in this ball.

1. The ball was lopsided for the first three days of having air in it. I can write that off since it has been package for awhile.
2. The ball either feels too flat or it is too pumped...there is no in-between.
3. The ball bounces far too much and high
4. Some of the panels stick out further than the other causing the ball to roll unevenly on the floor
5. In the rain the ball is far too slick with the glossy surface / In the sun or heat the ball gets stuck under the foot very easily

I should have invested more money and gone with a nicer ball but I assumed since this was the same ball I played with in college (I dont remember them being this poor) and the ball they used/use for NCAA it would be sufficient to play with... I was wrong and its being tucked away in the garage as its too frustrating to play with.

Timex Mid-Size T5G971 Personal Trainer Heart Rate Monitor Watch
Timex Mid-Size T5G971 Personal Trainer Heart Rate Monitor Watch
Offered by LuxuryExpo
Price: $64.95
13 used & new from $35.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything I expected it to be, May 16, 2011
This was a great buy. All I wanted was something that tracks my heart rate and estimated calories burned. This has both of those attributes but has also given me a new motivation to get to the gym. It has changed my style of workouts to reach a certain estimated calories burned rather than just being in the gym for a certain amount of time. It also gives me a better idea when I slack off.

Combine this HRM, [...] and some solid discipline and you will see some great results.