Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for LV > Reviews

Browse

LV's Profile

Customer Reviews: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LV RSS Feed (Lafayette, CO United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Best Automatic Rabbit Lever Style Corkscrew Wine Bottle Opener Set With Bonus Wine Aerator Decanter, Foil Cutter and Replacement Corkscrew
Offered by S&K, Inc.
Price: $47.97
2 used & new from $27.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wine Opener!, August 7, 2015
Feels solid, works exactly as described. Great wine opener!

Epica 800 Watt Handheld Fabric Steamer
Epica 800 Watt Handheld Fabric Steamer
Offered by Perella's
Price: $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 3, 2015
It's exactly what I needed! I've only had it a few weeks, but it works perfectly.

A True Friend Leaves Paw Prints On Your Heart Grey Case / Cover For Apple Iphone 6 or 6S by Atomic Market
Offered by Atomic Market
Price: $14.69
2 used & new from $14.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Well, Looks Good, December 27, 2014
This fit my iPhone6 perfectly! I have even received compliments on it. I've also dropped my iPhone several times, and it has never broken with this as its cover. I would definitely recommend.

KATE GOSSELIN: How She Fooled The World: The Rise And Fall Of A Reality TV Queen
by Robert Hoffman
Price: $14.88
41 used & new from $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Terribly Written, Skips Around, Literally Trashy, September 9, 2014
This is easily one of the worst non-fiction books I have ever read. I have no love for Kate Gosselin, and I only ordered this because I needed something for the plane and I wanted to see what the fuss was about. I was kind of curious. But this book made me pity Kate, something that I never thought would happen. I could only get through half of the book before deleting it off my kindle in disgust.

The author claims at the beginning that everything in the book is double-sourced, meaning that he didn't write anything unless he had two people who told him the same thing. This is absurdly false, as many of his assertations came from Kate's private journal that he "found" in the trash.

The Heisenberg Principle states, in a nutshell, that the act of observing something actually changes it. I have no doubt that this is the case here. In several passages, the author asserts something that he observed or another "pap" observed. Does he not take into consideration that Kate was speeding down a street because she was being followed by the paparazzi? That she drove right up to the hospital to pick up her files, and had somebody meet her outside with them, because she was being followed? He attributes these actions to some sort of arrogance on her part. That could be the case, but attributing an emotion to somebody based on what he's seen is hardly a fact, and it's hardly double-sourced. These passages where he's describing things that he's observed made me cringe, evoking images of Princess Diana desperately trying to escape the paparazzi.

There are so many contradictions in this book that it leaves the reader spinning. Do the kids fear Kate, are they desperate to be away from her, as he indicates in one part? Or do they crave her attention, clinging to her and begging her for attention, as he asserts in another chapter?

The author attributes "lies" to Kate, citing what she wrote as her experience in the hospital when she was pregnant, and comparing it to what others wrote about her. He doesn't allow for the fact that if she really believes that's how it was for her at the hospital, then it's not a lie, it's a different point of view.

In another part of the book, the author asserts that Kate has nothing to do with her father because he wouldn't give her money from his church. Yet the background on how Kate grew up, and the abuse that she possibly suffered as a child, would be a lot more believable reason for the distance between the two. In spite of the author's assertion at the beginning of the book that everything is double-sourced, he offers no second source for his assertion that Kate and her father are distant because of Kate's greed.

There are also many conclusions that the author comes to by going through Kate's trash. Honestly, I found that to be both horrifying and unseemly, and I felt dirty just reading it. If an invitation to the school's fundraiser is thrown away in the trash, then it means that Kate is ungiving, uncaring, and arrogant. But there would be no way for the author to see things that Kate DID for the school. How many moms have tossed a school fundraising event into the trash, knowing that we couldn't make it because we had other plans, we didn't want to give to that particular thing because we had already given to another, or just because we were tired from raising kids and living life? I can't even imagine being judged on something like that.

I could go on and on about the poor writing here. There are logical problems with the author's conclusions on almost every page. In addition, the book doesn't seem to be organized very well. He skips around in years like crazy, referencing 2008 or 2010. I don't know about you, but I'm no expert on the Gosselin Timeline, as he seems to be, so referencing a year has little impact on me to understand what the author is trying to say.

Finally, about the journal, yes, there are some sad things in there. But what I overwhelmingly saw from this author's picking and choosing excerpts from it, was a mom who knows that she has too much to do and too little time, and was praying for patience. How many moms have felt like bad moms occasionally? How many of us have felt overwhelmed, tired, and at the end of our ropes? Personally, I would never want my own personal thoughts to be public, and it made me sad to see somebody, even Kate Gosselin, to be exposed in this way.

Don't waste your money on this book. Watch re-runs of the show and come to your own conclusions. There's plenty there.

Hero Nutritionals Slice of Life Vit C Plus Pomegranate Natural Fruit -- 60 Gummies
Offered by OTCRX4U
Price: $12.36
10 used & new from $10.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 16, 2014
Great way to get your kid to take Vitamin C!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A Psst Sound and a Little Air is all it Takes, July 28, 2014
I'm so glad I found this! I typically like to reward my dogs for good behavior rather than use something negative, but as a negative correction goes, it doesn't get any kinder than a pssst sound and a little air. My little mixed breed dog loved to charge the fence on our walks if there was another dog barking and charging the fence, and I couldn't get her to stop. Until I got this. Now she walks right on by, as if she's proud of herself for taking the higher road. And now instead of barking non-stop at guests in our house, first she started just ignoring them, and now she actually comes up to them to be petted. It's unbelievable. I have to laugh, though, because I'm sure that when people see me walking towards them with the dogs on a leash and this can in my hand, they probably think I'm carrying mace or something. Fine with me!

Purina Gentle Snackers Hypoallergenic Dog Treats (8 oz), Case of 8
Purina Gentle Snackers Hypoallergenic Dog Treats (8 oz), Case of 8
Offered by Medi-Vet Animal Health
Price: $63.33
5 used & new from $63.33

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Treat for a Dog with IBD, July 14, 2014
I was so happy to find a treat that my dog with Inflammatory Bowel Disease can eat. The Gentle Snackers are made from hydrolized protein, which is the only kind of protein that my dog can eat. My littler dog does not care for these, as I think they are somewhat plain in flavor, but they work great for the dog that needs them.

Pokemon Japan national football team With Pokemon Pikachu Plush Doll guts pose
Pokemon Japan national football team With Pokemon Pikachu Plush Doll guts pose
Offered by K.G. convenience agency
Price: $29.99
140 used & new from $29.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta Love Pikachu!, July 14, 2014
Who doesn't love Pikachu? He always makes me smile. And a soccer Pikachu wearing a Japanese World Cup uniform? There's just nothing better!

Harvey
Harvey
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, July 14, 2014
This review is from: Harvey (Amazon Video)
I saw Harvey first as a teenager on some TV network that showed old movies. I remembered it as being a delightful movie that made me think about life in general. Then, renting it with the family, I was nervous about whether it would hold up. So many movies made in the 1950's are dated and make you wonder what you thought was so good about them. I needn't have worried about Harvey, though. It took the kids a while to get used to the fast talking and over the top acting by some of the actors, but Harvey holds up well. It's a delightful movie about a man and his rabbit friend. We were all thoroughly entertained. Super fun movie for the family!

Women`s noble Push Up Tankini-Bandeau with Hotpants,two pieces, (flav-1011-1028-f2584) Color: Black/Points, size - 12
Offered by Skuttys-VersandhandelUS
Price: $69.99
3 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite swimsuit, April 17, 2014
I wanted a two-piece tankini to wear around the pool, and this one fit the bill perfectly. It looks great on, and I don't have a problem with it moving up, showing my belly. I did match the top with another black swimsuit bottom that I already owned as I'm not a fan of the style of bottoms that come with this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5