Profile for J. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. RSS Feed

Whiskey Coolers (2 Sets of 9) 100% U.S. Made
Whiskey Coolers (2 Sets of 9) 100% U.S. Made

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stay chilled very long, February 26, 2012
Bought these in hopes of keeping my whiskey cold without getting watered down. Well, the drink doesn't get watered down but seems like it gets to room temperature pretty quickly. It didn't keep it nearly as cold as I like it and just becomes warm as quick as if I had the whiskey chilled to begin with. They just don't retain their coldness long enough. I'll stick with real ice, it's still more enjoyable.

Philips 40PFL5706/F7 40-inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Wireless Net TV, Black
Philips 40PFL5706/F7 40-inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Wireless Net TV, Black
3 used & new from $399.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Better options for the money., December 12, 2011
I had high hopes when I saw the features of this TV for the price. I bought this mainly for PC gaming, along with the Netflix web app on the TV. I ignored CNET's review of this TV and took a risk. CNET's review was pretty much spot on, wish I would have listened.

Good:
-Net TV app with built in WiFi
-120Hz

Bad:
-Terrible color reproduction
-Hardly any picture options. In PC mode, you only have brightness and contrast. Everything else I had to force through my video card options. In TV mode, the options are still very limited. The main set up is for dummies and consists of 4 pictures asking which you like better. From there, you don't have much control. The colors looked washed out and the black levels are horrendous once you reach a decent brightness.
-Blurry picture when connected to PC over HDMI. Even with correct overscan settings, pixel format, and TV set to PC Mode, the picture was terrible compared to a monitor. Everything looked like it had morphological AA applied and was not sharp at all like a monitor. Being that a big selling point of this is the wireless PC connect, I expected much better for PC monitor use.
-Net TV app menus are slow to respond. Netflix mainly, selecting through the movies is a 1-2 second delay after you press a button.

I sent this TV back already because I was not satisfied at all. The average user probably won't be disappointed but I have another 3 year old Philips TV and an Asus PC monitor to compare to. This TV's picture is terrible in comparison no matter what settings you try. If you are using this for PC use, I recommend you not consider this TV at all. I love my old Philips, but they let me down with this TV. The picture/performance is what I'd expect of a lesser brand marked $100 cheaper. You can do much better for the price of this set.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2013 10:00 AM PST